News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wherethehorizonlies

wherethehorizonlies Profile Photo
Member Name: wherethehorizonlies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favorite Broadway Show Logo
 Mar 13 2007, 05:05:47 PM
Love the piazza one!!
re: Fun Broadway Game---How far can you go?
 Jun 20 2006, 09:55:26 AM
Nathan Lane
re: Confusing 'Piazza' lyrics
 Jun 20 2006, 09:52:58 AM
Interesting...I always thought that it did refer to Signor and Signora when I saw the show originally (almost a year ago now!) and on the CD - Signor's behavior is echoed by Guiseppe's and it also sets up the possibility for the event (which I will not disclose in case anyone hasn't seen the show) after "Let's Walk".

And it supports one of the show's theme's - forgiveness...even though Signora knows that Signor cheats on her, she loves him and forgives him as Franca does Guiseppe as we

re: Guilty Pleasure Scores
 Apr 11 2006, 09:46:47 PM
J + H
Scarlet Pimpernel
Earnest in Love (oh a handbag, a handbag is not a proper mother...)
Witches of Eastwick

re: The wisdom of Sondheim
 Apr 11 2006, 09:43:58 PM
if you know what you need
then to get what you want
better see that you keep what you have
~ITW

but alone is alone, not alive
~Company

some roads are soft and some are bumpy
some roads you really fly
some roads are rough and leave you jumpy
why make it tough by getting grumpy
plenty of roads to try
~Merrily We Roll Along

Raggedy Ann: The Musical
 Apr 11 2006, 07:51:01 PM
we saw this horrible horrible review six or seven years ago @ Papermill called Up, Up and Away and it was absolutely aweful!

also, caught Jerry Springer the rock opera in London which was complete crap

re: What show do you think has OR had the best scenery??
 Apr 11 2006, 07:49:26 PM
Piazza - so glorious
Sweeney Todd - simple but really really effective
Festen - perfectly simple, shame it didn't transfer well

re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard
 Apr 11 2006, 07:44:15 PM
in no particular order

Piazza
Little Night Music
Ragtime
Sweeney Todd

re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
 Apr 8 2006, 10:32:58 PM
I second a lot already mention and add:
Another Night at Darryl's from Witches of Eastwick....hot!

re: Munk's FESTEN review
 Mar 31 2006, 10:07:03 PM
I'm so sad that ms. mcgraw isn't good - the mother is my favorite part and was played brilliantly in London (that production was hands-down the best piece of theatre I've ever seen)glad to hear that the rest wasn't too bad

great review!

re: 'Bad ' Musicals You Enjoyed
 Mar 28 2006, 10:04:14 PM
well now that we've brought enough awkward for everyone....kidding, kidding

yes- there were 3 versions of SP - the Doug Sills, Christine Andreas, Terrence Mann version found on the OBC, then the Doug Sills, Rachel York, and I'll be damned if I can remember who played Chauvelin version found on the 2nd cast recording (they switched around some numbers, ruined Storybook by using it to open the show, added another number in Storybook's place...not impressive)and finally the Ron Bohmer, Car

re: 'Bad ' Musicals You Enjoyed
 Mar 28 2006, 06:52:30 PM
I was (and still am I suppose) a huge Scarlet Pimpernel fan - saw all three versions!

also, the first time I was in London I caught Witches of Eastwick and still love it to pieces although it's not the best written musical

re: movies that feature musical numbers
 Feb 28 2006, 07:24:23 PM
in the Imposters - awesome movie

there are a couple of songs and the credits are choreographed

re: Victoria Clark Love
 Feb 5 2006, 12:23:36 AM
marin...i love the piazza quote in your profile - one of my favorites from the show!

i'm all about the vicki clark love fest

one of the best actresses i've seen in a long time - so completely truthful...really moved me - I knew i was watching something amazing from the minute she walked onstage (and she looks fabulous in all her costumes!)

re: MARY POPPINS Broadway Artwork Revealed...
 Feb 4 2006, 04:08:00 PM
I'm happy that it's coming I just hope that they keep the same feeling of the London version and don't cheapen it

and i'm not going to lie, this logo change makes me a little nervous - i was a fan of the other version i thought it fit the show very well

we'll see...

re: Thoughts on the new Sweeney Recording.
 Feb 4 2006, 04:04:51 PM
Kgee - 10 points for you! that was well stated and I agree completely

:)

re: WIW - disbelief & ticked off
 Feb 4 2006, 03:59:29 PM
i can't believe that one of their reasons was sickness - that's crap...maria friedman gets props for continuing to work as much as she can and i don't know what's up with michael but it surely isn't his fault

i mean, i'm not a fan of the show by any means (although Lammastide is an interesting number)but don't blame the closing on maria and michael

re: Shows you wish were back on Broadway or shows you wish you could have s
 Jan 31 2006, 10:10:13 PM
Parade
Ragtime
Gypsy (w/ BP)

re: Cast Recordings That Took You Years to Fall in Love WIth
 Jan 31 2006, 10:08:24 PM
I'm not going to lie, it took me a really long time to get into Sweeney Todd. A friend had lent me the video of the original and I watched about 30 seconds and was way too freaked out to keep watching it. Then another friend sent me the OBCR for my birthday and it took me awhile to listen and even then I only would listen to the first disk...thankfully I've moved on, absolutly love it and am currently listening to the new recording (which I love!!) as we speak...

also A Little Night Mus

re: High school's 'Urinetown' offends NH prudes
 Jan 29 2006, 01:57:22 AM
to sort of thread jack (as I am prone to do) and jump back quite a few comments - a school wasn't allowed to do Oliver b/c Nancy was too much of a whore? what about the fact that she was beaten to death by her lover? hello?

not that I approve of censoring shows, I certainly do not...c'mon folks - it's Oliver...it is the family show - there are 500 children in it, but if you absolutly must forbid someone from doing it you better have a good reason - Nancy wasn't a whore, she didn't sleep

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You