News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BorisIgor

BorisIgor Profile Photo
Member Name: BorisIgor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMERICAN PSYCHO Previews
 Mar 20 2016, 02:25:06 PM

I've heard great things about the London production.  I will be there on Thursday as well.

American Psycho Delays Opening
 Mar 17 2016, 09:27:41 PM

Tuck and Shuffle Along also changed their opening night original date. I don't understand why is this a big deal.

American Psycho Preview Video
 Feb 29 2016, 03:58:55 PM

From Michael Musto today: "In the numbers they presented, the music jangled innovatively and the lyrics managed to rhyme “mahi mahi” with Isaac Mizrahi. Sounds like this could be another spring awakening".

Sounds exciting!

Saw The Anarchist and liked it
 Nov 28 2012, 10:06:31 AM
Saw the preview last night. An almost full house who seemed engaged with the story and the actors. Patti has nailed down the role and gives a wonderful performance. Not sure if Debra has been directed to act the way she does or does she really not have a soul? I liked the show and found it compelling.

The Anarchist First Preview.
 Nov 28 2012, 05:50:51 AM
Saw the preview last night. An almost full house who seemed engaged with the story and the actors. Patti has nailed down the role, not sure if Debra has been directed to act the way she does or does she really not have a soul? I liked it.
 Nov 14 2012, 12:22:53 PM
I would agree that at this time of the process is execution. I'm sure the writer/director and producers feel confident that these issues can be worked on during previews.
 Nov 14 2012, 11:50:01 AM
Constructive criticism is key to the success of most shows. Theatre is a about collaboration. it's the other type f criticism that I find destructive. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as strong as they can be, but let's put them in context.

Nov 14 2012, 11:35:56 AM
They can be discarded by whoever, but that doesn't take away my point of view and I think is valid. People seem here to want to destroy unfinished work. Let's allow the creative team to do their jobs and then have a strong conversation with all points of view
 Nov 14 2012, 11:31:54 AM
It seems that everyone in this board ignores the fact that last night's performance was the first time ever the actors played in front of an audience and it was the first time ever this played was performed anywhere.
While I would agree with some of the comments, I yet have to hear a discussion on the essence of the play. Was the LuPone character punished long enough? Should the crime be forgiven? Who protects the victim's families? What were those young rich kids thinking back in the 70's

So I should be excited about The Anarchist, but...
 Nov 14 2012, 11:30:31 AM
It seems that everyone in this board ignores the fact that last night's performance was the first time ever the actors played in front of an audience and it was the first time ever this played was performed anywhere.
While I would agree with some of the comments, I yet have to hear a discussion on the essence of the play. Was the LuPone character punished long enough? Should the crime be forgiven? Who protects the victim's families? What were those young rich kids thinking back in the 7

Question about seating at the John Golden Theatre
 Nov 10 2012, 06:00:56 AM
The Golden has been renovated and is gorgeous, lots of leg room to make it for a wonderful experience. The Anarchist apparently is going to blow everyone's mind and keep people talking about it for days. The two actresses are doing a remarkable job and Mamet is at its best. We'll see.
2013 Tonys... how's it looking so far?
 Nov 8 2012, 07:40:13 AM
You did not include The Anarchist, Ann or Pippin. Patty LuPone may walk with her third Tony. And I hear Pippin will be amazing with the changes added to the story.
Harry Connick Jr. Led ON A CLEAR DAY to Close on Broadway January 29
 Jan 13 2012, 07:37:16 AM
This show looked and sounded good on paper. The director misguided what could have been a great production. The sets and costumers were truly horrific. I wonder why producers did not control their director? Could have been a different show.
ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
 Dec 30 2011, 05:01:46 PM
Maybe you should look at this week's figures. Word of mouth for OACD is getting stronger and so are the numbers.
ON A CLEAR DAY... Seating Help
 Dec 29 2011, 11:03:19 AM
Loved the show! Music swells and beutiful story. Orchestra center or first couple of rows in mezz are fine
ON A CLEAR DAY... Reviews
 Dec 20 2011, 12:52:18 PM
Clever answer. You should be proud of it
 Dec 20 2011, 11:36:59 AM
Just saw the show again. The audience response is extraordinary. They seem to enjoy the show a great deal. What do they see so differently from people on this board. They were raving at intermission and post bows!
On A Clear Day Cast Recording?
 Dec 18 2011, 12:49:51 PM
There will probably be one. Lots of people want to listen to Harry's rendition of the title song, which I hear gets standing ovations every night!
Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 Dec 18 2011, 08:27:18 AM
I also heard Marco Zunino's interview in Spanish. He used the word "maridos" which in Peru means "significant other (male) or boyfriend". He did not say husband. Marco is an accomplished TV and Musical Theatre performer. He has participated in more than 10 musiclas, starring in 4 of them, and winning Peru's highest acting award for his role of EmCee in Cabaret. It was that performance that caught the attention of many international producers. In 2013 Marco will follow Hugh Jackman's steps
 Dec 12 2011, 01:20:54 AM
Well, bad reviews or not.... the show has a great score, is beautifully performed and audiences cheer and love it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You