B&W Playbills?

shiz_student94
#1B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:10pm

Hopefully someone can help me out. I was wondering if 'Curtains' is strictly B&W playbills now? I know they used to have color ones, but I know they also have B&W ones too...although I'm not sure if they have both or they changed to B&W, if i'm making sense. Same with Spring Awakening. Those are the only two i'm curious about. It's probably just cheaper to do B&W, right? Please help :) Thanks all,

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#2re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:12pm

Why would Curtains have both? Curtains is B&W and SA is color.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#2re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:16pm

Thank god i picked up 3 Curtains in colour! I always pick up 3 for every show

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

shiz_student94
#3re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:16pm

I don't know. Maybe for one reason or another they do. Thanks.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#4re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:20pm

Why have most shows gone Black and White.

The only color ones I have seen:
-Wicked
-Spring Awakening

Legally Blonde and Xandau both are now black and white, in which they use to be color. What happened?

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

FranzRelax
#5re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:21pm

It's just cheaper. That's why they do it. The money used to print color playbills can go elsewhere.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#6re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 1:22pm

Where?

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#7re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 2:28pm

Most shows only use color Playbills for the first month or so of their run, then they switch to B&W to save money. I guess Wicked & SA are raking in enough dough that they can afford to keep printing in color.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#8re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 2:40pm

Hairspray has always been in color.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

shiz_student94
#9re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:08pm

Mary Poppins is still in color too.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#10re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:11pm

I LOVE the Mary Poppins Playbill-er-Showbill. I love the way they list the understudies.

Is Lion King color?

Updated On: 8/22/07 at 04:11 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#11re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:14pm

That's because they're all raking in the cash.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#12re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 4:44pm

Spelling Bee was in color the last time I saw it in July.

shiz_student94
#13re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 9:29pm

Yeah, in July '06 when I saw Spelling Bee they still had color...although the B&W is recently a big trend. Unless I just haven't noticed it too much.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#14re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 9:56pm

Avenue Q just switched to Black and White.
Well not just, but recently.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#15re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/22/07 at 9:59pm

I hate Drowsy's Playbill...

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#16re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 12:40am

as do i BroadwayEnthusiast..its just boring and blah

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#17re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 2:08am

Yes TLK is in color but it's basically black and yellow, so it probably doesn't cost as much as tons of colors. (?)

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#18re: B&W Playbills?
Posted: 8/23/07 at 12:37pm

BroadwayEnthusiast, I'll third that. I saw Drowsy for the first time last month and I was not much excited by a Playbill that looked like clipart.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.

Videos