News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hateobnoxiousteens

Member Name: hateobnoxiousteens
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rent Bible Delivery
 Dec 30 2005, 09:21:19 PM
I was just at the Barnes and Noble store and the clerk told me they re-printed the Rent Bible and many were in stock. You might have better luck cancelling your order and going out and getting it at a store, I've seen it everywhere.
re: Original Cast of Rent question
 Dec 30 2005, 09:19:10 PM
Daphne Rubin Vega was the first to leave and she broke her contract, less than a year, then Idina, then Jesse then Taye, many months later Adam and Freddie left on the same day in November '97 and four weeks following Wilson left. Anthony stayed the longest Jan 4, 1998. None of them reprised their roles. Hope that helps.
re: Rent DVD - Does anyone have OFFICIAL word That Halloween, Goodbye Love
 Dec 30 2005, 05:50:51 PM
What i read in a draft of the script the second half of Goodbye Love takes place in the apartment. Roger storms in and starts packing and Mark follows, they fight and Mimi is outside the door listening to the fight and then comes in and sings "Goodbye Love", and then I believe Benny enters and the whole rehab dialogue.
re: Script Length
 Dec 30 2005, 05:46:29 PM
Being a film narrative screenwriter and director, this is very interesting, thanks for the info.
re: Lestat = Le Bad
 Dec 30 2005, 05:36:45 PM
There is too much backstory period for this to be faithful to the story of the Vampire Lestat. It cannot be done properly, I've asked and everyone who has seen this show says their isn't enough time to cover TWO novels which are both very indepth. I received a PM regarding this and caveat to all of the posters, I only speak about this from reading the books, the reviews and the posts on this board. So don't waste my time telling me to give it a chance. If i said I loved everything about the s
Producers is not Oscar or Award -worthy
 Dec 29 2005, 10:45:28 PM
beachman no laughs in my theatre either, I'm a huge Rent fan and came to terms with the fact (as I walked out of the theatre opening morning) that this film is not award worthy. I felt doubly so when I walked out of the Producers. The Producers will not get any oscar noms with the possible exception of a pity O. Song nomination.
re: What Musical SHOULD Spielberg Adapt?
 Dec 29 2005, 10:40:33 PM
Spielberg is overrated so i'd say NONE
re: RENT vs. PRODUCERS
 Dec 29 2005, 10:39:19 PM
So will this thread go on forever :) or is the original poster going to give tally results along the way (jk). I think Rent's winning but then again i've only skimmed. Happy Early New Year everyone! ("you can take the girl out of Hicksville but you can't take the Hicksville out of the girl") - sorry had to :)
re: Rent #18 on comingsoon.net's Terrible 20 list
 Dec 29 2005, 10:36:31 PM
My biggest gripe with this man's bit on Rent is that he equates gentrication with pleasant. It's the complete opposite for me. Alphabet city was one of the coolest places to hang before it was gentrified.
 Dec 29 2005, 10:32:21 PM
Evelyn - I'm glad you are giving Match Point a chance, it would be a shame to not see it cos of the trailer. It was Allen's long long long awaited comeback film.
Producers is not Oscar-worthy
 Dec 29 2005, 07:19:28 PM
Bill Mobley, im a filmmaker myself, and your use of the word "messages" is very vague, every narrative has an underlying message, regardless what genre of film it is.
re: LESTAT REVIEW! Must read.
 Dec 29 2005, 07:14:04 PM
Excellent review, it seems they got the books backwards doing Book II in Act 1 and a part of book I in Act 2. I'm still very very skeptical of this musical since I am a huge fan of the origianl three vampire chronicles. One question how old is Claudia in the play? She stays the same age throughout the play right?
re: Carrie the Musical
 Dec 29 2005, 07:00:35 PM
I saw Carrie in week one, I don't remember now but I think it lasted 3 weeks, which I think was too long, it was horrible in every way you can think, and I was hoping that something like Carrie would make people realize not everything can be turned into a musical. But once again, weve got Lestat to deal with now.
re: 'but no one in L.A. knows sh*t about theatre'
 Dec 29 2005, 06:56:47 PM
YouWantItWhen??? - I'm high on life and ALWAYS entertaining.
 Dec 29 2005, 06:55:25 PM
Match Point which is finally one of Woody Allen's greatest works and Loggerheads, which is one of the best movies I've seen this year is on that list. Who is that guy anyways? What credentials does he hold? Yes, Rent had MANY problems but was still one of the better movies of the year.
 Dec 29 2005, 06:52:50 PM
eslgr8 - I take this board seriously and have many thoughtful interchanges with people on many threads, this one however is filled with people like you that solely speak out of defenses and ENVY.
 Dec 29 2005, 06:50:05 PM
hey lite2shine - im a filmmaker and am in LA and SF for about 5 months out of the year sorry I don't go gaga over the majority of sh*tty musicals out there, but I give em a chance I see them, in NYC not some lame touring group.
 Dec 29 2005, 06:47:44 PM
You people are the saddest bunch of people on this board, I'm having a great time cos you're still talking about me! You've taken every bait I put out there, and it's your holier than thou attitude that has led to insults and bullsh*t. And sorry I'm not going anywhere, you're so easily riled, New Yorkers aren't.
 Dec 28 2005, 09:36:16 PM
Boys and Girls: In Southern California theres a place where everyone can be happy, it's the most beautiful place in the whole f***ing world. It's made of candy canes and planes and bright red choo choo trains, with the meanest little boys, and the most innocent little girls and you know I wish that I could go there, but its a road that I have not found for I am an elitist New Yorker who is blind to everything that is the JOY of Los Angeles. Praise the Lord Brothers and Sisters!
 Dec 28 2005, 09:16:10 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO, NOT ONLY DID YOU TAKE THE BAIT BUT YOU RAN WITH IT. I have lived in NYC, SF and LA all for extended periods of time and have had plenty of time to see what each city offers, I still go to LA and SF for half the year and spend the other half in NYC most years due to my line of work. Now trot down to the Beverly Center and meet up with your gal pals and go shopping LOL LOL LOL
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You