News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025

Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025

ElephantLoveMedley
#2Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:06am

Wow. Insanely good casting, both for this show and from a commercial/box office perspective.

RUkiddingme
#3Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:13am

And the world can breathe a sigh of relief!  Revivals of Annie and Glengarry taking up space.  Thank goodness there are so many creative producers out there taking chances.

thatdarnzach
#4Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:13am

I fell asleep halfway through the press announcement. Enjoy your $600 seats, everyone.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#5Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:15am

I’m torn between “Ugh, ANOTHER revival?” and “Bill Burr definitely piqued my interest here”

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

nasty_khakis
#6Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:20am

So we shut out Laura Osnes for her Trump-ism but not Mamet for his? The man has said some pretty gross things pretty recently.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#7Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:20am

Wake me when this changes into the Amy Morton-led all-female revival.

Eddie Hirsch
#8Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:24am

I really like this play but even more so the casting.  It's spot-on.   That's one of the hottest trio of stars to come to Broadway in a long, long time.  Oh, wait a minute, I forgot about American Buffalo and Laurence Fishburne, Sam Rockwell and Darren Criss.    Mamet sure can write the roles that attract exciting actors...

Owen22
#9Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:25am

ColorTheHours048 said: "Wake me when this changes into the Amy Morton-led all-female revival."

He's such an awful misogynist he would probably never let that happen!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#10Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:36am

Has Mamet ever revised the stage show to include the “sales representative meeting” from the film? 

I think Mamet has to be the only playwright whose best remembered and most infinitely quoted and referenced material is all from a scene that appears only in the film version. It’s a good play, but that scene in the film is better than any scene in the show.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#11Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 10:46am

"Always Be Closing" is prominently featured on the show's official site, so it's probably a safe bet that they're adding that scene.

Updated On: 8/8/24 at 10:46 AM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#12Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 11:22am

The only similar situation I can think of is Balderson/Deane’s “Dracula,” where the stage show did not contain the castle scene with all the iconic lines. When the play and film are both public domain next year, you can bet it’s getting added in.

schubox
#13Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 11:24am

TaffyDavenport said: ""Always Be Closing" is plastered all over the show's official site, so it's probably a safe bet that they're adding that scene."

What is the official site? I can't seem to find it

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#15Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 12:29pm

nasty_khakis said: "So we shut out Laura Osnes for her Trump-ism but not Mamet for his? The man has said some pretty gross things pretty recently."

While I would love for Mamet to stop getting produced, he actually means something to the box office, which Osnes never did. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

GottaGetAGimmick420
#16Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 12:31pm

What I want to know is how Jeffrey Richards keeps getting these theaters and these casts!

I'm just here so I don't get fined

gibsons2
#17Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 12:33pm

Broadway season 2024-2025 has a tight grip on my Amex. First, Denzel and now Bob Odenkirk. LFG!

Updated On: 8/8/24 at 12:33 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#18Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 1:13pm

thatdarnzach said: "I fell asleep halfway through the press announcement. Enjoy your $600 seats, everyone."

Same. Like nothing could be less interesting. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#19Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 1:44pm

Sutton Ross said: "thatdarnzach said: "I fell asleep halfway through the press announcement. Enjoy your $600 seats, everyone."

Same. Like nothing could be less interesting.
"

Also, the play is only 80 or 85 minutes long, so that's like like $7 per minute of entertainment, lol.

Regarding "cancelling" Mamet...I agree that he is a real POS, but his plays are all about sh*tty people, so maybe that adds to the experience? 

Broadway61004
#20Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 2:44pm

TaffyDavenport said: ""Always Be Closing" is prominently featured on the show's official site, so it's probably a safe bet that they're adding that scene."

I highly doubt that. Mamet has always been super protective of this work and hasn't allowed a single word to be changed. I can't imagine him suddenly inserting a new scene now. Especially since they didn't include it in the prior 2 revivals, both of which were long after the movie came out. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#21Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 2:46pm

David Mamet is one of the most horrible people both from a political stand point and creative perspective.  The fact that Richards and Gold - not to mention Marber - are keen to dive into this play is a disgrace.   I understand the economics of Broadway but surely there was another revival (god forbid taking a chance on a NEW play with that level of talent - minus Barr). 

Mamet was always overrated in my opinion.  From Speed The Plow to this to Oleanna.  Hey, let's put some more white entitled men on stage.... 

His recent work out of LA got roasted over the coals because he is washed up POS playwright.  And too bad Richards is going to be lining his TRUMPER pockets.   

verywellthensigh
#22Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:02pm

From Strindberg to Robbins to Osborne to Mamet there will always be not-nice people working in the theater.  Where's this hysteria and calls for censure when the right-leaning Stoppard has a revival in NY?

The enduring art will live on long past anyone's purity test and there's nothing you can do about it. 

Updated On: 8/8/24 at 03:02 PM

thatdarnzach
#23Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:06pm

But will we be charged $25,000 if we talk about the play on here, or is that just for post-show discussions?

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#24Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:07pm

Good grief, how many times are we going to revive this play??? And do we seriously need ANY more Mamet on Broadway after all his BS?

A friendly reminder of his quotes/beliefs as of late:

"Now we have kindergarteners being trained in a bizarre catechism of sexual identity politics." 

"What we have is kids not only being indoctrinated but groomed, in a very real sense, by people who are, whether they know it or not, sexual predators. Are they abusing the kids physically? No, I don't think so. But they are abusing them mentally and using sex to do so. This has always been the problem with education. Teachers are inclined, particularly men because men are predators, to pedophilia." 

"society needs to get pruned and we need to cut off the diseased parts and go back to individual control of our own destiny. That’s called freedom."

Girl, BYE.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Kieran Culkin, Bob Odenkirk & Bill Burr Will Lead GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS on Broadway, Spring 2025
Posted: 8/8/24 at 3:48pm

And now he gets another platform during an election period. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos