News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nzagier

Member Name: nzagier
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL CLOSE?
 Jun 17 2022, 09:44:42 AM

troynow said: "The problem with people getting “paychecks” is that Garth has basically fulfilled the contract except one part… Benefits. He has not paid any actors or crew benefits since March.

The challenge here is that he is doing the paycheck and leaving the benefits to arbitration. In arbitration he will lose ultimately, however at that tome there will be no money to get.

His personal fees are outrageous on this show
"

Jun 17 2022, 08:18:09 AM

expectingtheworst said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "OF COURSE EVERYONE IS GETTING PAYCHECKS. Or at least the people working directly in the theatre are –– we don't know about what agencies and other service providers might be owed. Equity and the other unions would intervene if their members weren't being paid. The production is bonded with AEA for this very reason.

A cashflow problem means some sucker of an investor is covering the losses,

Jun 16 2022, 12:14:26 PM

expectingtheworst said: "nzagier said: "PSQ announcement allegedly coming Sunday. They are working on cash flow now to service the notice period."

How'd you find this out?
"

people are talking 

Jun 16 2022, 11:44:17 AM

PSQ announcement allegedly coming Sunday. They are working on cash flow now to service the notice period.       

Jun 15 2022, 04:02:58 PM

When and if PSQ closes, what do you think the investors  will lose? I here close $15 million. How does the bond work? Who is protected ?      

Jun 15 2022, 09:05:05 AM

Paradise Sq. saw a slight bump on Monday and Tuesday I am told, but not enough to suggest a trend. Big meeting today to discuss its future         

Is it time for a 'Sweet Charity' revival starring Ariana DeBose ?
 Jun 14 2022, 11:15:44 AM

quizking101 said: "I'll take Ariana in a revival of this for sure, although I would KILL for her in "Kiss Of The Spider Woman"."

great idea - but Chita defined it with her smoke and grit - anyone who came after did not capture it - including the car crash that was Maria Conchita Alonso. So bad.    

Jun 14 2022, 11:00:39 AM

any predictions from y'all on what will close post Tony's ?   

2022 Tony Awards ratings: down 35% from 2019, up 39% from 2021
 Jun 13 2022, 05:14:33 PM

ratings shmating ...proof will be in box office  this week  

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!
 Jun 13 2022, 11:26:14 AM

I loved Ariana's energy. yes the songs were cheesy - but bravo on taking this on. The real highlight was not the show - but Rita Moreno on 60 Minutes before this show. She is selfless, iconic and pure magic. 

Jun 13 2022, 10:57:52 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "* I havent seen A Strange Loop, but in a very weak year for new musical works (on Broadway anyway) i was relieved to see it win, for the sake of New Work Encouragement alone.

* The Lehman Trilogy was the most entertaining three hours I've spent in a theater in a while, and Simon Russel Beale really was remarkable (though any of the three leads deserve all the kudos possible).

* Happy for Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who was a highlight of Ta

Jun 13 2022, 10:46:04 AM

I thought the evening was great. I don't agree with the NYT review that  it was "bland". I think the voter's got it right. I assume some key shows like Girl From and Paradise will post closing notices this week .        

Tony Red Carpet
 Jun 13 2022, 09:53:18 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "nzagier said: "JasonC3 said: "Not sure what the big deal is with the statement. It is not that much different than people saying describing their "true calling" or "Life's purpose.""

True calling? lol. There is NO WE in I. His words triggered many bad memories for me at LIVENT. Allow me that much needed therapy to heal.
"

With all due respect, joining a Broadway message board today to vent is a total waste of time. You’re better off just deleting this new account or else you’re going to be spending your week defending yourself. Silence is golden. We truly don’t need to hear about your personal issues with LIVENT. kiss
"

I joined as I was triggered by his statement. People need outlets for PTSD. Onwards, I  will  now silence myself, Mr. Fosse,      

Tony Red Carpet
 Jun 13 2022, 09:32:32 AM

JasonC3 said: "Not sure what the big deal is with the statement. It is not that much different than people saying describing their "true calling" or "Life's purpose.""

True calling?  lol. There is NO WE in I. His words triggered  many bad memories for me at LIVENT. Allow me that much needed therapy to heal.  

PARADISE SQUARE will release an original Broadway cast album
 Jun 13 2022, 09:22:43 AM

I heard it was recorded but some vendors are still owed money on getting it mixed and released. They should have just dropped a single on spotify and itunes, a cast album will sell 125 units max.     

Tony Red Carpet
 Jun 13 2022, 09:16:32 AM

It's been a long time since I have been involved in the Broadway community since leaving LIVENT, but when I watched BW red carpet coverage and saw producer Garth Drabinsky  say;  " I was put on this earth to produce", I nearly fainted. Who says that? While the evening could not have turned out being what he hoped for, his hubris does not match the message of his show of inclusivity. I WAS PUT ON THIS EARTH TO PRODUCE.  Oy vey, happy travel

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You