News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Logainne

Logainne Profile Photo
Member Name: Logainne
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 May 7 2009, 04:43:52 PM
What does that mean, though? TDF?
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 May 7 2009, 04:35:28 PM
Hi everyone!!
I haven't been on this board in a while...but I am reviving my participation because of my AMAZING LOVE OF NEXT TO NORMAL.
I go to school just outside of the city and I'm dragging my friend in this weekend to try rush.
Question...I didn't look through the entire thread cause its 26 pages, but what are the TDF dates exactly?
I love this show!!!!!

re: Painfully loud laughing at the theater
 May 7 2009, 03:59:42 PM
I don't know if I've ever actually had this happen...but I feel like I could have done it......woops.
The worst is when you understand a reference that the majority of the audience doesn't, so although you laugh normal level you end up being obnoxiously loud compared to everyone else....this totally happened to me in [title of show]. During one of the Into the Woods references most of the audience just smiled to themselves and chuckled while I like...audibly cackled. Whoops.

Oh..and

re: Shrek? Could it?
 May 7 2009, 03:53:51 PM
I saw Shrek and I really enjoyed it...which was surprising, as I am a self-proclaimed "anti-disneyficationist". It's also self proclaimed because I made up that word.
Anyway, the musical was really fun and I still think the music is pretty fabulous. I don't think it has a chance next to Billy Elliot and N2N, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed....
Also, maybe its just my Brian bias, but I seriously though Brian would have a shot at the Tony...that was until the three Billy's got no

re: Powerful,Meaningful,Moving Lyrics
 Apr 6 2007, 01:41:12 PM
"The opposite of war isn't peace, its creation!!!"
....much of Rent- "no day but today"

God...everything Sondheim.
"Stars and Moon" from Songs for a new World...that whole song has such a powerful message behind it.

And of course the entirety of Spring Awakening.....as one who hates the tyrannical world of high school, the lyrics of "And Then There Were None" mean a lot to me.
And agreed..."All Thats Known" basically describes everything I feel about the world

re: Fave Spring Awakening track
 Dec 26 2006, 03:46:54 PM
"I'm disappointed. Seeing the clips online was enough for me...I won't be seeing this show."

Thats sad.

The "My Junk" lyrics are a little iffy (my junk is you part) but the song is so great I kind of don't care. But whenever I'm singing it around the house or something my family will be like "my junk is you?? what awful lyrics" and it makes me very sad.

re: Should Broadway Have a Ratings System
 Dec 26 2006, 03:43:38 PM
I agree somewhat with either of the last couple posts. Kids who are five...yeah...it is sort of a waste of that much money for a little kid to just see their favorite disney movie on stage. However, my first broadway show was Titanic...and I saw that at 8 years old. I probably couldn't appreciate it as much as I would if I saw it now, but almost 9 years later now I still remember it...and I remember sitting at the end of my chair and being engrossed for the whole show. It was what first got me i
re: Should Broadway Have a Ratings System
 Dec 26 2006, 03:25:00 PM
I agree that warnings are good...but not restrictions. I mean my mom has always been trusting of me and never had a restriction even with R movies. I saw Avenue Q in seventh grade and I think a lot of the humor may have gone over my head. But like someone said, telecharge does have the warning. Its just good to have something that tells parents if they should take their kids or not...in case their completely clueless about a show. But a rating can be really arbitrary...i mean do you just say R b
re: Spring Awakening Understudies
 Dec 26 2006, 03:19:32 PM
I heard somewhere that Lea has been sick...I'm seeing the mattine tommorow, any word about if she'll be in? And if not, any word about Wendla's understudy?
re: Keep Spring Awakening OPEN!
 Dec 25 2006, 11:51:51 PM
Just bought my tickets today and I'm super excited...considering that John Gallagher is an alum from my community theater (which makes me so happy), I hope it lasts FOREVER. For the person who said its only for teens, thats not exactly true..but I can see where there coming from. I just think that theres a huge base of non-theater people that it can appeal to, that won't be able to see it because...their non-theater people. And a lot of the people the show could appeal to still need their parent
A couple questions about Spring Awakening...
 Dec 15 2006, 04:11:36 PM
Right. So I just had a couple questions about the show. I fell in love with it before it even opened in previews from the 'Bitch of living' video....plus the fact that John Gallagher is an alum of the theater I do things at. So I just got the CD on Tuesday...and loved it, and hoping to go see it soon. But I was wondering from people who've been to the Eugene O'Niel...how the onstage seats are. I've got really conflicting opinions...and I really want to figure out what their talking about with th
re: Other SWEENEY movie cast members - LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN
 Jun 13 2006, 10:36:00 AM
Ha. Oompa man......

Anyway.....

Direction by Burton is going to make it...I dunno....different. I like it dark but Burton has this specific dark like..childish effect. And it will make it main stream for every 13 year old who has Nightmare Before christmas bed sheets. :
But god, no one better try to touch the score other than Sondheim. I think I would cry.

re: Flops that deserve one more day in the sun
 Apr 9 2006, 10:54:46 PM
I don't know if this counts...but Seussical always has seemed synonomous with 'flop' and destined to be a musical for high schools. I know its not quite Broadway...caliber, but the music is really really good and I think it deserves a little more recognition.
re: 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee Sheet Music
 Apr 9 2006, 10:52:16 PM
Its not in the book...thats all I know. I was hoping it would be too, its one of my favorite songs. Not sure where you could get a copy.
re: Moment in a Musical That Truly Gives You Goosebumps
 Jan 24 2006, 11:08:13 AM
"One Day More" definately. I've recently become obsessed with that song. Aaannd of course "Defying Gravity." Umm....there's a brillion more. I'm trying to think. There was one moment that gave me goosebums during "Spamalot" in the song Find your grail, just because I saw the stage and realized how much I wanted to be on that stage right then, not sitting in the audience. The end of Titanic is good too, though I don't remember much since I saw that 8 years ago. Oh and of course Rent. All of Rent.
Ya think?
 Jan 7 2006, 06:55:36 PM
YOU'VE SEEN ANTHONY IN HEDWIG???!!!

Holy crap. Was he effing amazing?

When I found out Anthony was a Hedwig I like...died three deaths in a row. Thats just like "hey how about we take the greatest, cutest singer/actor that you love and take one of the most amazing shows out there....and PUT THEM TOGETHER."
Ack.

And on the subject of Markscarves. I wanted one so bad for Hanukkah. All my friends got iPods, and all I wanted was a scarf. No one understood. But my mom

re: Pre-show announcements...
 Jan 7 2006, 06:52:31 PM
I love DRS's announcement. I also like Spamalot which I'm going to quote horribly but its something like.."during the performance, feel free to let your cell phone ring as much as you like, but know we have heavily armed men with spears on stage" or something like that which I probably just mutilated. I also like how Spelling Bee incorporated everything into the Bee.
re: Best Opening (Not Overture) Number in a Musical
 Dec 24 2005, 12:30:09 PM
Yeah, I must say Titanic is a favorite as well..its a great way to set the scene for the show.

And I'm not sure if anyone said this because I didn't read every post, but I love the opening to "Your a Good Man Charlie Brown", more on the revival recording with the neat added parts.
"Into the Woods" also I love and "Sweeney Todd" is so haunting and awesome.
Also "I Hope I Get It" I love love and it starts off the show nicely.
Umm..I love "25th Annual..." and "Statues and Stor

re: So...after rehearsal we could.....
 Dec 24 2005, 12:12:27 PM
We used to have a summer show, and after opening night the entire cast, still in makeup and all wearing show shirts, would go to Friendly's (for those non-east coasters its a little ice cream and fast food place) and take it by storm. The management would always have to throw us out eventually because there were like 50 kids in stage makeup storming their restuarant and pushing tables together and ruining the actual guest's meals. One time they wouldn't let us in because they knew we were coming
re: Spelling Bee Sentences
 Dec 24 2005, 12:08:27 PM
When I saw it the second time, they needed to get rid of the last contestant, but he got the word right whatever it was. So they all start laughing, and Jay and Lisa just stared at eachother cracking up, and the audience was hilarious. So Jay leans over and gives some ridiculous word that doesn't exist and they guy was like "can I have that in a sentance please?" and Jay just says "no". So the guy starts to spell it and one letter in Jay rang the bell. It was awesome.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You