News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Paulyd

Paulyd Profile Photo
Member Name: Paulyd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Mis - teaser trailer for the Cannes Film Festival.  May 13 2012, 07:28:08 PM
It sure is crazy. I'd advice people, if you dont have a pass do not go to Cannes during the festival, as you need it to see any films and most of the areas are restricted. There are some great films this year though.
Les Mis - teaser trailer for the Cannes Film Festival.  May 13 2012, 12:53:25 PM
I would assume they will be releasing the film in the US and UK, and it might have already been pre bought in other territories.
Les Mis - teaser trailer for the Cannes Film Festival.  May 13 2012, 12:01:20 PM
I doubt there will be a public screening in Cannes. Universal will probably have footage to show investors only. I'm out in Cannes for the second week of the festival, so if I find out more i'll report back.

Tom Hooper directing 'Les Miserables' film  Jan 3 2012, 08:32:16 PM
According to Twitchfilm.com Amanda Seyfried has been offered the role of Cosette. Not too sure how true this is.
left GODSPELL at intermission  Oct 24 2011, 03:48:17 PM
Is this production really that bad?
Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature  Jul 18 2010, 07:16:30 AM
Well I think this is ****ing brilliant and not the least bit offensive.
Carey Mulligan in My Fair Lady Movie Musical  Mar 29 2010, 07:55:24 PM
The original maybe stagey, but that adds to it's charm. You'd be hard pressed to find a couple to best Harrison and Hepburn.

The question to ask is if a remake has any commercial potential today. After the mess that was NINE, studios will be very reluctant to sink 100 million into any musical project, even one so well known as this.

It will always be compared to the original, and even though so many people on here have commented that it was too studio bound, she was dubbed

I was hoping 'Every Little Step' would have been nominated this morning...  Feb 2 2010, 02:41:20 PM
It's a really strong category this year, and with the list that has been chosen,it didn't stand a chance.
re: NINE - The Movie Musical - Review Thread  Dec 18 2009, 06:18:33 PM
Once again i feel that Marshall's cinematographer Dion Bebbe (who won an Oscar for Chicago) has bailed him out again. You cant fault the look of this film, which makes up for some shoddy direction in places.

The only serious weak link for me was Kidman who was just abysmal. On the plus side Marion (as usual) was amazing and threatened to steal the film away from Day-Lewis, and watching 'Be Italian' in its full glory was breathtaking.

Go to the biggest cinema with a loud so

re: ANN MARGRET TV SPECIALS DVD !  Oct 12 2009, 01:30:53 AM
I wish they would release the full specials from Mitzi Gaynor. Razzle Dazzle is hardly ever out of my DVD player, but i'm itching to watch the specials in full
re: Filming A Little Night Music  Oct 2 2009, 12:08:24 PM
This is unlikely, but if the revival works on Broadway i wouldnt rule out another film version. Zeta Jones could do with a hit film and this might just be the vehicle.
re: Fiddler on the Roof... a classic?  Aug 19 2009, 04:30:50 AM
I saw a production of Fiddler with Topol in the early 90's at the London Palladium and it was pretty poor to say the least. Topol(who is now probably the right age to play the part) was fantastic but the rest of the show was awful
re: David Mamet to Bring Us Another Anne Frank Film  Aug 12 2009, 09:23:44 AM
I'd love to see what Mamet would bring to it, but as the rights for any screen versions are extremely rare i wouldn't hold my breath over this, not since this years BBC show which has been touted as the best and most accurate version ever.
re: RIALTO CHATTER: JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR To Be 'Resurrected' On Film?  Aug 2 2009, 04:35:53 PM
i assume they'll sit on Wicked for a good few years yet. There's no reason for them to make it at the moment while the show is still doing so well,but even when they do decide to make it i'm sure whoever they decide to cast i'm sure many posters will fill up these threads with disgust.

re: RIALTO CHATTER: JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR To Be 'Resurrected' On Film?  Aug 2 2009, 04:00:23 PM
So after 'Mamma Mia' Universal want to make some more bucks out of another stage musical.

Great idea but JCS not not be the best idea. Have they forgotten what made 'Mamma Mia' such a hit. Might have been the music off Abba.

If i was them i'd chose another jukebox musical that has the potential to work around the globe. It might be a tricky task, but i wouldnt mind seeing The Jersey Boys directed by Scorsese.

re: Pulver, Berresse, Hoff, Collver And More Join Knight in CTG's 'PARADE',  Jun 23 2009, 05:12:10 PM
I'll see you there Scripps2
re: Pulver, Berresse, Hoff, Collver And More Join Knight in CTG's 'PARADE',  Jun 23 2009, 04:39:53 PM
This was fantastic in London. Well worth seeing if you can. I hope this does transfer
re: New Fame Trailer  Jun 17 2009, 08:33:19 AM
The original movie stands up surprisingly well today. This horrendous remake is about 4 years too late. After all these trashy 'Step Up' movies it just seems old news
re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE  May 5 2009, 03:20:10 PM
I've just sat through a new movie teen indie movie called Dare, which has an original movie score by Duncan Sheik. The film itself is overloaded which Broadway names - Alan Cumming, Cady Huffman, Ana Gasteyer and even Sandra Bernhard makes an appearance. Shame it's lead star is Emmy Rossum. Not a bad little film anyway. Not too sure when it's out though
re: I think 30 Rock should do an hourlong musical episode.  Apr 26 2009, 08:43:53 AM
Milf Island - The Musical
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You