News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TIGGOSAURUS

TIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
Member Name: TIGGOSAURUS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions  Nov 15 2017, 08:04:01 AM

Hi, this is a very, very long shot but I flew in yesterday from the UK in the hope of seeing Ben perform one more time (having seen DEH in previews at Second Stage), so if anyone has a spare single ticket for any of Ben's remaining performances bar Thursday night, please could you PM me? Unfortunately I can't go above $215 though....

Good luck to all those who are also looking for tickets and enjoy the show to the lucky ones who have managed to secure some.

one man, two guvnors rush  Apr 10 2012, 12:41:16 AM
I'm sure the rush line will get busier when word spreads - it's only just been announced. I sat in front row Sunday just gone and the audience were lapping it up. I think on balance the reaction at the Music Box was more ecstatic than when I saw it at the Adelphi. I'd be astonished if James Corden & Oliver Chris aren't shoe-ins for Tony nominations in their respective categories.
Easter Bonnet 2012 - ticket availability  Oct 28 2011, 01:50:57 PM
< bump >

I've emailed BCEFA about 2012 dates but can anyone advise how easy it would be to get Easter Bonnet tickets in advance if I was travelling from overseas around that time?

Easter Bonnet competition 2012  Oct 27 2011, 10:05:06 AM
Can anyone who's in the know advise when this falls? i.e. what day of the week and is it likely to be before or after Good Friday/Easter Sunday?

I've looked on the BCEFA Events Page and this year's competion took place on 26th April, the Tuesday after Easter. Would the same hold for 2012? And how easy is it to secure tickets?

Any help would be appreciated so I can start to put some travel plans in place.

Judy Garland Musical 'END OF THE RAINBOW' Headed To Broadway March 2012  Sep 29 2011, 07:10:52 PM
Not wishing to get drawn into some of the petty bickering evident in this thread and not being a Judy Garland aficianado, I'd just like to say I too was blown away by Bennett's performance at Trafalgar Studios - partly because of the manic energy she brought to the role, partly because of her soaring vocals and mainly because she was a complete tour-de-force. She made JG come alive for me and I felt huge sympathy for the tragedy her character's life became and the talent that went to waste far t
Sister Act First Preview  Mar 28 2011, 02:12:00 AM
Is "It's Good to Be a Nun" as funny as "How I Got the Calling"?

IMHO: No, not at all. I've discussed this revision with a couple of people who also saw the show in London and none of us could see any good reason for the change. 'HIGTC' was a very funny and uplifting song which served the characters really well - the new song is very flat, formulaic and uninteresting in comparison.

I was expecting quite a few changes to the show but this one took me by surprise, especia

Sister Act First Preview  Mar 25 2011, 01:09:28 AM
bwayphreak234: I wouldn't necessarily say the show was BETTER than London overall - some parts were improved but some good things were lost too IMHO.

As far as I recall the show curtain was red velvet with yellow trim - nothing much to get excited about at this stage.

Sister Act First Preview  Mar 25 2011, 12:16:54 AM
I'm also not long back from tonight's first preview.

My thoughts on the changes: overall the book is MUCH better - it's less creaky and has a lot more punchy one-liners. The choreography and staging for 'When I Find My Baby' is fantastic and the character of TJ makes him a proper stooge - very funny.

I didn't find the show overlong at all, but maybe that's because I knew what to expect for the most part. I think it's only right that Victoria Clark get a 2nd Act solo to showcas

BCEFA CareTIX  Mar 23 2011, 01:10:05 PM
Are La Cage selling window cards as well as playbills? I love the artwork for this production, would definitely go for a signed copy.
Priscilla Queen of the Desert - WTF?!  Mar 20 2011, 06:58:18 AM
Sorry, in terms of the actual seating plan I have probably used the wrong term - I meant the centre orchestra seats, but the 'volunteers' are picked from those nearest the outer aisles rather than the central one.
PRISCILLA Reviews  Mar 20 2011, 06:54:25 AM
Break a leg one and all!

It's been an epic journey to bring this show to Broadway and I hope it proves to be just as much of an audience-pleaser in NY as it has been in Oz, NZ, the UK and Canada thus far. Special mention for all those who have been on-board since the very beginning.

From one of the thousands of 'passengers' you picked up along the way.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - WTF?!  Mar 20 2011, 06:42:23 AM
Mike,

The 'audience participation' number is 'Thank God I'm a Country Boy' - perhaps up to a dozen people plucked from the side orchestra seats to dance on stage for 1-1.5 minutes max. And the cast recording was being sold inside the theatre for $30 (is that the current benchmark price on Broadway? It seemed a little steep to me).

Standing Ovations  Mar 20 2011, 06:32:49 AM
Reggie, that's very interesting but it obviously doesn't apply in the West End (though the standing ovation is becoming more prevalent there). Isn't applause in itself a 'courtesy' to the actors? I'm with the poster who said they will usually only stand if they felt blown away by a performer / production.

I believe the phenomenon is down to three things on Broadway: (1) affirming that you got your money's worth (2) being able to actually see the curtain call (a sort of ripple effect) (

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - WTF?!  Mar 20 2011, 06:08:04 AM
You got "joyless" from this show? Really??? 'WTF' indeed.

And it has "little or no creativity" says someone who HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT.

Oh well, the dozen or so people I've taken to see the show (none of us devotees of the film) and the multitudes I've seen grinning from ear to ear at curtain call must all have different definitions of 'joy' and 'creativity' - lucky for us!

Sutton Foster in Anything Goes. First Preview.  Mar 13 2011, 06:00:36 AM
Thanks for the rush info. Don't fancy Rear Mezz and wouldn't qualify for student rush / hiptix so I guess I'll have to hope other discount codes throw up decent seats.
Sutton Foster in Anything Goes. First Preview.  Mar 12 2011, 05:21:05 PM
This thread has really whetted my appetite to see the show - the Lincoln Center production in 1989 was my first-ever Broadway show and I had reservations about seeing it again based on the fact that I've found Sutton Foster a bit anaemic in the 3 shows I've seen her in (plus the rehearsal footage was slighly underwhelming). But AG has such a fantastic score and I'm a sucker for big, crowd-pleasing song-and-dance numbers, so I think I'd kick myself if I missed it.

Does anyone know what the situation is with lottery / general rush / SRO / discounts etc? Any first-hand advice would be much appreciated.

Roger Rees to Replace Nathan Lane in THE ADDAMS FAMILY 3/2011  Oct 30 2010, 06:44:47 PM
Thanks for the clips, though, he's fantastic!

Reagrdless of the various arguments about how famous / how much of a box office draw he is, I'm very happy to read bwaylvsong's last comment about Roger Rees - he is indeed a fantastic actor.

I first saw him in a UK television broadcast of Nicholas Nickleby when I was teenager, then saw him in an RSC production of Hamlet in Stratford-on-Avon and only this year I had the pleasure & privilege of seeing him back on the London

LA BETE Reviews  Oct 14 2010, 06:15:37 PM
I also loved the performances in the recent London production but somehow I can't see the NY critics handing out rave reviews. I thought it lost a bit of momentum in 'the play within a play' section, though I think it may have been re-tooled slightly for the transfer. Either way it will be interesting to gauge what the word-of-mouth is...
PRISCILLA To Take The Palace  Sep 12 2010, 12:52:19 PM
I think previews will start in late March.

Is that a guess Jordan, or an 'educated guess'? I'm sure I read previously that previews were pencilled in for February with an Opening in early March.

Hopefully they'll make an announcement soon so I can start making some plans - very excited to see H2$ and Catch Me If You Can among others if dates tally.

MrsPeel, I agree about the Palace Theatre in London - it's always been one of my favourite marquees and the Priscil

PRISCILLA To Take The Palace  Sep 6 2010, 07:06:58 PM
I would be gobsmacked if they moved the setting from Australia to the US! If they did that, they might as well change the book, the music & the sets and call it 'To Wong Foo...'
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You