News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for waddledee524

waddledee524 Profile Photo
Member Name: waddledee524
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ITH Eliseo! Kevin!
 Dec 3 2008, 08:07:45 PM
So... will that blonde chick be on as Piragua Guy?
re: A song that you hate in a musical you love
 Apr 17 2008, 12:49:45 AM
"Miss Baltimore Crabs" and "Cooties" - Hairspray
"Your Eyes" - Rent
"Magic Foot" - Spelling Bee (I don't know why, I just can't STAND that song!)
"The Dark I Know Well" - Spring Awakening
"Gee, Officer Krupke" - West Side Story. I know, I know, it's brilliant, but something about it irks me.
"Another Pyramid" - AIDA

re: Bee or Drowsy
 Dec 20 2007, 02:40:14 PM
Spelling Bee, most definitely.
re: '...The HELL?!' moments in productions
 Dec 6 2007, 08:23:58 PM
The "Act II" opener in the Drowsy Chaperone... At the beginning, before we realized what was going on, it was one gigantic "...the HELL?"

Hilarious, though.

re: Sweeney Todd Official site is up and FULL of music
 Nov 28 2007, 06:14:20 PM
Johnny sounds pretty good, and the orchestrations are magnificent. I can't say that so much about Helena Bonham Carter. There's not much behind her voice. Great clips though.
re: Strike-Fuel for Spelling Bee's Improve?
 Nov 10 2007, 08:07:55 PM
Well, Logainne has to rant about *something*...
re: Spelling Bee or Blonde? Help!!!
 Nov 10 2007, 01:02:56 AM
Here's another vote for the Bee. Get it while you can!
re: Sweeney Todd Poster Happiness
 Oct 31 2007, 03:51:47 PM
My campus has them too! They were all over the floor by a stack of newspapers.
re: Sweeney Todd with a rock re-arrangement
 Oct 26 2007, 11:09:14 AM
I can just imagine some arranger somewhere going a little too crazy on the electric guitar. It would sound like Trans-Siberian Orchestra meets Phantom of the Opera movie in the deepest circle of hell.
re: B&W Playbills?
 Aug 23 2007, 12:37:02 PM
BroadwayEnthusiast, I'll third that. I saw Drowsy for the first time last month and I was not much excited by a Playbill that looked like clipart.
re: Kristen Bell on Legally Blonde, Heroes, Veronica Mars and More
 Aug 22 2007, 01:49:43 AM
That was a nice interview. I still think that if I bumped into her on the street, I would probably call her Veronica.

Hope she gets back to the stage soon (even though I love Heroes!)

re: Spamalot v. Spelling Bee
 Aug 6 2007, 03:16:38 AM
See Spelling Bee. It's fresh, and the jokes aren't as recycled (not that Spamalot is bad - it's just more familiar). Spelling Bee is absolutely hilarious.
re: Kristen Bell as Elle Woods?
 Jul 29 2007, 09:21:23 PM
Kristen Bell has great voice as far as I know. It would be cool to see her onstage as Elle. (Incidentally, I just watched the Veronica Mars episode where Laura Bell Bundy guest stars).
'The Biggest Buzz on Broadway'
 Jul 25 2007, 01:04:24 AM
Bump!

I wanted to know, how is Spelling Bee these days? I might be taking a group to see it, but I'd like to know if it's still as good as it was with the original cast (which I saw once). Do they still have that energy? I haven't heard much about them lately!

re: At what age is it too old to stage door?
 Jun 29 2007, 12:07:36 AM
It's strange, I was actually thinking about this when I saw Spring Awakening last week. I'm in college, and I was about a head taller than all the girls around me. I felt like I had forgotten to bring along my braces or something. That said, I really don't think there's a maximum age to stage door, even if it seems inundated with teenyboppers at times. I'm sure the actors appreciate being appreciated by audience members of all ages.
re: Favorite Broadway 'pre-set'
 Jun 28 2007, 03:18:49 PM
I loved walking into the theatre for Spelling Bee because they did such a good job making it look exactly like an elementary school. It was so comprehensive and detailed.
re: Sweeney Pics.. - probably posted before
 Jun 27 2007, 11:46:22 PM
Most excellent!! I can't wait.
re: Broadway In Wilmington Thread
 Jun 27 2007, 11:44:06 PM
The DuPont has had quite a few great seasons, but I don't really care for the 07-08 season they've posted. I haven't actually seen a show there, even though I'm local. I've heard good things, though. It usually takes a trip into Philly to have access to a wider selection of shows, since there are so many theatres there and Wilmington only has the one.
How About Simply...'GREA$E'
 Jun 20 2007, 11:15:41 PM
I think the "Rama lama lama ..." part is kind of funny. But overall, grotesque.
re: How do you pronounce 'eurydice'?
 Jun 19 2007, 10:20:40 PM
http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=Eurydice

Go there, and click on the little red speaker icon next to the main entry. I love that tool.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You