News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anna_Elizabeth

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Member Name: Anna_Elizabeth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Apr 7 2017, 03:59:16 PM

"Can you imagine how much poor Christian Borle must have to drink these days?  He can't be immune to the negative reactions so far.  Why oh why is he in this?  I could have spared myself tickets (happily bought them before previews bc of him and no way did I see this disaster coming) and now am stuck going regardless of reviews..."

I feel sorry for the entire cast. Going into a new project, you don't know how it is going to turn

SF Chron's new reviewer. Sad!  Feb 24 2017, 02:38:23 PM

I haven't read any SF Chronicle reviews since Robert Hurwitt left. Glad I skip over those now that you point out what type of reviewer the new person is. It was depressing reading the statements below. I'm all for a new angle on reviewing, but this is ridiculous. I wouldn't expect a reviewer to know all theater history, but to have some knowledge is helpful.

Non-Equity RENT  Feb 1 2017, 04:23:55 PM

Yes, that is the obvious response. But there has to be more than just money since I don't remember a non-equity tour receiving so much press through broadwayworld, etc. For anyone who still has their playbill, can you let me know who the current producers are. Just curious. Thanks.

Non-Equity RENT  Jan 31 2017, 03:56:37 PM

I was not planning on seeing this tour when it comes to San Francisco based on those pro-video(s). It made me cringe. However, for a tour that is billing itself as the 20th Anniversary Tour, does anyone know why it is a non-equity tour? 

Tech show stops  Dec 21 2016, 03:51:58 PM

There is a reason why the Stage Manager is called the Voice of God. Everything needs to go through the Stage Manager, whether something happens backstage or front of house. I'm sure people were complaining to the House Manager, who kept relaying what was going on with the Stage Manager, who then decided to stop the show.

Scalpers  Dec 21 2016, 03:48:30 PM

"What boonanas is describing is what scalpers used to do in the old days, before the internet and bots were a thing. I feel that we will begin to see a return of this method."

Ha! Back in the old days we knew the scalpers personally and saw them all over town at various events. When someone new showed up, we made it a point to find out where they came from.

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY  Dec 19 2016, 04:29:55 PM

I saw the show in London and believe it was based more on the book than the movies, and updated for today's audience. I'm assuming the U.S. production is trying to change the show to be more like the movie since that is what is expected. Hope it all works out as many tourists will be booking this show on name only and expect to see the movie.

Hamilton Tickets Cancelled?  Dec 6 2016, 03:39:39 PM

With the different U.S. productions, does anyone know if the 6 ticket limit applies to each production only, or a combination of the productions? And is it of the lifetime of the production, or within one year? Just curious.

Theatre In California  Dec 5 2016, 03:45:03 PM

These links may help you as well:

Theatre Bay Area show listings

Theatre In LA show listings

Broadway Actors Reveal Their Worst Onstage Mishaps  Nov 30 2016, 04:07:49 PM

Would love to hear more stories from everyone. I know I've seen a lot of mishaps from forgetting lines to falls. My story is one year during summer theater while working front of house, the play onstage was getting a lot of laughs. The set included a door leading into a living room scene. Door is centered back of stage middle. One of the actors goes through door and door falls down. It stays that way for awhile and at one point a stage hand comes on and puts the door back on as the c

Last I Heard...  Nov 21 2016, 03:14:04 PM

From the many different opinions stated, this is the America we currently live - one that is divided. I find many of these comments silly and no one taking the time to understand why we are so divided.

For me, kudos to the people of Hamilton for seizing an opportunity. One they knew well in advance since the secret service did their job well in protecting the Vice-President elect. I watched the speech and thought it was very moving of a past Vice-President talking to a current Vice-Pre

Why such short notice on Kara Lindsay's Wicked return?  Oct 28 2016, 02:28:42 PM

Unfortunately, we who would like to know when someone new or is returning to a role, are too few for the producers or the person who is calling the shots to care about making these announcements. It also seems to be the new normal. After all, some productions aren't allowing understudies to say when they will be on. And yes, it is all about selling tickets to them. Yet, I'm also beginning to see this trend at regional nonprofits when full cast lists are coming out later and later

HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall  Oct 19 2016, 05:48:16 PM

I have purchased rush seats twice on TodayTix. For a Sunday evening, my seats were house left orchestra closer to the back. I thought these were great seats. For a Friday evening, the seats were house left mezzanine Row B. Good seats as long as you are watching what is onstage. 

Lottery Ticket Past-Date Question  Oct 14 2016, 03:43:15 PM

Theater3232 said: "It is not reasonable to expect someone to leave home 3 hours early just in the "off chance" there is a severe delay (that happens just a couple of times per year)."

I've left home 3 hours early many times in order to make it to a show on time.

Thursday Matinee  Oct 14 2016, 03:32:13 PM

Paper Mill Playhouse

Average Uber price from JFK to Times Square  Oct 13 2016, 03:30:30 PM

I don't know about Uber, but I'd just book the car service for that many people. Your driver will be waiting for you as you exit, less hassle, and no stress. The car service are professionals and know what they are doing. If you're more concerned about cheap, then take the subway as recommended. Good luck.

Top Hat Coming to Broadway?  Oct 13 2016, 03:23:36 PM

I also liked the show in London and would have seen it a 2nd time if I could. Hopefully, whatever they do will make it better though it is usually the other way around. I thought it was quite good already. But it always seems as if the powers that be think they have to change things for an American audience. 

Rock of Ages Vegas Closing  Oct 13 2016, 03:17:56 PM

Didn't realize Rock of Ages had moved from the Venetian to the Rio, and is closing the Rio. Las Vegas Review-Journal article. Remember, Las Vegas has The Smith Center now, which is bringing in the Broadway tours. 

My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016  Oct 12 2016, 03:36:06 PM

I would skip Radio City since you saw it last year. I saw the show in back to back years, and was disappointed the 2nd time I saw it.

Many Broadway Shows Going Dark on Election Day 2016  Oct 4 2016, 03:01:50 PM

Factor in the time difference, once the East Coast polls close, then it is watching the rest of the states to see what happens. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You