News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PipingHotPiccolo

Member Name: PipingHotPiccolo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 09:44:32 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Are you kidding me?? It’s all anybody talked about this spring, was the rumble. People kept going on and on and on about it, my goodness. The gay men I will site are friends of mine and all the comments they made, and the ones made on the pervy broadway forums."

lol the pervy broadway forums! im missing out on so much imaginary stuff.

but AGAIN it is so insanely offensive to reduce what is without a doubt one of the most cleverly st

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 01:42:18 AM

i thought it was left ambiguous, but others disagreed. i certainly think your conclusion is plausible.

Cast Replacements
 Jul 20 2024, 01:21:49 AM

funny for this to pop up today- friends from Spain are in town and insisted they had to see Moulin Rouge, so I was back for my third visit to that boring show- some highs (Andre Ward, Derek Klena's take on the role) and some lows (overall energy, Derek Klena's voice struggled a whole bunch) but

Hailee Kaleem Wright was a simply fantastic Satine. I mean, just a fully realized, rock solid performance with insane vocal runs/power. Light years better than Olivo or that Austral

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 9 2024, 10:41:35 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I heard &juliet and Suffs are eyeing a January closing. I feel like elephants and notebook could run through the year and close in January too. Good for great gatsby, a hit is a hit."

You are certainly entitled to "feel like" some shows will close in January, but bruh absolutely no one hear believes you "heard" anything about &Juliet or Suffs. And if they both do close in January (possible, sure) it will still not mak

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 9 2024, 10:38:09 PM

im glad theatrefan is calling out some of the delusional nonsense here, and its important to distinguish between perceptions (often irrational) and actual reality. 

but its truly concerning to see that clear-headed well-articulated point morph into "there is no crime problem here at all! the homeless are without homes, but how dare you suggest many/some are also unwell and dangerous!"  ridiculous.

i have lived in manhattan my whole life. its been worse, and i

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Jul 5 2024, 06:33:30 PM

Anyone experience the front/side seats at SUFFS that are marked partial view? I remember the show being 99% center stage (to a fault) so wondering if this is a solid option ? 

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 5 2024, 03:35:49 PM

somewhere along the way, people started to take "any publicity is good publicity" out of the marketing realm and into the political message sphere, where it just isn't true. if you "protest" to "get people talking" but all the people that are talking are saying negative things about your "message" (or are unable to articulate your message at all), you've failed. 

extremists that dont learn this, stay extreme (ie th

Jul 4 2024, 02:05:58 PM

spreads the lie, justifies its plausibility, gaslights ("take a breath"), and then finally backs down.  Kellyanne, is that you?

but to be fair, the last bit of promising-to-do-better is all we can ask for in this world, and i welcome the climb down, though i would urge someone who thinks the producers hired neonazis to protest leo frank to reflect just a tiny bit on how susceptible they are to hate mongering, and wonder where that comes from. as i said, i a

Jul 3 2024, 11:36:34 PM

there have always been, and always will be, idiots. its just a fact. and many of them are attention-seekers who, as with most idiots, are convinced their idiocy must be shared with others. whats changing is that the idiots of the past were content to be idiots amongst themselves, but now idiots are always on camera, and every idiot stunt is readymade to get rocketed worldwide for other idiots to admire. 

so stunts like this at suffs cant bother us- idiots. a bug in the human condi

BLUEBERRIES eyeing Broadway?
 Jul 1 2024, 01:05:11 AM

BroadwayFlash again running headfirst into a wall: I can think of many "jewish plays" that flopped on/off Bway, but we dont even have to look all that far- Harmony flopped just a few months ago. Its *almost* as if good plays are generally more successful, jewish or not. Fool.  

What Happened Between Tom Kitt & Brian Yorkey?
 Jun 30 2024, 12:02:48 AM

your gossip mongering is simply gross.  didnt you just get done trying to spread different rumors the mods had to shut down? what will make you stop?

TOMMY To Close on July 21, 2024
 Jun 26 2024, 12:13:16 AM

i enjoyed parts of this production but its hard to feel sorry for them: without bringing in anyone to look at the show with new eyes, this show was performed for solely for an audience of revisiting fans, and not anyone approaching it for the first time. thats malpractice, but predictable if you let the same person egomaniacally put on "his" show again and again...

a cast album would have been nice though, because those voices were mostly sublime.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 08:52:13 PM

justherehanging said: "She was also out on June 15, the night before the Tony’s

an email went out that said she would be out for both performances that Saturday, it’s just disappointing. They put so much hype on it. They charged so much for the performance

disappointment how they’re handling things
"

Genuinely dont understand the complaint. Gayle Rankin called out a few times. So? Yes, disappointing but happens to every performe

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco
 Jun 22 2024, 01:28:53 PM

I saw Paulson, who was solid but totally losing her voice and came off as exhausted- which works for the character most of the show. 

But if I may: Benko is a solid veteran actress, and this is a play that holds up without any big names in it. If you want to/can see it today, go.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 07:45:13 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Kids having less sex makes springawakening even lessrelevant to peoples lives."

this is the opposite of the point you made initially. 

broadwayflash strikes again, and vanquishes all of us. 

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES Previews
 Jun 19 2024, 07:09:58 PM

i didnt love the show, and kelli was certainly the highlight without question. an exquisite performance.

but this clear-headed, brave and honest realtalk is even more impressive. what an icon.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 07:06:23 PM

whats so completely misguided about the original post is the suggestion that because we live in a more liberal society today, we cant appreciate a show set in the 1800s, AND the suggestion that our societal values have shifted so dramatically since (checks notes) 16 years ago when this show exploded.

but yes, we get it, BwayFlash wants to make some sort of comment about all the teenagers having sex, apparently unaware that young ppl are having less sex than ever before. k. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 19 2024, 06:59:12 PM

mridley2 said: "

SIX has already tried quite a bit of stunt casting. Not BIG names but names known to their target audience. Not sure how much bigger a name they can get.
"

Name a single "stunt" cast member of SIX, which to my knowledge has (blissfully!) only featured total unknowns?

Eureka Day cast
 Jun 18 2024, 08:55:04 PM

Agreed. MTC had a fantastic season last year and im excited for more. What a cast!

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 17 2024, 11:21:56 PM

i thought it was a great performance and the staging/energy was surprisingly alluring and fresh.

it just confirmed that i want to see this when Redmayne is on vacation. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You