Wicked KARAOKE question

#0Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/11/05 at 11:33pm

What CD has the better version of Wonderful? I need the opinon for my audtion for my school's Cabaret. I need it to be the solo verison minus the Elphaba influence. Which has that?

hot_brdwy_diva Profile Photo
hot_brdwy_diva
#1re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/12/05 at 12:06am

I reccommend the Pocket Songs version of Wonderful.
As far as the part with Elphaba- I think you can sing this as a solo and just ignore the Elphaba part and it will come out fine. It's only a small part. And if it bugs you too much then you can be creative and add something that fits in that spot.

"You just have to do what your voice tells you to do." -Linda Eder

YankeesFan175
#2re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/12/05 at 12:38am

the entire pocket songs CD is much better. the stage stars version is horrible.

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#3re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/12/05 at 3:14am

Ya, stage stars songs sound like they're from a cheap videogame. The pocket songs CD actually has orchestral instruments playing an almost exact replica of the show's score.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#4re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/12/05 at 8:38am

I like the Just Tracks one, but thats just me

Imchristine4real Profile Photo
Imchristine4real
#5re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/14/05 at 5:40pm

I have the Pocket Songs and think it's the better cd all round.
Like people said, you could either just not sing where Elphaba does, or make up words that work. Have Fun!

As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!... I dreamed a dream in time gone bye... This is the moment! My final test!... PS. Couldn't choose just one :-)

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#6re: Wicked KARAOKE question
Posted: 11/14/05 at 7:16pm

so what are the best brands?