News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kyle.

kyle. Profile Photo
Member Name: kyle.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is the current Cabaret tour any good?
 Feb 16 2018, 12:42:17 PM

The tour is coming through, anyone seen it recently? Quality Equity tour or cheap non-Eq with a cast full of college age performers? Any opinons /reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Cabaret Matinee - Lunch/Dinner Help?
 Nov 5 2014, 06:17:09 PM
Bourbon Street on 46th between 8th and 9th. Great food and drinks that won't break your wallet.
Live Streaming TONY broadcast?
 Jun 5 2014, 09:15:57 AM
Does anyone know of a website that will be live streaming the Tony broadcast?
Does NY1 live stream the red carpet on their website?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

HEDWIG tickets
 Mar 29 2014, 09:34:57 PM
You could always call the box office and complete your order over the phone?
I was there for rush tonight, over 150 people showed up. 20 tickets were given out.

Tick, Tick...BOOM! Performance Rights Cost?
 Sep 3 2010, 11:03:19 PM
Hey Everyone!

Has anyone produced Tick, Tick...BOOM! lately?

I am putting together a preliminary budget for a producer, and want to include the cost of the rights - but can't seem to find any information online.

I know it depends on the number of seats in the theatre, etc. but I am just looking for a ballpark number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me! :)

Avenue Q and Katie Finneran have a lot in common
 Jun 15 2010, 12:05:33 AM
Anyone else notice this epic technical problem at the Tonys?
Funny Girl, With Sherman Hemsley, Aimed for Broadway Revival
 Jun 12 2010, 02:14:41 PM
Bottom line is that Sher has never stooped to the low that is star casting. And hopefully he won't start with Funny Girl.

There are many girls in their 20s out there with amazing voices/acting ability, who deserve the chance at their big break.

Knowing Sher's roots, I hope that is the route he takes. God Bless Regional Theatre Directors who make it big in New York and keep their theatre values.

re: Patti's catching up to Bernadette
 Sep 14 2009, 05:05:59 PM
Is there anyone else who would rather see Leslie Kritzer tear this role up, rather than see Patti do it again?
re: Patti's catching up to Bernadette
 Sep 14 2009, 04:29:09 PM
Lets hope Lonny keeps on her about diction.

re: What 2 shows for a High School to see?
 Sep 14 2009, 08:58:04 AM
Have you seen the current Off Broadway production of Our Town DramaMama? It is unlike any Our Town that has ever been produced before, and I have sat in the audience when high school groups have been at the show - they are transfixed. Instead of seeing Broadway musicals multiple times, maybe you should see other shows.

re: The MUST SEE play of the season?
 Sep 14 2009, 12:51:41 AM
It is still the best play in New York City.

This season has BARLEY begun.

re: So I Saw HAIR Again...
 Sep 14 2009, 12:26:22 AM
Why didn't I just leave? I saw Act 1, and it was fine (nothing amazing), and during Act 2 I began to snooze.

Did I mean to? NO! Have I ever fallen asleep at any other Broadway show? NO! But did it happen at Hair? YES!

Am I exaggerating? Nope.

re: West Side Story is the Best Show Currently on Broadway
 Sep 14 2009, 12:07:54 AM
Bwaylvsong - I LOVED LOVED LOVED 9 to 5! I am so sad it closed! To me it was a good old fashioned, and modern, book musical with a WONDERFUL cast. And I enjoyed Shrek A LOT! That show has a lot of heart, a good message and a GREAT cast who SELLS the show!

West Side Story was one of the WORST productions of a musical I have EVER seen, anywhere. I LOVELOVEDLOVED Gypsy. I had high hopes for West Side Story - but was let down. It was horrible.

re: So I Saw HAIR Again...
 Sep 13 2009, 11:57:30 PM
I saw the show in July with a bunch of understudies, and I fell asleep for 90% of Act 2.

I would not recommend this show to anyone. Boring.

re: What 2 shows for a High School to see?
 Sep 13 2009, 11:41:11 PM
Musialman - if you want to see a show that you, and none of your student will EVER forget - take them to see OUR TOWN Off Broadway.
You will be able to get tickets for cheaper than any show on Broadway, and it is BETTER than any show on Broadway.

Take them to a Broadway musical, then take them to an amazing play Off Broadway.

"The Best show on NYC - if not America!" - Wall Street Journal

Sep 13 2009, 11:33:42 PM
The Light in the Piazza is my favorite show of all time. I saw Celia Keenan-Bolger play the role of Clara 15 times, and I will ALWAYS think she was the best choice for the role - and was better than Kelli. (Kelli was AMAZING as Franca in the Seattle and Chicago productions)

With that being said, there were NO notes in the score of Piazza that Kelli "barely hit". That statement is laughable. As is your statement that WSS is the best show currently on Broadway.

If you want to see

re: Evolution of New Ragtime Poster Art
 Sep 13 2009, 11:06:45 PM
If I knew nothing about the show, the current art wouldn't make me feel like I need to see the show. For whatever reason #3 grabs me and pulls me in.

I'm just happy this modern masterpiece is coming back to Broadway. May it have a long, long, long run!

Sep 13 2009, 06:01:47 PM
I actually saw Hydzik play Tony. Cavenaugh was out the night I saw it, which I was very grateful for. I do not care for his voice or acting style in the least. He was in the same in Grey Gardens as he was in A Catered Affair as he is in West Side Story. The new cast recording makes my ears bleed. Give me the OCR any day of the week.
re: Favorite Roundabout Production
 Sep 13 2009, 05:57:43 PM
Cabaret, Sunday in the Park
Evolution of New Ragtime Poster Art
 Sep 13 2009, 05:41:19 PM
I am very grateful the Times did this. I LOVE stuff like this. So interesting.

I personally like the 3rd poster that they show the best. I love the center image with the woman, and would have loved to have seen it with production photos in the background.

What does everyone else think? Which is your favorite and why?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You