News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for A Justified Bean

A Justified Bean Profile Photo
Member Name: A Justified Bean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 16 2024, 11:33:16 AM

I believe that only Ragtime tickets are on sale today.  Subscription renewals are open until June 28th, and then new subscriptions open on Aug 6.  Single tickets for Encores go on sale in early October (1st for members, 8th for non-members).

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 16 2024, 10:29:15 AM

I thought I couldn't be any more excited to hear Joshua Henry's Coalhouse, and then I found this from the 2023 Broadway Cruise:

Joshua Henry Wheels of a Dream

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Feb 20 2024, 09:14:54 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Could someone explain to me what this show is trying to say? I’ve seen lots of comments about how powerful and meaningful it is, but not actually what was so powerful and meaningful.And since it really failed to resonate with me in any way, I’m genuinely curious what someone who appreciates it would say they got out of it."

I saw this at the Atlantic, and I really liked it (interesting score, well acted and sung).  I also foun

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Feb 15 2024, 08:54:59 AM

Playbill posted some other clips on IG too. Very excited for this!

Joaquina Kalukango singing “Play The Music For Me”

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza
 Feb 14 2024, 10:24:37 AM

gibsons2 said: "I don't think you know what "genocide" means. But thats a different discussion. And the conversation here is about BCEFA approving grants forcauses that are not in line withtheir mission statement."

Genocide (noun):
The deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Over a million innocent people have been corralled into a space&

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
 Feb 12 2024, 02:58:51 PM

verywellthensigh said: "People have every right to criticize public figures, especially when they go out of their way to appropriate other cultures/races.

I'm sorry...Wicked is appropriating what?
"

I'm not talking about the show. I'm talking about comments related to Arianna Grande's casting and people being surprised she's white.  This comment was directly in response to

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser
 Feb 12 2024, 01:01:19 PM

Peter Barker said: "It was only a teaser and already this has turned into another In The Heights colorism/Dear Evan Hansen ageism discussion.

It really is sad.
"

People have every right to criticize public figures, especially when they go out of their way to appropriate other cultures/races.  A trailer is meant to give a first look/impression of a film.  This is everyone's reaction to that first look.  

IMO people were right t

APPROPRIATE Reviews
 Feb 1 2024, 11:44:58 AM

djoko84 said: "I think it's the best play I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm curious how people interpret the ending with the house. I'm guessing you'll have to put a spoiler warning, but I'd like to read what people think."

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

I thought the lighting and set designers did a grea

APPROPRIATE Previews
 Dec 20 2023, 08:18:19 AM

LCT's UNCLE VANYA will star Steve Carell, Alison Pill, William Jackson Harper, Alfred Molina and Anika Noni Rose
 Nov 14 2023, 12:04:42 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "this should be the logo:

That's a whole collection of acting styles. Hopefully Lila can get everyone on the same page for some theatre magic.
"

If this was their window card I'd buy three.

Q
 Nov 6 2023, 08:43:51 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered - I was combing through the thread and didn't see it -

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Did anyone catch what it was Marianne was supposed to do today?

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Nov 1 2023, 09:36:14 AM

Was anyone at the invited dress last night for Pal Joey?

Broadway Flash, the access code is ACC2324.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 19 2023, 01:50:09 PM

Would it be ridiculous to hope for Hannah Waddingham?  She was in Into the Woods, but I don't know if one production makes her a 'vet'.

Oct 17 2023, 03:36:09 PM

mbusani14 said: "Does anyone know if Access25 tickets have gone on sale yet?"

The code wasn't working today - the person I spoke to at the box office last week said that they consider the access tickets to be like rush, and they didn't seem to expect that the code would work until closer to the show dates.  It works for Pal Joey tickets, though.

Oct 17 2023, 09:18:51 AM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel said: "Anyone happen to know what time general sale kicks off tomorrow? All I'm seeing is the 17th but nothing about the time."

The member sale started at noon last Tuesday - I expect it will be the same for the general sale.

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale
 Oct 11 2023, 09:30:43 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "https://www.show-score.com/off-broadway-shows/i-can-get-it-for-you-wholesale"

Thank you!!

Oct 11 2023, 09:03:47 AM

Was anyone there last night for the first preview?

Patrick Page To Depart HADESTOWN On December 30, 2022
 Jul 27 2023, 11:17:49 AM

Tony Nominee Patrick Page to Perform Shakespeare Mashup All the Devils Are Here Off-Broadway

https://www.playbill.com/article/tony-nominee-patrick-page-to-perform-shakespeare-mashup-all-the-devils-are-here-off-broadway

Patrick Page To Depart HADESTOWN On December 30, 2022
 Jul 25 2023, 01:26:12 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Patrick Page posted something about an hour ago saying he’s got an announcement coming on Thursday. He tagged Hadestown. Could he be returning to Hades in the West End?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvH9k0XudFF/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
"

I've noticed he tags Hadestown on a lot of his posts, as well as the other companies/productions he's been with recently.  It might be totally unrelated.

Jul 20 2023, 01:09:18 PM

Thank you for the info Sutton! I do have a specific date/time constraint, so maybe the membership is worth it.  The discount on the ticket almost makes it a wash anyways, so it'll be good for peace of mind.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You