News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrsCurry

MrsCurry Profile Photo
Member Name: MrsCurry
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spamalot - Can someone help us London fans?
 Feb 20 2006, 08:03:34 AM
I'm not convinced he could be described as miserable during the run...(although; i dunno what goes on in the man's head; neither does anyone else but him...) But just reports from the last show he did in NY of his tears etc - I just wouldnt think he'd be crying if he couldnt wait to leave.

However - I am aware that he may have been crying because he realised he was 'too old for it' and it hit him that would be his last live performance ever. *breaks down in sobs* lol. Anyways - I'm goin

Feb 20 2006, 06:29:11 AM
hehe yep - they are rather concerning...

Ah well!

Spamalot - London Launch 2moro - Details?
 Feb 20 2006, 05:25:29 AM
I know this would probably fit better on the West End board - but more people who could help probably view this more active board.

I'm thinking of going to London 2moro for the press launch for Spamalot - I'm aware it'll be for press/people in the bussiness only - but I heard that tickets will go on sale only from the theatre and something about first 50 tickets win prizes? I'm not interested in being in the first 50 etc; but just that detail makes me wonder if there's some form of publ

Feb 19 2006, 11:28:36 AM
Thats just a mean thing to say lol. It's gonna be some screwed up case of 'he said yes and then changed his mind' etc. Hell - I'm still waiting on Billy Pearce or someone to fill the buggering role.
 Feb 19 2006, 10:00:05 AM
Hmmm. I know he missed a lot of shows etc ... but he was miserable? How do we know that?
 Feb 19 2006, 07:07:19 AM
Well - Having seen it...I totally disagree with you. And i sure as hell plan to 'waste' a lot of money and time on it :)
re: What's the name of that Broadway cast album record store in London?
 Feb 16 2006, 06:59:47 AM
Oh My - I'd never heard of this. Guess where i'm heading on Satuday? lol. Thanks!
 Feb 16 2006, 06:58:29 AM
Well now Simon's officially out of the running for opening the show - I must admit it's slightly worrying to go from two huge rumours (Tim then Simon) to none...

Come on Tim! Do it! Do it for meeeeeee!

Feb 15 2006, 03:36:49 PM
Ah mate. This is getting seriously deep man...

Great info never the less - cheers!

Feb 14 2006, 06:57:50 PM
Hmmm the more i think about this - I really want to know the possibilities of him actually going to London - why would he join the cast on Broadway only to leave so soon? Also - more info is needed about his supposed show at the National (also just as questionable if using the leaving Broadway so soon excuse...)

As you've probably guessed by my name/avatar i simply want to know my chances of Mr Curry reprising the role. I wish they didnt look so slim atm
re: The Women In Black
 Feb 14 2006, 06:52:13 PM
I guess it is very 'English' when you think about it...hmmm id never really considered that fact before. But with the whole historical setting etc - maybe that's why it didnt translate too well on Broadway.
 Feb 14 2006, 06:46:28 PM
Oh that's interesting...Thanks for that snippet chuck. As tescos say - Every little helps!
re: The Women In Black
 Feb 14 2006, 06:45:06 PM
I was sitting on the back row of the gods when i saw this (hey - gotta love a student..;o)) and the intimate feel was still evident all the way up there. As somewhat of a wet blanket - i expected it to be much scarier - since friends had described it as the scariest thing theyd ever seen. I didnt really find it that bad...

Although - it's a really awesome play. Nothing like the sound of hundreds of people screaming like little girls and then breaking into nervous laughter re: Spamalot - Can someone help us London fans?
 Feb 14 2006, 06:22:00 PM
Ah - Erm...Great casting there then...lol.

Feb 14 2006, 06:14:31 PM
Ah right cool. Ive heard that rumour too - only looked at a pic of her/never seen her perform. Why do you say of 'all people' then? ill agree that she doesnt look like the lady of the lake in my mind - but then again im pretty damn stuck on the image of Sara Ramirez in that role.
 Feb 14 2006, 06:09:07 PM
Just to bump/ask this question again? Anyone heard anything?

Thanks !

re: WTF? How could THIS happen?
 Feb 10 2006, 02:58:07 PM
I'm also glad it won - not for the humour or anything that people have attacked but for the actual singers on it. Sara Ramirez and Tim Curry in particular deserve the fact it won - simply because they gave such great vocal performances on the cd.

I didnt realise untill now just how 'hated' Spamalot appears to be...it's quite sad.

And can i just say; Lady Of The Lake - i love you man...I wish i had your way with words when replying to silly people on message boards. ;o)

Spamalot - Can someone help us London fans?
 Jan 28 2006, 07:13:56 AM
Hey!

I was wondering if any of you guys heading to see Spamalot soon, would be kind enough to speak to Simon Russell Beale at the stage door - and ask him if he is or is not to appear in the London production of the show?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You