News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aburnedhill

Member Name: aburnedhill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SCHMIGADOON! to play Kennedy Center
 May 7 2024, 10:59:55 AM

I need a Samantha Williams Olive Ostrovsky like yesterday.  

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to close in April
 May 3 2024, 05:07:27 PM

KingOfTheMine said: "Liz Callaway"

how perfect. Callaway or Kuhn are really the only two that could get me to see it again. Would be fun to watch Carmello belt the **** out of it. 

JK Rowling Concerns
 Apr 17 2024, 09:55:21 AM

Contrapoint's work should be worthy of the Pulitzer. She is single-handedly radicalizing Gen Z in the most watchable, digestible way possible. 

Creatives Taking Notes During Previews
 Mar 25 2024, 03:43:42 AM

Shared a row with James Lapine during one of two preview performances of Falsettos before it officially opened in LA later that week. It was thrilling once I realized who the man passing by me to use the restroom was. He was gracious and had conversation with anyone who wanted it on the way out. Got to express some gratitude for Passion and went on my gay little way. I only glanced over once or twice and it looked like notes were being taken on a large le

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?
 Mar 1 2024, 11:57:58 AM

Someone ring up Alix Korey .

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 15 2024, 02:19:33 PM

Cut out at intermission of Sweeney to put our names in for the cancellation line for this. Does not seem that hard in theory long as you show maybe 90 mins prior to the performance you want. The attendant running the show keeps things moving! Funny show-related quip, while waiting the Saturday night before, Blythe Danner was out front waiting to go to the show (apparently she loved it too). 

Ok so the show,

Endlessly hysterical. Tailor made filth for any John Waters fa

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Feb 15 2024, 11:55:17 AM

Saw the first Sunday matinee these two did. Only Act One as that was the plan from the jump. From what I saw, Sutton is giving a performance worth the return visit and the rush ticket price. I was wary as first of the casting, as echoed by all, but she more than impresses. From what I remember, my biggest issue with the production before was the grand lack of stakes. Although the production overall remains a snooze fest, Sutton imbues it with new life. She would have def made it a more intere

Ahmanson (Los Angeles) 2023-2024 Season
 Mar 8 2023, 07:31:22 PM

BroadwayBaby6 said: "Does anybody have any info on what The Ahmanson has in store for 2023-2024. Looks like all the major tours have been snapped by the for-profit Broadway in Hollywood with the exception of Funny Girl which is probably going to the Ahmanson. I'm wondering if the Ahmanson will get any London imports and if so, which ones?

Any leaked info?
"

Nothing leaked or concrete but here is to hoping we get an awesome London or Broadway remount of

Which Cast Recording Makes You Happiest?
 Mar 7 2023, 04:33:32 PM

2014 Side Show. It was my first Broadway show and you can just feel the love that entire cast is singing each others way. OG Follies and Sweeney recordings for the warm and fuzzies too.

Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
 Mar 5 2023, 02:11:41 PM

Sherie just interprets and performs in a way where things come so naturally to her. Hard agree on the Sondheim. I would actually be SO much more interested in her Sally than her Phyllis. Too Many Mornings?? BYE!

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?
 Sep 14 2022, 09:10:55 PM

This is the kind of post to get someone to finally create an account :) Just some of the favorites

-Sitting seats away from James Lapine at Falsettos on Tour at the Ahmanson. Quite early in the run, he was quite obviously taking notes on a pad as they were still in previews. Spoke briefly afterwards and thanked him for Passion lol.

-Front row center in a '30 Under 35' seat for How I Learned to Drive. Masters at work. Essential theatre. All the things you heard. Johanna D

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You