News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thephantomlurker

Member Name: thephantomlurker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA announcement teased for next week
 Mar 16 2024, 09:19:41 AM

Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp. I think the songs sound like bops, and these out of context filmed segments rarely deliver a sense of the whole picture. I’m reserving judgement until I see a preview in a couple weeks. 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews
 Mar 11 2024, 08:58:36 AM

Caught the matinee yesterday and truly do not understand the bad cinderella references. My expectations were for a flop and I was pleasantly surprised and at times wickedly entertained. Everyone complaining about the puppets...despite the title, the elephant and animal puppets barely factor into the story, it's more of a macguffin than anything else. I thought the aesthetic fit the depression-era circus story quite well. 

I very much enjoyed the design, especially th

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 10 2024, 08:02:38 PM

does anyone know if Hadestown is eligible? They got blanked at the National five years ago...I'm not sure what the rules are for re-opening on the west end.

What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
 Dec 16 2023, 09:50:34 AM

Well this has been quite the read.

But yes, OhHi is correct - it's Papermill Gatsby (and as an "insider," I'm as shocked as the rest of you).

Jordan - I think your source is wrong, for the reasons enumerated above (plus they have a hard enough time as it is getting anyone to take that monstrosity of a theater). I wouldn't be surprised if the SHUBERTS offered split the cost of the restoration, but I cannot imagine they're making the next show pay for it.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews
 Nov 29 2023, 01:38:50 PM

Bill Snibson said: "Impressive that you noticed lighting cue changes but have they made any significant cuts or changes to the book/score?"

According to friends who've seen it (and posters in this thread), they've cut over 15 minutes since first preview.

SUFFS is coming to Broadway
 Sep 18 2023, 06:58:18 AM

someone I trust told me this show is going into a house that usually does plays with 1000 seats- that says Golden to me, though I also heard the shuberts said no musicals ever again in there

Water for Elephants at the Alliance Theatre - Has Anyone Seen?
 Sep 5 2023, 02:10:50 PM

Voter said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Their new ads up on Facebook today all say it’s coming to Broadway so I’m guessing an official announcement is imminent."

The ad has been reposted without the Spring 2024 date. If I had to guess, they still don’t have a theater and were using the logo to drum up hype. Just my guess. It’s back on FB
"

They have a theater and an announcement is imminent. 

What's Next for the Imperial?
 Aug 5 2023, 01:10:41 PM

Something that’s been relatively off the radar on this board but had a fairly well received OOT. I don’t think it’s super secret but my source is still under embargo tho :)

What's Next for the Imperial?
 Aug 5 2023, 12:43:36 PM

Not sure if it’s still coming, but it won’t be the Imperial. Something else has it booked. Announcing soon. 

Whatever became of?..,
 Aug 4 2023, 09:01:22 AM

Outsiders is coming in this spring

Empty Broadway Houses Summer 2023 Edition
 Jul 27 2023, 01:33:44 PM

Lempicka was never going to the Kerr. The Kerr is too small. The fate of Lempicka seems to be up in there air atm.

The Wiz is not going to the Majestic. The Wiz will likely take the Lunt after Sweeney closes later this year.

If Days of Wine and Roses transfers look for it to be the Lyceum.

Jul 23 2023, 10:09:59 PM

ACL2006 said: "Kennedy Center's SPAMALOT is going into a Shubert house."

This is not what I’ve heard (from an extremely reliable source-not sweaty oracle) but I could be wrong.

Jul 23 2023, 07:57:20 PM

nybkg609 said: "After next Sunday, The St. James Theatre will be available. NY, NY has just posted its closing notice.

"

They already have their next tenant lined up; I’d expect an announcement soonish. 

Jul 12 2023, 10:49:46 AM

jkcohen626 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "The principals are all leaving, and audiences are thinning out. Say goodbye."

Also, the "audiences are thinning?" They might be paying less than a couple years ago, but the show still fills up every night.
"

Literally the only thing that matters is: are the grosses higher than the expenses. As long as that remains the case, the show stays open. The second

Jul 8 2023, 08:05:47 AM

Wiz will be taking the Lunt after Sweeney wraps up (my guess is in January)

“Monty Python's Spamalot” is coming to Broadway?
 Jun 29 2023, 04:04:21 PM

If what I’ve heard is true, the theater this is moving to is not particularly small, nor is it vacant. 

2023-2024 Broadway Season
 Jun 13 2023, 03:47:56 PM

Rumors say Cabaret to the August Wilson, but with quite a bit of renovation required. Not sure it'll happen in time for 23-24. 

Goddess also looking to come in, possibly in the spring. If Lempicka does indeed make the move, Amber Iman might have a tough decision to make. 

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting
 Feb 2 2023, 09:12:14 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "Kelley Dorney is playing cholera? Umm…"

Yeah...this is....interesting

https://playbill.com/article/get-an-exclusive-sneak-peek-at-the-designs-for-broadway-aimed-the-secret-garden-revival

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You