News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CanadianSnowbird

CanadianSnowbird Profile Photo
Member Name: CanadianSnowbird
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Broadway lover stuck in the wrong city.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: ENCHANTED - references to classic disney animated musicals
 Nov 24 2007, 08:29:27 PM
I mentioned this one on the OT thread, but her first dress she made from the curtains had Mickey heads all over it.

Also her ballroom gown resembled Ariel, especially after she rescued Robert and they were both sitting in the rain.

re: Behind the Scenes: Getting Green with Wicked Leading Lady Julia Murney
 Feb 19 2007, 05:28:11 PM
Aww, she was so cute.
re: Online Cast Recordings
 Feb 2 2007, 08:26:34 AM
I still can't figure it out. I've clicked on everything.
re: RENT the movie: One Year Later? Your thoughts...
 Dec 31 2006, 06:02:10 PM
I live in Toronto and thought I knew a lot about the theatre and knew most of the musicals out there. I had never heard anything about Rent until I was in the theatres and saw a preview with eight people (mostly unknown to me) standing on a stage singing Seasons of Love. I like watching musicals, so I figured I would be able to convince my roommate to see it with me when it came out.

Then the build-up came. I started to listen to the music and figured out that I had recognized some v

re: In comes COMPANY....
 Oct 30 2006, 10:26:09 AM
I really want to get to NYC for this.
re: Are there any actresses that did Elphaba that could to the easilly do
 Oct 23 2006, 11:06:30 PM
I just saw Sho live yesterday, she definitely has the range for Glinda.
I dreamed a dream about this thread . . .
 Oct 22 2006, 09:02:01 PM
Today at Wicked in T.O. I got one of the typical responses it seems. "I wonder if they'll have the DVD available. You know the girl who played Glinda isn't on the CD?"
re: RENT Japan Tour
 Oct 22 2006, 11:21:56 AM
The three main cast members were actually part of the Rent national tour. Although the guy playing Roger was The Man/Gordon and only understudied for Roger. So they're not complete newcomers to the show. And, they're American, not Japanese .
re: Jonathan Larson wouldn't want RENT as it is today...
 Oct 9 2006, 01:56:43 AM
Get over it. Everyone dishes it out, but when it's their turn to take it they get defensive and pissy. Orangeskittles isn't the bitch of bww, there are plenty of people who make snarky comments that are unnecessary, skittles at least has points in hers.
re: Moments on Cast Recordings that drive you crazy
 Oct 1 2006, 04:24:04 PM
All the talking in Mamma Mia.
re: Hairspray Movie - First Look!
 Sep 5 2006, 11:00:45 PM
Hairspray at night. There will be more coming once my friend sends hers to me.

Sep 5 2006, 10:38:13 PM
My first discovery of Hairspray unfortunately happened after the show had left Toronto, so when I found out that they were filming here I decided that I would not let another opportunity pass me. So I dragged my best friend downtown with me for some shopping and snooping.

We started out at the Eatons Centre and then made the hour trek to the Dundas/Roesvalles location. We were beginning to wonder if we were ever going to make it when we started to see all of the old cars lining the

Sep 5 2006, 03:55:57 AM
I'm not exactly sure. My original plan was to go to work first, but I've unintentionally been up all night, so I'm not sure if I'll be going to work.
 Sep 4 2006, 10:32:09 PM
Alright, my plans are set and my camera is ready. I'll take as many pictures as I can.
 Sep 4 2006, 11:08:01 AM
Good. I was worried because I have to work until 4 and probably wouldn't be able to get downtown til around 6.
 Sep 4 2006, 11:01:39 AM
I'm hoping to make a trip downtown tomorrow evening to check out the sets and hope that maybe there's still some filming going on.
re: How has Rentrentrent changed your life...
 Sep 2 2006, 04:08:27 PM
I've been having a really ****ty weekend, I needed a good laugh.
re: Vocal overdubs on Broadway cast CDs
 Aug 15 2006, 11:20:46 AM
Also not an OBCR but Susan Egan does all the backup vocals and sings a duet with herself on her CD So Far... .
re: Ragtime Fans
 Aug 13 2006, 11:20:16 PM
I am completely obsessed with this show. Maybe because my name is Sarah, and I enjoying listening to Stokes sing my name. But it is an absolutely gorgeous score, I'm in the process of introducing my dad to it. I find it hard to pick one song that I like because I pretty much enjoy them all in their own different ways. I've actually just ordered the novel from Chapters and should be getting it this week :).
re: Raul Eye Candy!
 Aug 7 2006, 11:01:13 PM
I love this thread. Raul has some interesting costumes, my favourite is still the sack of lemons.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You