News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for electrakitty

electrakitty Profile Photo
Member Name: electrakitty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jesse L. Martin to play Marvin Gaye
 Feb 6 2006, 11:52:39 AM
I'm terribly excited for this too. I miiiiight've watched if it were Usher (He's not too hard to look at either), but I love Jesse so much that I will totally watch it (and buy it on DVD) since he's gonna be in it. Hooray for dreams coming true!
re: I have a makeup question!!!
 Feb 1 2006, 07:24:51 AM
Great advice, everybody! I'll defer to Alli's advice, since she knows more than I do, but I do have another thought. You might also think about Temptu. It's more expensive than Ben Nye, but it really really stays! It was developed for Rebecca Romijn-Stamos for Mystique in X-Men. We've used it quite a lot, and the only ones which there have been problems with are the metallics. They don't really stay on. The others won't come off 'til you use mineral oil or rubbing alcohol.
re: RENT quotes
 Jan 25 2006, 08:58:40 PM
I love the Collins/Angel "Darling, we're everything" exchange too, but I also love the preceding lines.
Angel: Alone at last
Collins(about Mark): He'll be back, I'll guarantee.
Angel: I've been hearing violins all night.
Collins: Anything to do with me? Are we a thing?
Angel: Darling, we're everything.

re: Songs from musicals that are SO good, you'd consider having a gender op
 Jan 22 2006, 01:55:56 PM
I wanna play. . .let's see. . .
"I'll Cover You (As either, but mostly Collins)" -Rent
"Getting Tall" -Nine (wouldn't need to switch race for that one either. . .already Italian)
"If You Were Gay" -(As Nicky)Avenue Q
Oh hell, the whole role of Angel in Rent (might as well go there)
Mostly, though it's good to be a girl :)

re: John Leguizamo
 Jan 15 2006, 02:31:36 AM
John Leguizamo is so on the top of my Phone Book List (those for whom I would stand out in the rain all night to hear them read the phone book in the morning)
re: Avenue Q Replacements (Puppeteers) Questions
 Jan 10 2006, 10:35:24 AM
Thanks for the Barrett interview. That boy is just too cute! I knew him like 10 years ago, and just loved him. He's too much!
re: RENT Film Onto DVD Feb 21 - Artwork & Specs Released!
 Jan 10 2006, 10:26:13 AM
Well, truth be known, I think that they already made the movie less dark and grungy and more cartoony than the stage version. It's already brighter in many ways, designwise, than the stage play, so I guess it would stand to reason that the DVD art would reflect that. Plus, the marketing thus far has been happy, bright, and friendly. It's not a good indicator of the actual story, but it's the sort of things that gets butts into seats (or not, in this case) and people to buy/rent DVDs. Though
the red track suit
 Jan 10 2006, 10:06:20 AM
LostLeander, from that post and your sig, I so so love you :)
re:sdm
 Jan 7 2006, 08:25:00 AM
For backstage summer stuff, you might look in ArtSearch to see if there's a summer stock near you who needs interns/apprentices.
re: Isn't it frustrating that none of your friends want to go see RENT beca
 Dec 24 2005, 03:07:52 PM
Actually, I've managed to get a number of my non-theatre-type friends (I actually have some now) to go with me to see it. Most of them have loved it. One or two are now psyched to see the stage show
re: Looking for pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker in OUAM
 Dec 21 2005, 11:54:13 PM
Wow, thanks! :)
re: Who's your favorite character from RENT?
 Dec 21 2005, 11:26:03 PM
Agreed, Angelbabe :)
re: Who's your favorite character from RENT?
 Dec 21 2005, 07:00:35 PM
Mine goes this way:
Angel
Collins
Mimi
the rest fairly evenly :)

Rent Attendance Anecdotes
 Dec 20 2005, 05:39:05 PM
Oh now there's a fun idea, IsolatingAge. I might have to see if I could do that. . .
 Dec 20 2005, 08:22:30 AM
I often stay 'til the end too, especially this one, with the songs over the credits. One time, the cleanup crew was waiting just inside the door and they were singing and dancing along too! :)
 Dec 19 2005, 10:36:38 PM
I went again on Friday and took my friend Tiera, who knew next to nothing about the show. All she really knew was from my Angel avatar which I use in another forum. Apparently, it interested her, 'cause she posted "I can't wait to see this movie to find out more about Angel." Anyway. . .she was completely absorbed from the very beginning. When Angel introduced himself to Collins, she actually gasped. Guess she didn't realize she was a drag queen when she saw the pictures. . .I thought it wa
re: Was that Barrett Foa dancing in Mattress last night?
 Dec 19 2005, 05:17:41 PM
Bummer, I shoulda watched more carefully!
Looking for pictures of Sarah Jessica Parker in OUAM
 Dec 19 2005, 03:28:18 PM
Anyone got any good pictures of Sarah as Fred? I have managed to find one only. . .any help, please? :)
Sarah

re: WOW - RENT DVD FEB. 21/2006!!!!
 Dec 18 2005, 08:48:59 AM
imdb has the Australian release date listed as March 2. Enjoy :)
re: WOW - RENT DVD FEB. 21/2006!!!!
 Dec 17 2005, 11:56:35 PM
Hey kids, let's try not to feed the trolls, ok?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You