News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JanMaxwellsBag

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
Member Name: JanMaxwellsBag
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ROOM will open this spring
 Mar 17 2023, 01:21:30 PM

Never mind I truly don’t carep

2023-2024 Touring Season
 Mar 16 2023, 12:00:32 PM

perfectpenguin said: "Does anyone know when Hershey or Philly will announce?"

I believe someone noted Philly is announcing March 20th, IIRC. Really crossing my fingers for Company and possibly a return of Wicked. 

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 14 2023, 10:07:16 AM

BETTY22 said: "Opening night guests:

Christine Baranski,Sara Bareilles,Carolee Carmello
"

Dream blunt rotation

Songs Written For The Oscar
 Mar 11 2023, 10:25:47 PM

Since the 90s:
-You Must Love Me from Evita (The only winner in this list)
-I Move On from Chicago (An end credits song)
-Learn To Be Lonely from Phantom of the Opera (Also an end credits song)
-Listen, Love You I Do and Patience from Dreamgirls 
-Take It All from Nine (My personal favorite from this list)
-Suddenly from Les Miserables 

And some other songs that were written for film adaptations but not nominated:
-There’s Nothing Like

The BWW Tech Support Thread
 Mar 8 2023, 06:01:57 AM

The spam is out of control. 

Can we get some captcha? Some two factor authentication please? 

BURNAP ASCENDANT
 Mar 7 2023, 09:05:35 PM

bear88 said: "HogansHero said: "When I saw this, my first thought was: Is this the first ever AI-generated post on here?

Read it a couple of times and see what you think.
"

Fair point. But would AI use a word like skizzy? Otherwise, it does seem like a response you might get if you asked, ‘Explain why Andrew Burnap has a good chance of winning a Tony award for playing King Arthur in the Broadway revival of Camelot.’
"

Where is Sherie Rene Scott?
 Mar 6 2023, 11:47:25 AM

TotallyEffed said: "JanMaxwellsBag said: "Sh-K-Boom was folded into Ghostlight Records and I believe is co-owned by Warner Music now, and it doesn’t seem like she’s super involved anymore. Her husband and other Sh-K-Boom co-founder is now Senior VP of Warner/Chappell Publishing, so I imagine someone else is overseeing Ghostlight."

I believe she is divorced.
"

You are correct! Fixed it. 

Mar 6 2023, 11:19:44 AM

Sh-K-Boom was folded into Ghostlight Records and I believe is co-owned by Warner Music now, and it doesn’t seem like she’s super involved anymore. Her former husband and other Sh-K-Boom co-founder is now Senior VP of Warner/Chappell Publishing, so I imagine someone else is overseeing Ghostlight. 

Mar 6 2023, 09:28:24 AM

TotallyEffed said: "She would have been an incredible Elphaba as well. Her voice has an almost otherworldly loveliness to it. Her Cathy is absolutely definitive.

The Witch, Mama Rose, Diana…..
"

I realize you meant Diana from Next to Normal, but my mind immediately was like “oh my god I need to see Sherie punch that mirror” in Diana.

Mar 5 2023, 10:51:04 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "She’s so damn funny offstage too. Her Mermaid backstage interview killed me and years later she appeared on Sierra Boggess’ Phantom vlog and she was still talking about that show like, “what the f*ck was that?” I want her back in the Broadway scene for both her performance and personality."

I used to have that Mermaid video memorized! 

Mar 4 2023, 11:04:46 PM

Sherie is my queen, and probably the hipster choice in the Battle of the Early-Aughts Broadway Stars. She showed up as a judge on the final season of The Good Fight last year and was quite hilarious. I would love it if she got to belt it out again in a musical comedy!

Did anyone get to see her 54 Below show with Norbert Leo Butz? I remember reading that apparently it dealt with tension in their relationship, which seemed interesting. 

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 3 2023, 12:31:17 PM

Unless they write an original character, my money’s on her being the school administrator who says “The girls have gone wild!”

(Is that line even in the musical? I never got to see it live). 

Musicals With Jesus as a Character
 Mar 1 2023, 06:01:21 PM

Hamlet 2.

But seriously, right now Spelling Bee is the only thing that comes to mind. 

Mar 1 2023, 03:07:56 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "JanMaxwellsBag said: "Yessssss. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more Girls5Eva cameos in store (I really wish they had cast Sara Bareilles as Ms. Norbury)."

Maybe Sara B can sing something over the credits if Tina Fey wants to call in that favor...
"

I can only hope. 

Also, between the comments from Richmond about the score and the way they’ve cast the adults (Busy Philli

Mar 1 2023, 02:14:37 PM

Yessssss. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more Girls5Eva cameos in store (I really wish they had cast Sara Bareilles as Ms. Norbury). 

STRANGER THINGS stage play in development
 Mar 1 2023, 06:25:22 AM

Deadline confirms it will be the Phoenix. The play is titled Stranger Things: The First Shadow. 

Honestly I’m not super into stranger things, but I’m always down for a horror play!

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Feb 28 2023, 09:15:09 AM

I love the movie despite its star and director. I think this has amazing potential with the material and could have an impressive design if it makes it to a full production.

Stage Door Gift Ideas
 Feb 26 2023, 05:12:03 PM

There’s been several new posters that joined recently and either posted things that made sense but had glaring details wrong or bumped years old threads, and I can’t help but think it’s someone testing an AI bot. 

EVITA Revival on the way?
 Feb 26 2023, 02:43:00 PM

Ensemble10036 said: "I'm still scarred by the 2005 revival ... though it's been a minute and I probably should get over it. Love him or hate him, it certainly seems to have altered the career path of David Leveaux ..."

The West End revival was in 2006 directed by Michael Grandage. I saw the Broadway version in 2012 and I don’t remember anything particularly notable about the staging, it seemed pretty straightforward. While Evita wasn’t a hit i

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews
 Feb 24 2023, 04:00:20 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The real race this Tony season is between the musical revivals.Kimberlyalready has the Triple Crown in the bag."

Username checking in! As we’ve seen in the past, nothing is in the bag until after the awards. 

Although I would definitely put money on KA winning score. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You