News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for loridunn

loridunn Profile Photo
Member Name: loridunn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/loridunn
Blog Address: http://blog.myspace.com/loridunn

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 13 the Musical, reviews, comments, concerns
 Jan 14 2007, 02:13:24 AM
That's not to say that everybody in that range agrees with what I said. It just seemed like the common feeling from what I saw. Who knows, I could be wrong. It just really seemed like everyone other than that age enjoyed it much more than we did. I like those tv shows too, just not to terribly impressed by 13.
 Jan 12 2007, 02:16:05 PM
20's. Most 20-30's patrons didn't seem enjoy it as much as the older and younger audience members did. My assumptions of my age range are simply from looking around the theatre and seeing the xpressions on others faces. The elder audience members seemed to light up with excitement just as the younger ones did. I must say that when the lead actor went into the audience to interact with them the man he layed down on just about lost it. He obviously was having on of the best times he'd ever had. Ju
 Jan 12 2007, 12:05:55 PM
Yes pre-teens would love it. They'd definately be with the greater part of teh audience enjoying it. But I still stick with what I said. It's very redundant. It's like how a lot of jukebox musicals got popular. Some of them have good catches but they're all very similar. Yes JRB has some good songs and I enjoyed a few but overall it was just the same 'ol thing. All of the adults around me enjoyed it as well, like I said, but that didn't mean that my age demographic did. When I looked around the
13 the Musical, reviews, comments, concerns
 Jan 11 2007, 04:32:59 AM
13 is composer Jason Robert Brown's newest musical. It is playing in LA at the Mark Taper Forum. I enjoy his work. I really get hooked to most of it and have the cast recording on repeat, but this one will not even be near my "To Buy" list. Yet if you are 13 or under or 50 and older you will possibly have a great time. Everyone in the theatre in those age brackets were living it up, so maybe you would too.

The show is simple enough. Jewish boy moves from NY to Indiana? because of his

re: REVIEW - The Light in the Piazza Tour 11/8
 Dec 7 2006, 03:39:42 AM
I have been to the Ahmanson twice to see the show and my first opinions simply grew stronger.

Christine Andreas (Margaret) I liked what she did with the part but at times it felt forced. I also had a problem with her vibratto at some points. However her performance was great. Her greatest moment in the show was the bows. After the entire cast has come out she makes her grand entrance and courtsey's to the floor with her hand on her heart. So diva, so fabulous, it was amazing.

re: Flops you love
 Oct 6 2006, 04:01:50 AM
Anyone Can Whistle - I love it
re: FINALLY - Broadway Wall Calanders for 2007
 Sep 18 2006, 02:53:32 AM
Thank-you so much for posting this. I have never seen any like this either, I'm so happy now. Thanks.
re: Chenoweth to Star in Roundabout The Apple Tree
 Sep 14 2006, 12:39:08 AM
That's such exciting news. I will definately be getting tickets for this in January. I wonder if a press release will be out soon.
re: Adult Film Star Spencer Quest Joins Naked Boys Singing!
 Sep 13 2006, 10:27:29 PM
Phantom2 that made my night.
re: Pepperdine University's 'Wicked' review
 Sep 13 2006, 10:21:10 PM
I agree with Miss Elphie. I love to go to the theatre and have a challenging piece of art to delve into. I love thinking all the way through a show and usually have a great satisfaction by the curtain call. Yet every now and then something light and put together may be just what I'm looking for. Of course, just like Miss Elphie I too saw Snakes on a Plane and I loved it. So I guess to this reviewer my opinion doesn't hold as well.
re: DRS Tour Stagedooring
 Sep 4 2006, 03:19:08 AM
I stagedoored at OCPAC and luckily I got to see Norbert. He rushed out pretty quickly and right after I took my picture he was gone. He definately was in a rush but he still signed and took photos with anyone who asked. If I didn't rush to the door I definately would've missed him, so make sure you get there quickly.
re: That Darn Hedy Weiss.....
 Aug 31 2006, 03:04:22 PM
After reading these articles I was looking around for any other reviews that Hedy has made that were out of line. I stumbled upon her review of Caroline or Change.
http://www.jewish-theatre.com/visitor/article_display.aspx?articleID=691
I cannot believe that she got away with this review and is still employed. That is so offensive and she never apologize for offending Mr. Kushner. I definately agree taht she should be canned, theatre reviewers need better etiquette than what Hedy is showing.

SF Chronicle: 'so good it's good'
 Aug 23 2006, 10:47:12 PM
I have been waiting so long to see this movie and it was definately worth it. I knew it wouldn't be Oscar-worthy but I didn't care I fell into the internet hype and I even sent my friends the voicemail. It was awesome. I had such a great time There were only 4 other people in the theatre with my friends and I, but we still acted like there were hundreds of screaming hyped up college kids. We're going again and we will have a group of about 20 with us, I can't wait!!!

Oh yeah and you can

re: If you could have any one thing from a show...
 Jul 23 2006, 05:59:22 PM
Sweeney's razor - Sweeney Todd
Man In Chair's Chair - Drowsy Chaperone
Guitar - All Shook Up
Pillow & Knife - See What I Wanna See
basically anything to make my apartment random with musical items

re: RENT in LA
 Jul 21 2006, 07:10:43 AM
I also saw the show tonight(7-20-06) and I loved Joanne. Her voice was lovely, the straight acting was a little weak but hey it's Rent it's mostly song anyways. I also teared up during I'll Cover You (reprise). Collins was so touching, plus the music just fills up the theatre so beautifully. I was definately not a fan of Mimi. Everytime she came out I would realize that it was time for her next song and I was hoping it'd be sped up.

I liked the production but there were some sound probl

re: Broadway actors who you wish had solo albums
 Jul 9 2006, 07:28:31 PM
Norbert Leo Butz

Sutton Foster

re: The A-Z broadway game
 Jun 30 2006, 01:32:38 PM
Victor/Victoria
re: My review of the Les Miz tour at the Pantages (6/9/2006)
 Jun 10 2006, 04:26:51 AM
Hey I was there tonight as well. (6-9-2006)

The second act Cosette was Ali Ewoldt. I loved her. This show was amazing. Valjean, Eponine, and Javert were definately the stand-out performances of the night. Valjean's voice was so pure and full that I fell in love with his voice the second he opened his mouth. I agree with all of your "amazing" comments. I thoroughly enjoyed this production. What a talented cast.

re: Burnham as Fabrizio on Mother's Day...
 May 15 2006, 01:27:21 PM
I can also guarantee that Burnham does not have a crush on his Clara's.

Though it would make for a rather interesting story.

re: Kristin Chenoweth to sing opening day at Dodger Stadium
 Mar 30 2006, 08:04:02 PM
I just clicked on the link and the press release is from July 22, 2005. So apparently she sang the national anthem last year on the 30th of July. Also this year the 30th is a Saturday. But I was really excited there for a little bit.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You