News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LilysEye

LilysEye Profile Photo
Member Name: LilysEye
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's your favorite Jason Robert Brown song?
 Dec 12 2005, 09:45:01 AM
Everything JRB writes is amazing.

I can't believe only one other person mentioned each of my favourites:

Dreaming, Wide Awake & Letting You Go
(the latter is brilliant in it's build; the former is just plain genius - why hasn't he finished that civil war musical he was going to use that in?? c'mon, JRB, throw us a bone! It's been far too long since his last show)

I would also like to hear about his contribution to "Long Day's Journey Into Night," so who's got th

re: BEST Musicals that DIDN'T win Best Musical
 Nov 9 2005, 05:51:06 PM
Parade, hands down.

How does a musical win best book and best score but not best musical?? It still boggles my mind.

re: Worst Worst Musical
 Nov 9 2005, 05:25:09 PM
For those of you who scream 'Brooklyn'! in response to this question, I have just one comment (and this is for you, bare-nakedlady):

Though it's one of the worst musicals I've ever seen, it also had some of the *very* best performances I have ever witnessed. So, props to the Brooklyn cast! May you all obtain much, much better work in the future :)

And, c'mon guys, there's so much trash out there, it's ridiculous:

Miss Saigon
Phantom of the Opera
Thoroughly Mo

re: Last Five Years: Who's Fault?
 Oct 4 2005, 09:53:12 AM
For those of you who side with one or the other, I've got to ask: have you seen the show? Just listening to the cast recording will not give you the full picture.

I saw the show in Chicago (before it went off-b'way) and although Jamie is an adulterous jerk (god love Norbert), Cathy is neurotic and clinging - and because of this you sympathize much more with Jamie than you think you would (who wants to admit that they sympathize with a cheater?). To get the full effect of these two c

re: Parade: Thoughts on the show and its ending...?
 Oct 3 2005, 05:04:54 PM
When I was first introduced to the show, I researched it like crazy because I loved it so much. From what I remember: JRB leaves you believing in Leo's innocence because he *was* innocent. The actual murderer confessed his guilt on his deathbed - years after Leo was killed.
re: No Way To Treat a Lady
 Oct 3 2005, 04:59:00 PM
Yeah, "bare_naked," let us know....

(so this is what you do all day at work!)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You