News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for matt1982

Member Name: matt1982
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Discounts  Aug 1 2022, 08:59:08 PM

Any codes for Leopoldstadt out there yet?

Phantom TDF Seat Location  Aug 1 2022, 12:44:32 PM

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any ideas as to where recent TDF seats have been for Phantom.  I've been wanting to make a return visit since it reopened in the fall.  

Thanks!

Phylicia Rashad Returning To Broadway In SKELETON CREW This December.  Jun 7 2021, 10:11:38 AM

I was already looking forward to seeing this, but this casting is icing on the cake!  

Theatre for American Utopia?  Jun 7 2021, 10:10:44 AM

American Utopia has been selling tickets (specific seats/rows) with no theatre named.  Is it headed back to the Hudson?  If so, what does that mean for Plaza Suite?

Just curious.  Thanks in advance!

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 09:25:43 PM

If this is in fact true, what would that mean for a reopen of Mrs. Doubtfire?  Both are directed by Jerry Zaks.

The League To Announce Broadway Canceled The Rest Of The Year?  Jun 22 2020, 06:58:51 PM

It's definitely sad.  But my positive takeaway is that that's another 6 months of money I'll save on theatre tickets, not to mention dinners out and cocktails in NYC.  Hey, it's always good to find some sort of silver lining.

NYC Can Start Phase 2 Re-Opening on Monday 6/22  Jun 17 2020, 02:42:09 PM

Philly entered their "yellow" phase of reopening this past week which included outdoor dining.  I went to lunch on Sunday and felt very comfortable with the way things were handled.  This was my first time out in Philly in months and I will say that the vast majority of people were masked and people were being respectful.  The city has had relatively low numbers and I hope it stays that way.  

NJ started outdoor dining on Monday.  From what I hea

Where will theatre reopen in the country first?  Jun 17 2020, 02:37:25 PM

Several of the larger regionals in Philly (Arden, Wilma, Philadelphia Theatre Company) have announced productions with no dates.  The Arden has expressly said they will not start until early 2021.  The other 2 have said they will start as soon as they can.  Smart move not putting dates on anything so they can be flexible.  

However, some companies here still have things scheduled for September/October, so who knows!  

Kelli O'Hara in a new musical  Jun 13 2020, 12:57:30 PM

cliffordbradshaw2 said: ""Days of Wine and Roses," score by Adam Guettel, book by Craig Lucas, directed by Bartlett Sher, and also starring Brian d'Arcy James?"

This sounds great!  Can't wait to see it down the road.  I always love Kelli, but my favorite roles from her were in 2 original musicals - Bridges and Far From Heaven.  

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 13 2020, 12:55:47 PM

My first Broadway show was Les Miz at the Imperial in 1992.  Rachel York was Fantine.  

My first national tour was Into the Woods at the Forrest Theatre in Philly in 1990.  Betsy Joslyn was the Witch.  

I still have the Playbills for both!

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jun 12 2020, 11:00:13 AM

I found Shuffle Along to be one of the most brilliant and thrilling pieces of musical theatre I have ever seen and it should have won best musical in 2016.

Dear Evan Hansen did not make me cry once.  In fact I rolled my eyes.  

I found Cynthia Erivo to be very average in The Color Purple.  

I enjoyed the Sally Field Glass Menagerie more than the Cherry Jones production.  In fact, Joe Mantello was the greatest Tom I've seen onstage. &

On 6/9 Patti Said Company Won't Start In September  Jun 10 2020, 02:34:36 PM

Dollypop said: "I do think performing arts groups will try to be up and running by December. The NYC BALLET depends on 6 weeks of sold-out performances of THE NUTCRACKER for its revenue. The same is pretty much true for Radio City Music Hall and its CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR. The New York Philharmonic needs the boost its sell-out performances of THE MESDIAH as well."

The NY Philharmonic has cancelled through January 5, 2021.  

If NYC Ballet cancels The N

On 6/9 Patti Said Company Won't Start In September  Jun 10 2020, 12:42:15 PM

I just read a great Op Ed in the NY Times arguing that America has failed the marshmallow test, the idea that if you give a child 1 marshmallow, but promise them a second if they can wait 15 minutes.  All about delayed gratification.  

I am sincerely hoping that Broadway will pass the marshmallow test.  

What Broadway Play Do You Regret Not Seeing?  Jun 10 2020, 08:12:26 AM

The Little Foxes (Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon)

Les Liaisons Dangereuses (Janet McTeer and Liev Schriber)

Jitney (2017 revival)

Significant Other 

The Trip to Bountiful

Disgraced

Touring houses near NYC?  Jun 9 2020, 10:25:02 AM

Philadelphia is a relatively short train ride away.  I think it's about 75 minutes on Amtrak.  I live in South Jersey just outside of Philly and look at NYC as very close by, getting in a few tikes a month.  

Philadelphia is an amazing city, especially if you are visiting the US.  It's the birthplace of our nation.  There are lots of great historical sites and museums and some amazing restaurants.  

Not sure when you are planning t

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?  Jun 5 2020, 06:29:27 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I’ve been wondering if ALW will try to implement the same safety measures for POTO on Broadway, that he’s talking about for his UK theatres."

If things go well in his UK theatres, I'm sure he'd pitch them to the Shuberts.

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?  Jun 5 2020, 04:41:53 PM

It is entirely possible that the producers of Phantom have a target date in their minds and a potential plan.  That plan could well be mid December.  However, the producers really have little to no control.  If the city says no, than they'll have to wait.  What I have learned over the last three months is that we really shouldn't have expectations for what will happen tomorrow, let alone 6 months from now. It's ever changing.  

I will say, it&#

Phantom's future schedule on Telecharge?  Jun 4 2020, 02:24:05 PM

What's interesting is that they don't have a single matinee on their schedule from mid December through August.  I can get the 1 show a day concept, but I can't fathom a show like Phantom wouldn't have at least one matinee performance.

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 3 2020, 04:24:52 PM

We know we are getting Plaza Suite and MJ.

I think Company, Six, and Mrs. Doubtfire will officially open.  If the actors are available, I can see The Lehman Trilogy opening.  

Of long runners, Wicked, Phantom, Chicago, The Lion King, and Aladdin will likely be back.  Probably Moulin Rouge, Come From Away, and Evan Hansen.  

I'll be interested to see what the non profits do.  Will Roundabout still produce Birthday Candles and Caroline

Examples of shows that turned it around  Jun 3 2020, 03:50:00 PM

I'm pretty sure Movin Out was a bit of a disaster in Chicago.  Twyla Tharp retooled and it was a hit on Broadway.

Once a show goes into NY previews, I think it is hard to make substantial changes.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You