News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Musicals101

Musicals101 Profile Photo
Member Name: Musicals101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jodi Benson
 Oct 7 2006, 02:25:36 AM
I love Jodi Benson. Her voice is really unique and very beautiful. Her rendition of Part of Your Wold is definitive. Like Judy Garland's Over the Rainbow, no one else can top Jodi's Part of Your World.
re: Wicked: Movie Musical?
 Feb 22 2006, 12:20:50 AM
I think it would make a great musical. I think Reese Witherspoon would make a good Glinda and I really think they should cast Idina. The material of Rent didn't have enough mainstream appeal, but Wicked is a fantasy like Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia. You could get away with casting stage divas because it won't have to rely on stars to sell the movie.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Feb 11 2006, 04:30:15 PM
Sondheim writes wonderful lyrics but not so great melodies.
Into The Woods is more entertaining than Sweeney Todd
Audra McDonald's voice bores me
Sutton Foster, when belting, sounds very nasally to me
Matthew Broderick should never be allowed to be in a musical ever again.
Kristin Chenoweth's speaking and belting singing voice make me want to scratch out my eardrums with knitting needles
Lea Salonga is the best Eponine
Idina Menzel's voice is unlike anything I

Best Love Scene In A Musical
 Dec 9 2005, 03:04:16 PM
Don't know if this has been asked before, but what are the best love scenes from a musical? This would include song, setting, and chemistry I suppose. Movie musicals are included too.

"Something Good" from "The Sound of Music"
Gene(Kelly) and Debbie(Debbie Reynolds) doing "You Were Meant For Me" in Singin' In The Rain.
Somewhere from West Side Story (Movie and Stage)
"As Long As You're Mine" from Wicked. (If it's Taye and Idina, that is some serious chemistry. Obviously) <

re: Songs about protecting someone
 Nov 17 2005, 09:23:19 AM
I should have been more specific. Songs about protecting lovers, not children. Also, what is "Someone to Fall Back On" from.
Songs about protecting someone
 Nov 17 2005, 12:43:50 AM
What are some good songs about being there for someone or protecting someone. So far I have

Not While I'm Around (Sweeney Todd)
No Matter What (Whistle Down The Wind)
All I Ask of You (POTO)
The Last Night of The World (Miss Saigon)

re: Cast of RENT: Adorable [Today Show]
 Nov 16 2005, 09:28:13 PM
I think that was one of the best apperances yet. The interviews were very nicely spaced out, and Tracie finally got one. That made me really happy because she was really cute. Did anyone see when the cast was signing autographs that Taye had his hand on Idina's back the entire time. It was so cute.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 11 2005, 05:50:12 PM
Kristin Chenoweth comes off as very annoying. In interviews, she seems stuck up.
Phantom of the Opera is overrated, as is Cats.
Adam Pascal does not sound good when he sings high notes.

re: See What I Wanna See Reviews
 Nov 1 2005, 08:20:50 PM
If you read the review of the show at Broadway.com, they have a video that shows clips from the show. This is different from the opening night video. I didn't see anyone post about this yet, but it's really cool.
What are some good songs about Forbidden Relationships?
 Oct 23 2005, 11:49:47 PM
Hi, I am looking for some Broadway songs about forbidden relationships and or overcoming obstacles in a relationship. Metaphorical or Literal
This is my list so far.
No Matter What-Whistle Down The Wind
The Last Night of The World-Miss Saigon
Written In The Stars-Aida

re: Most stunning broadway star
 Oct 20 2005, 03:36:08 PM
Girls
Idina Menzel(one word, Yowza!)
Kristin Chenoweth(very cute)
Audra McDonald(Gorgeous)

Guys
Hugh Jackman(yummy)
Taye Diggs(that smile)
Adam Pascal(yummy)

re: More Rumors of threats to Idina and Taye.
 Oct 15 2005, 03:03:30 PM
Does anyone else think that this whole hate mail thing is going to start up again once Rent hits theatres? I mean right now, not many people know that they are a couple, but once the movie becomes huge(hopefully), the exposure might do more harm than good. And I believe it's perfectly plausible that they are still getting threats, it's just not public news. I hope I'm wrong but, that's just my feeling on the situation.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You