News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jessyk1065

jessyk1065 Profile Photo
Member Name: jessyk1065
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 30 2005, 11:59:10 PM
1. ditto anyone who said they hate "Cats" and loved the RENT movie :) (though I suppose that would make those opinions somewhat popular? just a thought...)

2. I think Kristen Chenoweth is so stinking cute, all the time. lol

re: Strange Structure in Wicked Libretto
 Nov 30 2005, 11:52:14 PM
That's an interesting point......I honestly never thought about it, I've seen the show twice and was so blown away by some of the people I've seen in it that I didn't question it, but you make a good point......that is one part of the book I would have liked to see developed a little more at that point in the show. Oh well. Oz can be a very confusifying place, I suppose
jesse
 Nov 30 2005, 11:15:09 PM
ditto to everyone else who said would somebody PRETTY PLEASE PM me with both the MTV and A&E things, as I get neither channel here?
re: The Actual Box-Office Totals for RENT are in
 Nov 30 2005, 10:27:39 PM
I realise what Rosario was talking about when she made that comment, and maybe you're right in that I shouldn't have taken her words out of context. All I'm saying is that I think it's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy the film, and that when you said "you can't seriously be talking about RENT, could you?" it was semi-hurtful, even if you are a fan of the original show. Anyways. The movie is more than just moments to me, it's all the moments put together....but I see where you're coming from, in
 Nov 30 2005, 09:36:39 PM
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, and that those other people didn't; as Rosario Dawson put it, "we're not doing it AT you; we're doing it FOR us." I know among college students the word of mouth is *definatley* big. People here at WIU have been talking about it nonstop (and as I'm not exactly the "social butterfly" of this university, the fact that even I've heard people talking about it is saying something).

The film
 Nov 30 2005, 08:48:28 PM
I said this in another post in another thread about the movie, but I'll say it again just because let's face it, Macomb, IL is not exactly the cultural hub of America and I'd much rather post too much here than get too drunk at some random bar like most of my schoolmates. When I first heard RENT was being made into a movie, I was EXTREMELY skeptical, mostly because I heard names like Justin Timberlake being tossed around in conjunction with it. My first experience with RENT was when I was 11 yea
 Nov 30 2005, 08:18:46 PM
I think as word spreads about how good the movie was, more people will be going to see it. Obviously there won't be another opening weekend, but I know there were a *lot* of *very* skeptical fans of the stage production who have gone to see it and fell in love with RENT all over again (like me! ) I mean....if the expressions on Anthony Rapp's and Adam Pascal's faces during the "I'll Cover You" reprise don't just *destroy* you (along with Jesse's amazing voice
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You