News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PipingHotPiccolo

Member Name: PipingHotPiccolo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco
 Jun 22 2024, 01:28:53 PM

I saw Paulson, who was solid but totally losing her voice and came off as exhausted- which works for the character most of the show. 

But if I may: Benko is a solid veteran actress, and this is a play that holds up without any big names in it. If you want to/can see it today, go.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 07:45:13 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Kids having less sex makes springawakening even lessrelevant to peoples lives."

this is the opposite of the point you made initially. 

broadwayflash strikes again, and vanquishes all of us. 

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES Previews
 Jun 19 2024, 07:09:58 PM

i didnt love the show, and kelli was certainly the highlight without question. an exquisite performance.

but this clear-headed, brave and honest realtalk is even more impressive. what an icon.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 07:06:23 PM

whats so completely misguided about the original post is the suggestion that because we live in a more liberal society today, we cant appreciate a show set in the 1800s, AND the suggestion that our societal values have shifted so dramatically since (checks notes) 16 years ago when this show exploded.

but yes, we get it, BwayFlash wants to make some sort of comment about all the teenagers having sex, apparently unaware that young ppl are having less sex than ever before. k. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 19 2024, 06:59:12 PM

mridley2 said: "

SIX has already tried quite a bit of stunt casting. Not BIG names but names known to their target audience. Not sure how much bigger a name they can get.
"

Name a single "stunt" cast member of SIX, which to my knowledge has (blissfully!) only featured total unknowns?

Eureka Day cast
 Jun 18 2024, 08:55:04 PM

Agreed. MTC had a fantastic season last year and im excited for more. What a cast!

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 17 2024, 11:21:56 PM

i thought it was a great performance and the staging/energy was surprisingly alluring and fresh.

it just confirmed that i want to see this when Redmayne is on vacation. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:21:31 PM

everyones rightfully complaining about these awards show but the answer is staring us right in the face.

last year, we cut the fat, ie the desperate attempts at humor, and the silly bits and dance spectacles, and just had people give out hardware and honor shows. it worked brilliantly. 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 16 2024, 11:16:07 PM

What an odd situation- did they assume similar terms to what he had in London and then he asked for more? 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:11:46 PM

Groff's earnestness and sincerity is so pure and consistent and raises the level of every performance he gives. This speech plays into that strength. Well done.

And way to go Outsiders. What a strange year.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:02:52 PM

Actress/Supporting Actress makes the most sense if youre looking to reward Hells Kitchen somewhere. Yes Kelli was brilliant but shes won before, the show is closed and never found an audience...this doesnt surprise me. Mazel Tov to Moon. Her moment with Bean got me choked up.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:44:40 PM

Sarah Paulson should teach a seminar on how to give a dang speech, but I wish they had shown snippets of those actresses' incredible performances.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:34:59 PM

* still think Brody Grant deserves the tony. was thrown by the lack of "gravel" on the stage but they did their show proud--until they jumped into the fight scene which im sorry does not make any sense out of context? what was the thought process here? this should by all rights run a long time appealing to families and teens but im not sure this snippet of beautifully staged raw violence does that? 

* i forgot to mention, but guys, very smart to have a NY Jets

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:19:18 PM

* what a year for plays-- id be happy with Jaja or French Republic taking this award even though its Stereophonics, but really just a strong crop.

* Adjmi broke my heart there. Hes right. And kudos to all of them for giving credit to Playwrights Horizons and the Off Bway teams taking these chances.

* did we know Hillary was going to be there and I forgot? Im star-struck from my couch. I felt Kelli Ohara in that moment.

* i hope Suffs sells tickets to tons of wom

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:11:29 PM

Kad said: "This is a very weird and off-feeling ceremony."

feels haphazard, put together almost like an after thought.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:02:10 PM

* Great Gatsby commercial reminding us that no one at Lincoln Center remembers this show exists! I liked it a whole bunch, fwiw. 

* Jason Alexander is a theater/tv treasure and I thought he was raking in Seinfeld checks forever, so why is he doing this mustard commercial that makes me want to hide from cringe?

* Gad and Rannels are there, I presume, to torture us with a reminder of what actually inherenty funny people are like and force us to wonder why arent they host

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:43:10 PM

* Water for Elephants performance was really emblematic of the show itself- pleasant, exciting movement, grating score, Paul Alexander Nolan commanding the whole thing immediately upon appearance. I think it sold some tickets, but again, the camera work was strange and the acrobatics were hidden behind the dancers? 

* Stereophonics achieved very little with that performance. No intro, no build, just a minute of unexplained aggressive singing? What was the point?

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 16 2024, 09:17:23 PM

blaxx said: "There's your snub, Maria Friedman."

Yeah. Thrilled for Taymor and much preferred the Outsiders to Merrily but if anyone ever DIRECTED something it was Maria. Wild.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:07:39 PM

thoughts from the first hour:

*  what insane hex has Ariana DeBose put on the producers of awards shows? when does it run out? Just dreadful. Shes not funny. No ones writing funny for her. The Hells Kitchen performance *was* the opener. 

* camera work, yikes. I knew Jay Z and Alicia were at a grand staircase in Linc Center but without ever panning OUT, it looked like she had to go find him because he got lost in a random stairwell.

* Jeremy Str

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 07:26:29 PM

now its 9 diff shows each winning one...

no pattern here

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You