News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for isntitromantic

isntitromantic Profile Photo
Member Name: isntitromantic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Victoria Clark  Jun 17 2015, 03:00:55 PM
Hated her in Titanic, but that may have been the character. When she gave a master class at her alma mater, she demanded a limo from morning side heights to new haven. How is that for school spirit?

CONSENT: New Play at the Black Box Theater!  Jun 17 2015, 02:49:49 PM
Truly terriible and reinforces the stereotypical view of homosexuals as unstable and self-centered. Rhodes wife opened the closet door for him but they haven't had sex in fifteen years he mentions in an interview. Some things are better left unsaid. This is NOT a roundabout production. Don't be fooled.

Thoughts on The Secret Garden  Jun 21 2010, 05:26:37 PM
a gorgeous score, very moving book and ingeneous of Norman to embellish the original story with ghosts. It was produced at a time that made it a metaphor for AIDS and worked beautifully on Broadway once Mandy Patinkin vacated the role of Archibald. It never quite caught on and closed at a loss, but it really speaks to anyone who has experienced grief.
Tony Moments 'Drunk Dorothy' Offensive and Insulting Headline  Jun 12 2010, 04:17:51 PM
Its really a shame BWW would sh*t on a theater legend by denigrating probably what were the Tonys finest hour. Loudon certainly deserves better from a professional site. Curious, too, how everyone seems to like rolling in the mud here and has little respect for anything or anyone else. Curious if Betty Buckley would give an interview to a site which might give her Tony Moment the headline "Coked to the Gills Buckley Shakes the Rafters." Doubtful.
Tony Moments 'Drunk Dorothy' Offensive and Insulting Headline  Jun 12 2010, 12:15:45 PM
Its offensive and insulting on many levels. Dorothy was a kind and gentle soul who did alot for BC/EFA in the early days and bequeathed a large part of her estate to that organization. Funny, Pat can't even get Loudon's last name correct.
Watching shows with fines at the Lincoln Center Library?  Jun 11 2010, 11:06:42 AM
Just call ahead of time for an appointment to view. They will have you fill out a form for purpose of view, but that is all. You can also "claim returned" for your overdue items (to the 40th Street Bookdrop, perhaps) and they will write the whole thing off.
THE END  Jun 9 2010, 06:16:04 PM
Alas, only Jason Bennett responded. What should I do, folks?
THE END  Jun 9 2010, 11:53:42 AM
Folks, its time for me to come out of the closet and reveal myself.

I am a PhD candidate in psychology doing my part of my doctoral thesis on the long term effects of anonymous internet use on posters who share a common interest, i.e., Broadway or a particular performer. (I have always been partial to Miss Bujold myself, Phyllis).

I posted the intitial post about the rally to:

a. see whether such a thing would happen
b. bring in the Christian thread with the avat

THE END  Jun 9 2010, 11:19:55 AM
Don't assume everyone is Christian, Dearheart.

"your avatar is Jesus on the cross..."

Yes, and Christ was Jewish.

Gosh, Jason, I didn't know Max Von Essen counted as a "celebrity".

I wonder what class will be like with you, though. You seem quite the Pontiff-icator. Or perhaps just a pendant?

THE END  Jun 9 2010, 10:31:54 AM
isntitromantic.. Shut uppppppppppppppp

The Lord Work's in mysterius way, eh? Well hey there Mr. Christian. I'm a Christian to. So FORGIVE Alice Ripley and MOVE ON dude.

Sweetheart, I'm Jewish. Could I suggest Strunk & White's Elements of Style for you to work on your punctuation and syntax? Anything else you are unsure about you can run through a spell check. Or perhaps Jason Bennett can tutor you. Except he used the word "like" inappropriately, but that may have a been

THE END  Jun 9 2010, 09:32:50 AM
I've prayed over this and all the pain this has caused Ms. Ripley. Dennis Shepard, at the sentencing of Matthew's killer, Aaron McKinney said to him "remember you had the opportunity and the ability to stop your actions that night." Ms. Ripley also had that opportunity before she hit the return to post her hate talk. We are responsible for our actions when they affect other people. I think, from what I have read, Ms. Ripley must be a good person, if somewhat bewildered.
And now, I'm goin

THE LIFE - did anyone see it?  Jun 9 2010, 08:55:00 AM
wonderful, exciting evening of the theater. great performances and a moving book. it was especially thrilling for those of us who remember the old 42nd street before disney.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 05:00:30 PM
Of course, if Ms. Ripley had used the term "theaterfag" that would have been acceptable.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 02:54:53 PM
Personally, Hilton has it wrong when he calls me a fan. Never saw Next to Normal, never seen Alice Ripley perform, just abhor the f** word. God bless, Alice, you did the right thing.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 12:57:20 PM
Smacks of producer/publicist twisting her arm. Note: the apology used correct syntax and is upper/lower case. I'm sure she's sorry, but so were Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson after they were caught. Faggot was the last word Matthew heard. Doesn't excuse it, Alice. Ever.
stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 12:19:32 PM
But she didn't say she was sorry. She doesn't really get it. That's why a demo is necessary.
It's Official! Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch to Star in A LITTLE NIG  Jun 8 2010, 10:21:05 AM
Precisely: fishwife.

Years ago, I spliced Stritchie singing "Why Do I Love You" together with her "Shuuuutuuuuuup!" from the Company documentary for my answering machine. A little faggy, but a friend in Showboat got her to call just to hear it.

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 10:16:53 AM
Right you are. Charlie was thrown off the bridge running from the Bangor side; he drowned and was found on the Brewer side. I remember it well. I was in high school at the time and it was the first time, during that memorial on the bridge, that I felt part of something right and good. Less that a week after the memorial on the spot where Charlie was tossed to his death, someone spray painted "Faggots jump here." So you see, unless you stand up against language that hate connotations of hate,
It's Official! Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch to Star in A LITTLE NIG  Jun 8 2010, 10:06:20 AM
They should have cast Donna McKechnie and Merle Louise who have both done the part and are far better actors that Peters or Stritch.
As a woman who has numbered kings among her lovers, Mme. Armfeldt should at least have some charisma.

stage door demo for Ripley's FAG slur Thurs at 10 pm  Jun 8 2010, 09:49:19 AM
"fag" is hate speech. Ever since the Charlie Howard was thrown into the river in Brewer, Maine in 1984 this word offends the core of my sensibilities. Fag was the last thing he heard before he drowned. Alice should know better.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You