News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for galindaba

galindaba Profile Photo
Member Name: galindaba
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mezz vs. Front Mezz for Spamalot/Shubert?
 Dec 9 2005, 11:45:55 AM
For the love of all that is holy grail, please dont buy from a broker. If you want to pay regular ticket price for Spamalot ($101.25) go to the cancellation line. They sell all the house seats every night so people end up with 5th row centre orchestra. Its awesome. Also if you really are on a budget do standing room. That goes on sale the day of the show at 10am. Great view and onle $21.25.
re: john and jen original cast- director?
 Dec 9 2005, 08:36:03 AM
john & jen is most definitely coming back to the Lamb's Theatre for a (so far) limited engagement beginning Jan 5th I think. Tickets are $15 probably on telecharge and they should go on sale soon. It's being brought back by a brand new production company with a new cast and a new director. VERY exciting.
re: Equity vs. Non-equity shows
 Dec 8 2005, 01:33:36 PM
Per diem covers food and basic day to day needs like that. It can be pretty sweet cuz if you get a good per diem and your housing is paid on tour then you can live off that money and sent your pay check home every month. Thats how people make bank doing tours and come home to thousands of dollars. My friend on rent came home and basically had money to pay her rent for a year. lol. Good times.
And dont be worried about sounding ignorant. You have to learn about this stuff at some point anyw

re: How Shall I See You Through My Tears?
 Dec 8 2005, 01:28:45 PM
Oh ****! Yay he got another acting job! It was Robin who used to work there. Glad to see he slummed it with the rest of us before hitting the big time again. I'm sure he's awesome going on as angel.
 Dec 8 2005, 01:26:14 PM
Sorry for not being clear. There IS different pay for principals and ensemble. Like I said, my friend who played Maureen was making $2500, and the ensemble were at about $1800 (both incudes per diem).
Most non-eq tours give per diem but its a lot less that equity tours give you. And so far as I know they tell you the pay rate and then tell you the per diem and whether they are providing housing after that.

re: How Shall I See You Through My Tears?
 Dec 8 2005, 01:20:26 PM
One of the kids from that movie works at Bubba Gump Shrimp in Times Square. Or did last time I went there. Love that kid!
 Dec 8 2005, 01:09:21 PM
I know for a fact that principals on the broadway national tour of rent made around $2500 a week including per diem. On Broadway the pay was like $2000 (because you dont get per diem on broadway).
Unfortunately since the tour went non-eq the people are making around $500 a week including per diem. Which sucks, especially when you know what the union people were paid. But never fear, rumors have been circulating that they're making the rent tour union again very soon.

p.s. Al

re: john and jen back in new york????
 Dec 8 2005, 12:41:24 PM
Totally! I love love love Julia Murney and she's already worked with Lippa so it might be a possibilty. Fingers crossed!!
 Dec 8 2005, 12:39:36 PM
That's a tough one, because it really depends on the production. Most of the time regional and touring productions are non-eq, but of course there are exceptions to that. More and more equity national tours are coming out (i.e. Wicked, Spamalot, Rent is going union).
There are different levels of equity production and each level has a different basic pay rate. So a lower level union tour could get away with paying actors $450 a week, whereas a first national tour pays around $1400 a week. <

Dec 8 2005, 12:59:20 AM
That's awesome. I wish I could get there to see it. Definately need to know if it's gonna be coming back to New York though. I heard something about a limited engagement at the Lamb's Theatre. But it could be just rumors.
 Dec 8 2005, 12:40:33 AM
the original director was Gabriel Barre who also directed Andrew Lippa's "The Wild Party" and "Summer of '42". There was no choreographer.

Have you heard anything about "john and jen" coming back to nyc. I'm way excited to know more.

john and jen back in new york????
 Dec 8 2005, 12:22:20 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Andrew Lippa's "john and jen" might be coming back to New York at the start of next year. Does anyone know about this?? It's one of my favourite shows but it hasnt been done in so long. I really really want to go see it!!!!!!!!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You