News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JonnyV

JonnyV Profile Photo
Member Name: JonnyV
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re:
 Oct 18 2006, 02:41:50 PM
The Baby.
re: Are there any pop stars you WOULD like to see in Bway show?
 Oct 18 2006, 02:40:49 PM
Jim Belushi as Glinda.
re: Chenoweth on Comedy Central tonight
 Oct 18 2006, 02:37:47 PM
That's AWESOME... do you think Jerry Falwell will introduce her... oh wait... that's right... she didn't know the 700 Club was homophobic!! Seriously, you people will support anyone.
re: the show that got you hooked
 Mar 6 2006, 09:00:46 PM
Jesus Christ Superstar in Dayton Ohio with the original Movie Cast... in a basketball auditorium... and there was a fire backstage so guys had to run onto the stage with fire extinguishers... but dang if it wasn't the most powerful thing that had happened to me up to that point in life.
re: Evita National Tour - Don't Waste Your Time or Money
 Nov 21 2005, 04:01:57 PM
I was so bored by this production that I about fell asleep. Please, please, please - someone find a way to restage this thing in a clever way... if I see that cheesy Shiny "goodnight and thank you" door that shakes and looks cheap when it spins in one more tour, I'm gonna Fall Out!!
All Things Sondheim
 Nov 21 2005, 04:00:01 PM
That's very interesting. I read an interview with Joss Whedon, and he said that while writing Buffy the Musical, he kept referring to Passions because it's his very favorite Sondheim Musical. I'm ashamed to say that I bought the box set of DVDs with the Sweeney concert version... and have watched all the films EXCEPT Passions (because the plot sounds so danged boring)... and I've owned the thing for a year (for shame, for shame)!
re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
 Oct 30 2005, 03:53:13 PM
.... says someone who obviously LIVES in NEW YORK... and can afford to see EVERYTHING. For God's Sake... We (in the hinterlands) UNDERSTAND that live and recorded are different. If I know I love a play or musical, I will seek it out live... Just Look What the Phantom movie did for tickets. But... like SO MANY new yorkers, your opinion is very "Let them eat cake."
re: FULL LENGTH video of Out Tonight from VH1
 Oct 24 2005, 08:02:23 PM
I read that they're gonna incorporate a Gay Marriage into the movie... and I know that's got to be the engagement scene where Idina puts the ring on her girlfriend!! Woo Hoo... go marryin' gays! Let's scare us a few more rednecks! Only 3 more years of Georgie W. to go!!
re: New RENT poster...hm...
 Oct 19 2005, 08:33:40 PM
It looks like it was designed by someone's dad trying to be "cool."
re: What happens to Shelby in STEEL MAGNOLIAS? (Possible spoilers)
 Oct 16 2005, 08:02:13 PM
It's based on the death of the writer's sister. Not sure of the exact cause of death, though.
re: Your favorite anti-hero characters from musicals
 Oct 14 2005, 07:55:57 AM
Freddie in Chess.
re: MOST DISAPPOINTING SHOW(S) THAT WAS HAILED BY THE CRITICS AS GREAT
 Oct 14 2005, 07:55:15 AM
It's a three-way tie for me: Miss Saigon, Hairspray, Aida.
re: Most Unique Musical You've Ever Seen?
 Oct 14 2005, 07:53:19 AM
Hedwig and The Angry Inch... I trudged all over through the snow to find the thing... was scared out of my mind descending into that rat-trap basement to see it... and then had my mind blown by the show.
re: Evita Tour
 Oct 12 2005, 08:06:42 PM
Chicago... last year in November.
re: BC/EFA Chess concert
 Oct 12 2005, 08:03:01 PM
Plus, there was the (usually) awesome scene of Freddie walking in at the end of Mountain Duet... and Adam Pascal totally screwed up the timing and messed up the entire orchestra- which had to actually STOP playing in order to give him time to finish his part. Did he even Show Up to rehearsals?
 Oct 11 2005, 07:58:34 PM
Agreed. I think Adam could have nailed it... but I got the impression that he phoned the whole performance in.
 Oct 11 2005, 07:56:44 PM
There's a bootleg dvd out there. It's alright, but wish the actors would have studied their lines a bit better... do you hear me Adam Pascal?!
re: Sutton in Carrie the Musical
 Oct 11 2005, 07:55:29 PM
Oh no you didn't... they looked like aging prostitutes in some B Grade p*rno.
re: Evita Tour
 Oct 11 2005, 07:53:04 PM
Believe it or not, I saw him fall off the stage in Chicago. At the very beginning, he slid across the stage as he sang "instead of government, we had a stage, instead of ideas, a prima donna's rage..." Plop... right into the orchestra pit.
He was okay... but the audience was confused... Show REALLY needs updating... it's almost boring.

re: Our new Sweeney Todd...
 Oct 10 2005, 08:22:20 AM
Yea... but I sorta feel like that's the look she's always been going for.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You