News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for porgyandbess2011

Member Name: porgyandbess2011
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How is Trevor Nunn's PORGY & BESS?
 Jan 17 2012, 05:12:11 PM
Disgustingly bad.
SMASH- First episode is up for free on iTunes!
 Jan 16 2012, 05:53:54 PM
SHILL alert!
Porgy And Bess 1st Preview
 Dec 21 2011, 03:51:15 PM
RippedMan, I saw it and it was very good. Definitely worth a visit, especially with all of the great discount codes floating around.
 Dec 21 2011, 01:20:19 PM
Yeah I went to the first preview and I'm probably going to go back in a few weeks. The performances are not to be missed!
 Dec 21 2011, 01:05:21 PM
Having seen this production, I can confirm it is excellent.
DELETE THIS THREAD
 Dec 19 2011, 10:32:52 PM
Thank you for coming to my defense everyone. Clearly there are a lot of people who were as moved by Porgy and Bess as I was. Unfortunately the dissenters are a very vocal group and seem to have gerimandered the discussion.
DELETE THIS THREAD
 Dec 19 2011, 05:51:59 PM
Argh!!! "Proofreading!" There we go.

Anytway, in regards to the picture thing, I probably shouldn't for privacy's sake. And that would definitely be WAY off topic.

DELETE THIS THREAD
 Dec 19 2011, 05:36:23 PM
Woops! I meant to say "direct a show as well as Diane Paulus." I should do a little more proiofreading!

What do I have to do to prove I don't work for the show? Post a picture of myself!?

Can we please just get back to talking about the show and how artful it is?!

PORGY AND BESS = AMAZING!!!!!!
 Dec 19 2011, 04:03:40 PM
I apologize if I have made any of you angry. It was never my intention to do so. My opinions are my own. I have not been instructed or paid by anyone affiliated with Porgy and Bess to write them. They do not reflect the opinions or wishes of its producers, Jeffrey Richards, Jerry Frankel and Rebecca Gold.

To everyone who's like, "blah you made your account today!", I had no idea you can see when people join broadway world. Had I known, I would have joined weeks ago. I love Porgy and Bes

Dec 19 2011, 03:45:30 PM
First of all I’m only going to post three or four more times because the negativity of this “website” really upsets me.

From what I’ve inferred from your comments, you think I’m paid by the show to give my honest opinion of it? Break out your tin foil hats, you conspiracy nuts. It’s just as likely (if not more) that YOU were all paid by rival musicals to trash the show online. I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt because I love theater so much, but come on guys.

This

Dec 19 2011, 03:29:31 PM
Thank you for defending me, Goremsa2. It's nice to know there are true appreciators of real art starting to come out of the woodwork on broadwayworld.
 Dec 19 2011, 03:20:01 PM
First of all let me just say that this is going to be one of my last couple of posts because I’m so saddened by your behavior here. I don’t understand why people have such a problem with Porgy and Bess. All I can think of is that that they’re jealous they can’t write music like Diane Paulus did.

Look, this prodution means a lot to me. It has for a while and I honestly don’t know where I would be without it. Isn’t that what theater is about? Why it’s so special to all of us? All I know i

Dec 19 2011, 01:33:36 PM
I'm really disappointed by the behavior on this board. One person wants to share his impartial opinion of a show and you all attack him? For shame.

On a side note, I was also at hte first preview and it was on of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. True art the truest sense. Everyone there was crying and applauding by the end.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You