News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Jamie Wilinstien

Mr. Jamie Wilinstien Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr. Jamie Wilinstien
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Oprah to host Tonys?
 Dec 9 2005, 11:25:22 AM
"Just because Oprah put up $1 million of her own money to promote TCP doesn't mean she should be considered to host the Tony's. $1 million to her is nothing and she should have given it to a Katrina victim or a wounded soldier instead of self promotion which she is famous for."

Really, is that what she is famous for? Because I could have sworn that she gave $10 million of her own money on top of the the $5 million she encouraged people around the world to donate to Hurricane Katrina vic

re: Best Set You've Ever Seen?
 Dec 2 2005, 02:16:38 AM
Ragtime, the floor in the touring company of Cats has always impressed me... it is detailed and i like it..... oh and the kennedy center's set for Company was pretty inventive
re: Musicals you loved immediately
 Dec 1 2005, 03:55:55 PM
Rent - grabbed the cd in new orleans and fell in love

Hair - the first musical I ever heard. My parents had it on vinyl and I would play it on my cousin's strawberry shortcake record player. Then I bought the OBC cd and I finally saw it last month at my university.

Ragtime - saw it on Rosie, fell in love and almost died in the mezzanine of the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis when I saw it in 9th grade

Songs for a New World - heard Audra's "stars and the moon" rendition and

re: dust and snow on Mark and Roger's window sill--a discussion
 Nov 29 2005, 04:12:58 PM
who knew that the guy from the just can't get enough and mellow yellow gap commercials had HIV/AIDS and went to the same life support metting as "the family"?

also

who knew that blake from so you think you can dance lived in alphabet city and was politically active against benny?

re: Initial opinions on RENT soundtrack
 Sep 27 2005, 01:37:47 AM
Quick question... I just downloaded from itunes.... i'm just on tango: maureen.... actually it is still downloading... but when anyone else downloaded, did they get some other random song too? It all of a sudden started downloding "Every Ship must Sail" by Blue Merle... Just wondering if this happened to anyone else - sorry to threadjack.

by the way... I'm liking it so far... tango is really cool, LMC is a little too different to me... loved RENT though

thanks

First Cast Recording
 Aug 8 2005, 06:03:14 AM
This is my first thread... I have been perusing the boards for a few months and decided to join in. A little about myself: I'm a senior journalism major at The University of Southern Mississippi... My theater experience rest solely in plays in high school (including Ali Hakim in Oklahoma!), national tours at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis (gorgeous theatre, check it out if you are ever in the area.), and watching college production at my school and Ole Miss (since I am from Oxford).

O

re: biggest mistake you've witnessed on stage.
 Aug 6 2005, 12:10:02 AM
So this is my first message ever on the board... i've been looking around for a few months and finally decided to participate... so hello.

I have two "flubs"; one during a show and the other during a technical rehersal:

I was doing a summer workshop at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis and the tour for CATS opened the same week. Well a few cast members came and spoke about life on the road and yada yada yada... well they also offered to give a tour backstage, so a few people took

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You