Britney on Broadway...

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#0Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:42pm

I think this requires its own thread.
So, if you are free...

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

CrAzIaBoUtReNt
#1re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:44pm

oh dear...please no...

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#2re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:45pm

wow. uhm... yea, just wow.

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#3re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:45pm

wow. uhm... yea, just wow.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#4re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:46pm

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! That is THE only thing that would drag my @ss back to see that show (which still doesn't exist in my head). I am still waiting for the next revival of SWEET CHARITY.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:46pm

Call me crazy, but I am ALL FOR THIS. I love her, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I don't care how trashy she is - how untalented you may think she is - I would see this in a heartbeat.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#6re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:48pm

I'd rather eat glass than see Britney Spears in a Broadway show.

What's next? Paris Hilton doing Chekov??

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

DramaDork925
#7re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:50pm

I want to start a Keep Britney off Broadway campaign... anyone wanna help?

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#8re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:52pm

You guys kill me...I am a strong supporter in ANYONE coming in to take over a role...Personally, I'd love to see Justin Timberlake, Britney, etc.

I'd like to give anybody a chance....and if they suck...hey, at least we can focus our(BWW posters) ridicule on them.

In their defense though, some of these performers might surprise us. I don't think it's EASY doing concert tours or anything, I'm sure it can get tiring, but I wonder if maybe they'd be in for a wake up call doing 8 shows a week...Maybe they wouldn't be so eager to be up for Broadway shows. I don't really think it matters in this case who takes over for Christina....The show in my opinion...just is not suited for Broadway today...I will always hold in my heart that Sweet Charity was a one hit wonder...but that's me...I say let Britney take over and see where things go...if she realizes she's not THAT good of a performer and bitches about not being able to sing a long with her tracks...or if the show just closes altogether...

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#9re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:52pm

I saw this thread title and threw up in my mouth a little.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#10re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:53pm

Well here's the thing. She can't sing live, she doesn't sing live. And anyone who saw Crossroads (yes, I did) knows that she can't act either.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Chrysanthemum62001
#11re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:55pm

Why Broadway? Why?!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

colleen_lee
#12re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:56pm

Argh!!! MY retinas, they're burning!

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#13re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:57pm

Hey, at least it's Sweet Charity. What if she had chosen Light in the Piazza?

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#14re: Britney on Broadway...

Ah, so that's why they want the Hilton.

billyrubin Profile Photo
billyrubin
#15re: Britney on Broadway...

Katygrace, you should check out that thread on acid reflux...

Overall, I'm supportive of whatever sells tickets & creates more exposure for Broadway. Could be a good thing-

katygrace84 Profile Photo
katygrace84
#16re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:58pm

So glad I saw Charity here in Chicago and I can avoid the trainwreck that is sure to ensue should she end up in this role. Yay for me.

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#17re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 3:59pm

Then, let her get up there and make a fool of herself. Hell, I'd pay to see that. I wonder what she's thinking though?

"Hey! I'm Britney F*ckin Spears! I've done Justin, I've done tours, I'm doing the mom thing, what's left? BROADWAY! Maybe this will be my chance. After the producers of Wicked see me in this role, I can finally take over a starring role in the show that "changed my life" "

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#18re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:02pm

Beyond EVERYTHING else, what's tragic about a 23-year-old taxi dancer who wants to get out? Charity MUST be cast by someone AT LEAST 30-40 and, more likely OVER 40. Otherwise, why should you care? You have to FEEL for this person who has been STUCK in a life she doesn't want and is fighting to make a change. It just wouldn't play correctly with someone that young, no matter HOW amazing their acting might be.

Besides, I'm afraid that Britney is too used to click-tracks and won't be able to handle REALLY singing 8 shows per week.

". . . POP . . ."
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:02 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#19re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:03pm

Who'll be her standby? Hillary Duff?
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:03 PM

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#20re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:04pm

No, the Olsen twins. Two for the price of one.

". . . POP . . ."

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#21re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:05pm

both of you: Duff and Olsens. lol.

all I said when I read that was: oh god...oh god....oh GOD!

noooooooooooo

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#22re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:06pm

What kills me is that I opened this thinking it was another joke thread about Britney on Broadway.... but then I read the article and a little part of me died inside. Not only will we get Britney... but Kevin Federline too!

.... IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE!!!!!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#23re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:07pm

Gag me with a butcher knife.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????

Pinguin Profile Photo
Pinguin
#24re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 4:07pm

Darn them double posts.

-Anyone want to turn anarchist with me?

"Bless you and all who know you, oh wise and penguined one." ~YouWantItWhen????
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 04:07 PM

Videos