News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for halfhourcheckwithmerman

Member Name: halfhourcheckwithmerman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher
 Apr 26 2024, 12:56:20 PM
thank you!!!!
Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher
 Apr 26 2024, 11:31:19 AM

steve.sometime said: "OMG!!!!!!!! I've listened to that bootleg concert recording of Saint Who for so many times. FINALLY!!!!"

Could you maybe point me in the direction of this bootleg concert recording?

Many thanks :) no worries if not

MARY JANE Reviews
 Apr 23 2024, 09:28:30 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/23/theater/mary-jane-review-rachel-mcadams.html?unlocked_article_code=1.m00.lPrN.cBr_TMIuZn4J&smid=url-share

Green, critic's pick, gift link. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Feb 22 2024, 07:44:34 PM

Gift link: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/22/theater/jellys-last-jam-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Xk0.9McJ.Oux5rOS1fvSu&smid=url-share

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Feb 19 2024, 12:44:28 PM

That article says the show "is expected" to close after Sutton and Aaron leave. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Jan 30 2024, 01:03:18 PM

Titanic cast announcement -- holy COW!

https://www.theatrely.com/post/new-york-city-center-announces-additional-casting-for-encores-titanic

Jan 21 2024, 10:58:34 PM

Does anybody else find the current City Center marketing odd in the lack of Sutton? On their Instagram there's been a video of Jackson and Daniels at the piano, a video of Ghee at the piano, a video of Ghee and Daniels with the orchestra, a rehearsal slideshow with pictures of Harris, Urie, Ghee, Jackson, Daniels, and Jue, and then a video of the ensemble in the sitzprobe where Sutton is sitting down, masked (I know she doesn't sing in that number, though)... is she sick or somet

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Jan 3 2024, 07:48:44 PM

what a scream!

Benefit Concert at Met Opera Celebrating Stephen Schwartz
 Dec 12 2023, 07:23:08 PM

How was the Queen of Versailles number?

New Musical HELL'S KITCHEN, Based on the Life of Alicia Keys, to Premiere This Year
 Dec 7 2023, 12:27:16 AM

Ptero2 said: "Shoshana Bean makes dinner like ten different times over the course of the show."

Not called HELL'S KITCHEN for nothing. 

Poll: Best Broadway Cast Recording of 2023?
 Dec 6 2023, 05:30:51 PM

I wouldn't call it the best of the year, but it's always so striking to me how glorious that Camelot album is, when the show itself was such a disaster (IMO). The music didn't even sound that full in the theater, but it's such a good album. 

Cannibal trio sentenced after cooking flesh into pastries
 Nov 13 2023, 11:42:52 PM
Times is hard.
 Nov 1 2023, 11:45:27 PM

I didn't know that Marin was involved... that's tantalizing.

If people haven't seen her truly, truly fabulous rendition of "Bewitched," here it is. With an excellent arrangement.

Did the "Bewitched" arrangement for Stanley ever get to the sensitive feeling seen here? The video NYCC posted made the song seem very flip and forgettable (somehow). 

Nov 1 2023, 10:08:30 PM

Yes, sung by Brooks Ashmanskas (program says this online, I was not there tonight)

MELISSA ETHERIDGE: MY WINDOW Reviews
 Sep 30 2023, 12:13:24 PM

Here's a gift link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/28/theater/melissa-etheridge-my-window-review.html?unlocked_article_code=vuwTsjVqROayS9kwujreUBLpfOPLdPIZMkYzwYkJiwcZ-BOWIt9NiVlRfE5I4mmPPFCMyV_gRIqUEkPp0tEtGN0sGre5Mh4aWY0xcDoLkqtgpEUdILesdp11aNZQKkuU3eTXWU2jfshuXEgLIYOqWUFiA-ob51weOdQy5lyvMIrtOZyu9oTq30LsLETmjyTRXquqhahHDR2Fs65M4zc3T86Udi_4JrO-86FJ9UKP0cNEkd8KrzajGKZX121kSV4EWtrQnv49sVs_tiQSpxQa462sj7UCk0eDZLgr3flHTcwy618Q4IaFNEXZMHTNsCZMu9JB-zMOIij_DXyHxKcXZSc8AMbh4skhC81StCM&smid=url-share

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed
 Sep 30 2023, 11:47:51 AM

Well put. 

Can't believe I have to wait until December to see this... I don't know if I've ever been more excited for a show.

Thanks to everybody for the wonderful reports -- much appreciated. 

re: Judge's Song in Sweeney Todd
 Sep 28 2023, 05:46:31 PM

[from Mark Horowitz's book of interviews with Sondheim]

MH: Judge Turpin's "Johanna."

SS: This song is often cut.

MH: Yes—which, I understand, is something that upsets you. You feel strongly that it should be kept in the show.

SS: Yes—he's the only character who's not musicalized. If this song isn't in the show, he doesn't have anything to sing that is his alone. All he sings is the duet of "Pretty Women," and

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Sep 19 2023, 10:47:35 AM

The one thing I'd like to change most between off-Bway and Bway is quite superficial -- I thought the whole show was revelatory and the performers brilliant. The show finally made sense to me... I think the sheer likability of Groff helps it quite a deal. 

That being said, the scene in the nightclub in Act II -- where "Bobby and Jackie and Jack" and the reprise of "Not a Day Goes By" are sung -- was put in front of a shiny sparkly curtain that was quite lit

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 31 2023, 10:19:42 AM

What a great cast! Ghee, Pasquale, and Gray, of course, but also Jennifer Laura Thompson, Harriet Harris, Paul Alexander Nolan, Grace McLean, Jessica Molaskey, even 13's Allie Trimm...

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 02:07:14 PM

same here......

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You