News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pauly3

Member Name: Pauly3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July
 May 15 2024, 04:59:56 PM

"Your Lie in April" has been announced for a limited run and will be playing in July.  I saw the pro-shot on YouTube of the debut version in Japan, while it was up (is not anymore), and it looked very interesting.

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 14 2023, 08:40:07 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Pauly, not all opinions are worthy of respect. Especially not where harm is being done. Opinions like JKR's pose a serious threat, and we can't just gloss over that."

What opinion has she expressed that has specifically caused harm, where she does not also specifically express protection of another group?  It's this sort of balance and nuance that is disregarded that I find so ridiculous.  I may be missing

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 14 2023, 07:23:06 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I say wrong.

How much money does JK Rowling make from this, and what does she do with it?"

Preposterous questions. It does not and should not matter.  The work was honest, legal, admirable and desired by those who purchased her work product.  She was paid what people were willing to pay.  What she does with that money she earned is no ones business but her own.

The desire to end the Cursed Chi

Is the migrant crisis affecting broadway?
 Sep 1 2023, 01:26:07 PM

ghostlight2 said: "This thread is embarrassing and the mods are asleep at the wheel. For those who agree with me, report the original post. This thread should be deleted or at least locked."

This thread is embarrassing, but only for those arguing from the narrow and false standpoint that there is disgust of the mere presence of migrants.  There is no justification for the mods to do anything.  Shutting down debate is yet another trait, more

Sep 1 2023, 11:58:47 AM

Matt Rogers said: "Pauly3 said: "Matt Rogers said: "And I stand by my statement that a truckload of right wing bigots have successfully infiltrated this site."

Pauly3 said: Can you point to two examples of expressed bigotry that support your statement?
"

Matt Rogers said: Okay, you wanna play? Let's play. Here we have a thread that was started by a right winger t

Aug 31 2023, 07:29:59 PM

Matt Rogers said: "And I stand by my statement that a truckload of right wing bigots have successfully infiltrated this site."

Can you point to two examples of expressed bigotry that support your statement?

Aug 31 2023, 05:39:42 PM

Kad said: "The main grievances on the first page can be summed up as “kids on scooters and people smoking weed and we know they’re immigrants because they’re outside of the Row.” Those are literally the complaints."

The complaints could have been better stated, yes.  Your shock was unwarranted still.

Aug 31 2023, 04:34:51 PM

Kad said: "I’m sorry, the entire first page of this thread is entirely members griping about the mere presence of these people. There is no mention of burden on tax payers or any other sociopolitical issue attached to their presence.

Nobody here has said things are great or that there isn’t an issue- there is a glaring issue. America is too large and too wealthy of a nation to have thousands of folks in temporary housing at best out on the streets of its larges

Aug 31 2023, 12:32:38 PM

You folks here are entertaining and never disappoint when it comes to discussing anything politically controversial.  It's interesting that conservatives or "non-lefties", if not entirely, mostly offer an opinion without attacking the lefties for simply being on the left.  Contrast that with what the lefties too often do.  The lefties, as demonstrated here, will either attack the opposing side for simply being on the opposing side or avoid the argument, throw out

Great Shows That Deal With Racial Injustice
 Jun 16 2020, 01:36:53 PM

There is much disagreement it was great, but Allegiance dealt with racial injustice that isn't well known from a very significant period of American history.

BANDSTAND will stream online this week!
 Apr 13 2020, 07:27:32 PM

Anyone know if there is a compatible app available to stream Bandstand (and other Playbill offerings) on streaming devices, such as a Roku?

CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?
 Mar 5 2019, 07:16:13 PM

Larry6417 said: "ONCE ON THIS ISLAND being as immersive as the NYC staging was should also be playing the Taper."

Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND touring, or is it a one-time deal at the Ahmanson?  If it is touring, why should it play the Taper?

"THE LAST SHIP, another dubious programming choice. My guess is that it never would have been part of the season had STING not agreed to do it."

You might b

Original Production of LES MISERABLES in London Will Take Hiatus and Re-Open With New Staging
 Jan 11 2019, 02:00:08 PM

Comparing the longevity of runs between the revised version and the original - and declaring the original to be the superior money maker, doesn't quite click.  I also prefer the original, but that version had all but stopped touring.  Was this because the demand was low or for other reasons?  The revised version is now in its 2nd US tour - and seemingly doing very well.  The revised version on Broadway ran about twice as long as the first revival of the original.&

Going into Hamilton Blind
 Dec 31 2018, 02:17:02 PM

If you're leaning at all towards giving your family members any sort of introduction, take a look at this piece from "CBS Sunday Morning".  It was produced before the Broadway production - and is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wboCdgzLHg

Telecharge Help!
 Oct 22 2018, 05:55:11 PM

I have seen this error too, but more often than not I see the error when first clicking "Find Tickets".  I have had success simply by changing web browsers.  Microsoft Edge has worked well for me.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/24/17
 Dec 28 2017, 01:02:52 AM

barcelona20 said: "OOTI looking good."

Jarethan said: "In what universe? The gross still reflects discounted tickets in this the second or third busiest week of the year."

The (increased) gross also reflects only 7 performances.  "Looking good" may be a stretch in the big picture (based on known and unknown info), but the related comment was a long way from wholly unreasonable (based on known and unknown 

Anastasia or Miss Saigon?
 Dec 18 2017, 06:28:47 PM

I saw Lianah Sta Ana as well and thought she was quite good.  It took a little while for me to fully warm up to her, but I got there while still in the first act.  Going in knowing I would not be seeing Eva Noblezada, I wasn't too disappointed as I knew the London recording on DVD/Blu-ray (with Eva) will be released at some point....and could get the Blu-ray from Amazon UK anytime and play it on any Blu-ray player as it is not region coded.

I liked Anastasi

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/17/17
 Dec 18 2017, 05:38:32 PM

Warbucks2 said: "For a week where most shows took a dip, happy to see OOTI makinga slight increase over last week. I'm hopeful (and so far the numbers seem to be proving out) that this will continue to followa very similar word of mouth path to success as Come From Away - which had very similar numbers in its initial weeks and gradually kept growing and growing as more people discoveredhow incredible of a show it is."

Jarethan said: "Ac

The moral ambiguity of Dear Evan Hansen
 Oct 24 2017, 06:04:24 PM

bear88 said: "But go ahead. Beat up on fans of the closed show that lost investors millions and got deemed racist to boot."

Liza's Headband said: "
What shred of evidence do you have to evensuggestthis, much less proclaim it with such confidence?"

bear88 posted long response.

Liza's Headband said: "Somehow, through that unnecessarily long diatribe, you never even addressed m

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
 Oct 4 2017, 10:22:35 PM

perfectlymarvelous said, in part: "Broadway could and should be doing more to make every ensemble look like Great Comet's. Which is why I fail to understand and also disagree with this point in basically any context in which it could have occurred."

OK, but if an actual dialog amongst those with opposing view points could be had, maybe some common ground could be found.  Oak seems to be willing to talk now.  Maybe some understanding on Oak's part th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You