News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RichieRSRich

Member Name: RichieRSRich
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KPOP Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Feb 22 2023, 05:35:21 PM

They’re not going to redo it in NY right now so start a new tour somewhere else.

KPOP Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Feb 21 2023, 05:30:25 PM

Can’t wait for the recording. The music was great. I saw the show on Broadway. The book was GODAWFUL. One of the worst I’ve ever seen. It destroyed the show. How could the director have fixed it?  The musical numbers were great. Everything I hoped for. They should rework the show in L.A. where there is a large Korean community. Throw out the book & it will work. There is a lot of interest. Just tour the show & forget Broadway. 

AIN’T NO MO On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 2 2022, 04:40:20 PM

Thanks for that info.  Makes complete sense that it was inspired by The Colored Museum.  Which I loved.  I still think about the wig scene and laugh, decades later.  

Dec 2 2022, 01:23:47 PM

Skits about contemporary black living.

Dec 2 2022, 01:10:37 PM

I saw it in previews.  Wasn’t as enthralled.  It’s basically an episode of In Living Color.  A series of sketches about identity politics.  The Colored Museum was its predecessor.  There were deeper messages within the scenes, but consistent screaming & chaos on stage diluted its message.  I love audacious challenging theatre but this isn’t as innovative as many are claiming.    I’m white (not that it should matter) and my fr

Nov 10 2022, 01:00:23 PM

There are deep points being made within the scenes but they’re totally lost by the chaos & non-stop screaming from beginning to end. There’s no through line to follow any of the points.  It ended up just being a mess. It’s just not ready. 

Nov 10 2022, 09:37:27 AM

I was there last night.  A complete & utter mess. Clearly not ready for an audience. I have no idea what this show is supposed to be. A real disappointment. It started out raucous then completely fell apart. The audience just sat there when it was done. We had no idea it was over. That’s it?  WTF?  Granted it’s the preview, but that was a disaster. 

Akimbo Discounts?
 Sep 14 2022, 03:26:15 PM

Are there any discounts for Kimberly Akimbo?

Seat Geek
 Aug 11 2022, 07:21:33 PM

Advice on Seat Geek.  Any good or bad experiences?  Planning a Broadway trip & haven’t used them for Broadway tickets.  I had a very bad experience with them for concert tickets.  Months after buying tickets, a couple hours before the show they  advised me I wasn’t getting the tickets.  I had to get my credit card company involved just to get my money back.  They’re liars & I don’t trust them.  Hoping to hear about Broadw

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You