News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bongoboy

bongoboy Profile Photo
Member Name: bongoboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Jacques Brel likely to be recorded?  Feb 26 2006, 01:43:37 AM
my guess is it is too early to say, but it would be GREAT wouldn't it?
WXRT Flashback Weekend on Now!  Feb 25 2006, 11:41:44 AM
oh man!!!!! it's not a mutant thread any more...WHY??? anyhoo...happiness is WXRT chicago flashback weekend.

re: 'In My Life really offers people a chance to laugh and to cry…and it's  Oct 29 2005, 10:15:20 PM
CATS was just a huge disappointment...I heard SO much about it and couldn't wait to see it in chi-town...then did...and was totally mortified. I hope I have a chance to see 'In My Life'...not as a chance to 'gloat' over the failure, but a chance to judge for myself. If it lasts until December, I'll see it.
re: 'In My Life really offers people a chance to laugh and to cry…and it's  Oct 29 2005, 10:03:38 PM

re: 'In My Life really offers people a chance to laugh and to cry…and it's  Oct 29 2005, 10:03:35 PM
ANYTHING is better than cats.
re: Would You go see Liza in 'Gypsy'?  Oct 16 2005, 02:08:52 AM
There is no way Liza can top Joyce DeWitt at the Buck's County Playhouse...so no.
re: The first international production of 'Spelling Bee'  Sep 28 2005, 11:47:23 AM
i loved, loved LOVED Magda in Kath & Kim which was on Trio (still may be). Direct TV axed Trio, though, the bastards.
'one idiot, one apology'  Jul 26 2005, 08:25:57 AM

re: Rath's FIDDLER Review  Feb 19 2005, 10:06:56 AM
So the overall consensus is pretty good...not great? We saw it early and I was not thrilled to be there and ended up LOVING it.
re: Irene Ryan Competition  Oct 28 2004, 06:40:18 PM
Whim,
I'm sure you know, but for those who don't. You are talking about the individual play competition, where a school submits a production to compete as whole. The Irene Ryan's are for actors who are nominated and then compete individually.
Rgds,
Bongo

re: Irene Ryan Competition  Oct 28 2004, 06:29:08 PM
Flowery,

Those new rules sound great!!! Don't sweat it. I've got some advice...

Pick scenes that are suited to YOU...then pick your partner. It is better to pick a partner that is right for your scene, than say, your best friend.

Work hard on the scenes and monologue, but have fun. There's nothing worse than being unsure of yourself in an audtion.

Make sure you have either other students or even better teachers/mentors watch and critique your work before y

re: Name That Show  Jul 7 2004, 11:22:37 AM
Let my people come.
re: Jane Eyre?  May 23 2004, 11:51:51 PM
I'm a lover of Jane Eyre as well. I cried like a baby when I saw it. It is one of my favorite books of all time and I did NOT feel as if the musical short changed it. Certainly any movie or play/musical can not capture the brilliance of the novel but the musical is brilliant in it's own way. I haven't listened to the whole album recently but we do listen to a mix cd that has several of our favorite songs from the show on it.
re: re: BUG  Mar 22 2004, 04:29:28 PM
No tix...yet, but I will get them soon. I'm also a big fan of Killer Joe. I saw the original in Chicago.
re: re: re: re: re: re: ...and the Oscar for Best Actresss goes to.....  Dec 31 2003, 09:12:10 AM
auggie,

i love terri white...both the singer/actress and bartender, though i haven't seen her in years. she once got my friend and me so lit on maker's mark at rose's turn, that we were handing out 20 dollar tips to all the cocktail waitress/singers even though we were at the bar. never was the trip up (or crawl up in this case) to my hell's kitchen 5th floor walk up apartment so long.

good times.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: why the need.....  Dec 19 2003, 11:51:37 AM
so people are being lazy not visiting other theatre sites while they're (we're) being lazy sitting at our computers avoiding work we should be doing? don't think so. this excellent site is a broadway hub. we have a chat, news, who's who and a ton of other great stuff. no one is going to like everything. i love finding the news here from other sites.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Taboo on Queer Eye  Nov 26 2003, 02:01:16 PM
BW11--check out the synopsis of the episode on nbc.com
re: re: re: Taboo on Queer Eye  Nov 26 2003, 01:44:53 PM
Tonight at 8:00 PM EST
re: Taboo on Queer Eye  Nov 26 2003, 09:50:52 AM
If she did...so what? It's her job to promote the show.
re: re: re: re: Taboo 50.5% last week...  Nov 25 2003, 01:58:49 PM
I saw it last Sunday afternoon and LOVED it. There were many empty seats, though...especially in the balcony.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You