News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gesualdo

Member Name: Gesualdo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Aug 4 2024, 09:19:30 PM

From a musical perspective, West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein is a masterpiece because of the musical unity throughout the entire score.  This musical exhibits the best elements that all musicals contain, and it has become a classic in the musical theater repertoire. 

Front Money Investors for a new musical
 Aug 4 2024, 09:13:46 PM

To answer some suspicions from my previous posts, I don't work for any broadway affiliated organization who is doing research using this forum.  I am simply a composer with a new musical which had a stage reading last year at the Theater555 in NYC.  Since I saw that the community in this forum is very savvy with all things Broadway, I decided to explore and learn from the distinguish members here.  

I am open answering any questions about myself and my new

What's Going On?
 Jan 12 2024, 01:48:35 PM

Hi theatrical folks, I'm really grateful to ready all the comments on my post.  Rest assured that I am not in "cahoots" with the Harmony musical organization at the Davenport Productions; I'm only an inquisitive composer seeking information from the seasoned theatrical connoisseurs on this wonderful forum. I have learned a lot from the comments here and from other threads. 

My reason for coming to this forum is that I composed the music for a musical, produc

What's Going On?
 Jan 9 2024, 08:34:02 PM

annang said: "Gesualdo said: "I thought that the reputation of Barry Manilow by itself would have propelled the musical Harmony into instant success similar to what they do when casting a Hollywood movie with recognized star actors."

Part of the problem is that the people who want to see a Barry Manilow show are disappointed to learn it's not a jukebox musical of songs they already know. When I saw it, the couple sitting behind me apparently didn'

What's Going On?
 Jan 4 2024, 04:19:24 PM

Hi, I actually like the elaborate maze of thoughts; it's a way of putting light on this subject. 

What's Going On?
 Jan 4 2024, 04:12:55 PM

Hi,

Thank you for welcoming me to the BWW forum.  

I am really interested in learning from people here that are connoisseurs of theatrical works because I'm involved in the creative side, so it's important to me to listen to the audience opinion and get out of my own perspective.   

What's Going On?
 Jan 3 2024, 12:58:47 PM

Expressing an opinion is your right.  That's how we learn from each other.  I have learned a lot of new concepts from your detailed explanations.  So I appreciate your sharing of your experiences and ideas. 

What's Going On?
 Jan 3 2024, 02:12:20 AM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "This is one of my favorite subject lines I have ever seen

I think it's mostly that reviews tear the show up for structural issues

There's a great score, a great story, and a whole lot of great performances, but sadly there is not a great show

And it's in a sea of shows with similar messages

It's horribly sad because of how many years of work went into it and how good a lot of the material is

What's Going On?
 Jan 3 2024, 02:00:13 AM

Why do you believe this show is not good? 

What's Going On?
 Jan 3 2024, 01:58:31 AM

I thought that the reputation of Barry Manilow by itself would have propelled the musical Harmony into instant success similar to what they do when casting a Hollywood movie with recognized star actors.  

So is it naive of me to believe that Ken Davenport's investors where following this "yellow brick road" to an imagined success? 

What's Going On?
 Jan 3 2024, 01:51:58 AM

Your concept of "great story" but "bad book" is well taken.  I never considered this idea before you so eloquently described it.  I imagine that a good book has elements that this "bad book" lacks.  Perhaps, "good" books exhibit "goodness" --that is to say, "good" in the objective domain because the objective domain leads into the subjective response of musicals in general.  What do you suggest are the objective e

What's Going On?
 Jan 2 2024, 07:32:11 PM

Okay.  I am new here on this forum, and I didn't know about that thread.  From now on, I will look for a thread.  I appreciate your help.  

What's Going On?
 Jan 2 2024, 06:51:32 PM

Hi, Thank you for your message. At the risk of sounding naive, can you go into deeper detail why you think "the show is not good"? I would very much appreciate your erudite response. 

What's Going On?
 Jan 2 2024, 06:44:37 PM

I am really perplexed that the musical Harmony is not achieving a higher %CAP than its current statistics here on Broadway World.  Does anyone have some insights on this situation?  

Thank you. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You