News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mridley2

Member Name: mridley2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 03:05:08 AM

hi Lempicka fans - Anyone know if Ms Espinoza went on Thurs evening? I stopped by the box office about 5pm and the friendly BO lady said she was scheduled to GO ON.  DID SHE?  How was she?  I ask because I have a friend in town and we have one slot left for Friday.  They only want to see this show on FRI 4/26 IF Ms. Espinoza is on.  NO understudies, THANKS for your info.

-mridley2

MOTHER PLAY seating question  Apr 22 2024, 06:39:46 PM

has anyone tried to get student rush tix for Mother? 2st sells student rush 2 hours before curtain. A student friend of mine did well with Appropriate and managed to get student rush one evening. Hoping we can get into Mother the same way.

Thank you thank you

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 11 2024, 12:33:20 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, MayAudraBlessYou2

in my experience paper is used to fill the audience so the production (actors, production staff, etc) can hone their show and make it better with a fuller audience.  I do understand usually paper is last minute and I try to keep a lot of flexibility in my schedule to allow for this.  And don't forget paper services rely on discretion though the producers cannot guarantee that people will not "gossip" It just seems odd to me that these shows IN PREVIEWS would rather play to a 40-50% house rather than offering some comps.  especially at critics performances.

I'm not a producer and I understand Broadway is a business, but still.  And yes I am looking for free shows. Everyone has the same access to papering services that I do. Sign up. pay a fee. check the web site throughout the day looking for interesting/compelling show offers.  I don't see this as being greedy at all.

SUFFS Previews  Apr 11 2024, 12:04:17 AM

Taub just doesn't understand how to execute this story in a way that feels active and interesting. Again, I haven't seen it on Broadway...I did at the Public...but the core concept of execution is flawed. It's like watching a book report.

This is exactly what I said to my theater companion after a preview on Saturday.  Taub needed a mentor or dramaturg or someone to help her shape this story.  It is bland, over stuffed, has no point of view, or character

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 10 2024, 08:54:57 AM

Question and I know this is a dicey subject online.  But I belong to  a couple of subscription papering services and have been utterly shocked at the lack of offers for low attendance shows: e.g. Lempicka, Rock & Roll, Patriots, Suffs, even Water has some performances at 30-40% capacity.

Curious to know where you friends are getting their comps? is it a friends of the cast or community groups that are getting tickets? 

Thanks

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 4 2024, 01:40:21 AM

exactly. and how many winners of those $25 Cabaret seats will there be for each performance? A lot of these lotteries are gimmicks to get people invested in seeing a show. Anyone claiming lottery is providing accessibility "at all price points" doesn't grasp the reality of the situation at hand.

e.g. The crazy BS that Sweeney Todd is doing at the Lunt-F is a prime example of this lottery bs. Nobody wins lotto but they do an aggressive "upsell rush" every morning

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 2 2024, 10:06:13 PM

One of the points made in this article I simply do not understand.  Quote: "And then labor is way up, in part because of concerns about health and well-being and equity,” she said, referring to concessions won by labor unions coming out of the pandemic such as increased safety regulations, diversity provisions, and paid sick leave."

I am not convinced this is true.  All of the close friends I have who work "in the biz" are NOT making substantiall

Chicago Rush  Jan 22 2023, 11:19:40 PM

Hi theater friends.  Anyone tried Chicago rush tickets with Jinkx Monsoon?  I see the show is selling fairly well last week (ending 1/15/23)  $627K and 91%. This was before Ms Monsoon  started on the 16th I believe. wowza!

I guess I'll just have to try.  Would love to see but won't splurge for full price... Any info is much appreciated.

Thx

-M

The Sound Inside TodayTix seats?  Oct 11 2019, 08:38:46 PM

HI All,

Looking for an affordable ticket to The Sound Inside.  TodayTix lottery seems to be the only rush option available.  That's $43 with fees. Not bad.

Are there other rush seats available?

Has anyone tried the today tix rush?  Where have then seats been?  I would hate to get stuck in the rear mezz of that cavernous theater for a more intimate show.  

Any experiences or recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

THE ROSE TATTOO Previews - SPOILERS  Oct 9 2019, 01:47:36 PM

I saw the show last night and sorry to say nothing has improved based on the comments i've read.  The first act is SLOW and TERRIBLE. AND LOUD.  Both my and my companion had headaches from the screaming children during at intermission.  And the set and lighting. oof.

I cannot speak to the 2nd act because we got the hell out of there toot suite. 

VernonGersch said: "Has anyone seen the show recently? This negative buzz is shattering

RUSH or Standing Room for Chappelle?  Jul 12 2019, 07:10:23 PM

Good News:
Dave Chappelle does have standing room if/when the show is sold out.  So far every night they have been sold out so odds are good.

Bad News:
Price is $75....  wowza. 

I'll think about it.  Stay cool

-M

RUSH or Standing Room for Chappelle?  Jul 7 2019, 01:57:53 PM

Hi everyone.

I know the Dave Chappelle's first show is not until Tuesday but I was wondering if anyone had any insight on rush or standing room policy for this show? 

Rush seems unlikely given the early advance/sell out of this show but you never know..?

Standing Room might be a better bet although i'm not sure if that effects the cell phone pouches they will be using.  It shouldn't but... ya never know. I know the Lunt-Fontanne has sta

Doll's House Part 2 midnight show  May 19 2017, 05:07:21 PM

anyone get a chance to attend the actor's fund performance of DH2?? Would love to read reports. 

I imagjbe the energy in the room was ecstatic!!

M

Alex Sharp Schedule  May 9 2015, 08:51:26 PM

Alex Sharp's performance was too affected for you?  I'm sorry. He's playing a kid with severe asperger's syndrome.  Perhaps you don't know enough about that disease. 100% of his movements, thoughts, emotions, responses, reactions are spot on.  So your complaint is nonsense.

About Mr. Sharp's schedule... I saw the matinee today and my playbill confirmed that Taylor is back to filling in Wednesday evenings and Sunday matinees.  The box office confirmed Alex was sc

The Visit Student Rush?  Apr 10 2015, 10:01:10 AM

I would like to try for student rush tickets for The Visit this weekend. Most likely on Sunday.

Anyone have any insight as to how early people are lining up?  Just curious what time I should arrive.  For Noon box office on Sunday, is 10/10:30am arrival early enough?  Thanks

SKYLIGHT rush seats  Mar 19 2015, 04:10:00 PM
has anyone tried YOUTH rush for this show? Looking at giving it a try this weekend and curious what to expect. What time to arrive, etc.

Thanks

Lady day sro  Aug 13 2014, 01:47:18 PM
Lady Day also has general rush for $40 each. That's the cheapest option with a reasonable guarantee they will have tickets for the show.
Looking for a buddy for Hedwig line for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday  Aug 12 2014, 04:22:29 PM
Not to be the bearer of bad news... but I think you will need to go MUCH earlier than 6am to have a chance at SRO. I'm thinking in the 3am or 4am range if not earlier. Also, I doubt they will have a full complement of SRO seats. I'm guessing closer to 10 spots as people close to the production come to see the show one last time before NPH leaves.

Lady Day rush?  Aug 11 2014, 10:36:55 AM
Just wanted to give an update on general rush for Lady Day.
This past Friday afternoon I stopped by the CITS box office to inquire about rush tickets for Saturday. The box office gentleman said they will have rush on any day unless the show is close to selling out in which case they would not offer rush.

He mentioned that Saturday's matinee was only a few seats away from sold out and that no rush would be offered. He added that the evening perf. has many open seats and would likely

Lady Day rush?  Aug 8 2014, 09:01:14 AM
Does anyone know if they sell rush tickets on Weekends for Lady Day? I'd like to see the show tomorrow but I've read mixed reports about rush tickets on weekends? Also any update on suggested time for arrival? I was thinking around 8AM but can do earlier if needed.

Thanks
-MR

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You