News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for luvcaroline

luvcaroline Profile Photo
Member Name: luvcaroline
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 06:15:34 PM

Thank you, ACL. 

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 03:52:23 PM

This is very sad news.  I don’t live in New York, so I do feel fortunate to have been able to see her twice (in Chicago and The Visit). Truly a phenomenal performer. 

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 10 2023, 10:01:37 PM

ACL2006 said: "luvcaroline said: "I see now that he’s supposed to start 11/20

"

And Reeve ends on 11/19, so???
"

I was answering my own question from yesterday, when the rumor was that he was starting on 11/21.  Our tickets are for 11-20 and I wondered who would be Orpheus.  Now I know he starts 11/20.  That’s all  

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 10 2023, 07:31:37 PM

I see now that he’s supposed to start 11/20

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 9 2023, 06:46:19 PM

So I guess an understudy will be on for the 11/20 show?

Tina Turner Has Passed Away  May 24 2023, 03:46:05 PM

Wow, I just went online and this is the first thing I see. Tina’s music got me through some difficult times and her loss is huge to me.  Her contribution to the world can’t be put into words. This is so sad. 

Matilda!  Dec 26 2022, 10:31:25 PM

We just watched this tonight and I have to say that it is just fabulous in every way. I enjoyed the stage musical, but this adaptation takes it to another level. I have to agree that this is one of the best stage to screen adaptations that I’ve seen in years. Bravo to all involved!

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Mar 19 2022, 07:51:44 PM

Grier is perfect casting!

Betty White is gone...  Dec 31 2021, 03:07:56 PM

I don’t know what to say……she was wonderful in all she did. What joy she brought to so many, RIP ICON. 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 02:32:25 PM

Yes, I got an email that both Kimberly Akimbo performances are canceled today. 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 03:03:23 PM

Update:  we have decided to go ahead and cancel. I am very sad, but we are trying to be responsible. I guess I can hope that at some point Caroline will be filmed, but I know that’s unlikely. 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 02:06:54 PM

So now our JLP performance is canceled. My partner is less enthusiastic about making the trip and we have about 2 hours to decide. I have no idea what to do….

(thanks to everyone who gave feedback)

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 10:17:47 AM

Jordan, I really appreciate that feedback. Your posts about this current production were a big part of my motivation to book this trip!

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 18 2021, 10:04:23 AM

I’ve been closely following this thread and others, but I’m still very torn about what to do and I want your opinions. We booked this trip a couple of months ago, when things were looking much better. Caroline, or Change is my favorite musical of all time and it’s the only reason I booked this trip. I could not imagine missing the opportunity to see this masterpiece. We are both vaxed and boosted, but I’m more concerned that the show will be canceled than I am about ge

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 15 2020, 07:23:51 PM
Yikes, it did take a dark turn.
Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 15 2020, 03:31:14 PM

DCDrama2 said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Anyone know if your flashback features an understudy, can you reschedule for a different flashback?"

I found their policy on this:

"Any changes to the original show, including cast, content, venue, time, dimension, ethereal plane, etc are deemed to be at the discretion of the original ticket holder's brain chemistry. LCT is not liable or responsible for such changes and no refunds or exchanges will be

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 15 2020, 12:35:02 PM

BenElliott said: "Caught this again last night after taking the LSD they handed out in the lobby. Can't remember much except for Patti and Bernadette making out in the Stonewall restroom. I woke up in Harlem around 6am, sharing a tent with a homeless man. My playbill got crinkled :/"

Question for those in the know:  I had my first flashback today, eerily similar to BenElliott’s (my Playbill was unscathed, thankfully).  Will I be charged again

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 14 2020, 06:25:55 PM

thedrybandit said: "The scene where Cary Grant is suddenly a giant phallic-shaped rocket-ship was particularly welcome to me, it really was the heart of the show."

Maybe this explains why Buzz Lightyear was there?  Not sure about the symbolism....

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 13 2020, 12:21:36 PM
Wow, thanks for all of the reports, guys. This sounds fascinating. For anyone attending this weekend, keep us updated!
Company Previews Thread  Nov 26 2021, 11:40:40 PM

Scott, thank you for posting your report. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You