News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ramsay15

ramsay15 Profile Photo
Member Name: ramsay15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BANDSTAND will close September 17th
 Aug 9 2017, 05:32:42 PM

hmph said: "Would anyone be kind enough to briefly describe what changed between the Paper Mill production and the current production? 

I am a diehard fan of BANDSTAND.  Among the many changes from the Paper Mill  productionthat I noticed: The introductory scene was changed, the ending scene was changed.  Story was simplified with the elimination of characters (Cory's father and mother, his girlfriend).  Songs in first act were d

What's next for the Bernard Jacobs?
 Oct 31 2016, 04:00:01 PM

The Play That Goes Wrong in all likelihood will be at the Lyceum.

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway
 Sep 2 2016, 05:59:40 PM

MinnieFay said:  Except he didn't "produce" anything on ALTAR BOYZ.  He transferred it from NYMF.  And he did even less on AVENUE Q --- on that he's just a hired hand. He's never been anything more than a "marketer" --- and a terrible one at that.
I disagree with your comment about ALTAR BOYZ.  Ken and Robyn Goodman took a production performed 8 times during the 2004 NYMF festival and gave it a life Off-Broadway.

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Returning to Broadway
 Sep 1 2016, 04:27:53 PM

In a bit of fairness to Ken, he was one of the two lead producers on Altar Boyz and did the marketing for the show.   True, it was Off-Broadway, but the show ran for 5 years, had a tour and made money for its investors. He continues to general manage Avenue Q Off-Broadway. 

Republicats
 Dec 16 2015, 02:16:17 PM

Does anyone know who is behind Officialrug.com?   There was a hysterical and highly satirical video posted on Broadway World on December 14th called "Republicats"   The video has been removed with a notice that it was removed due to a copyright infringement claim from officialrug.  Is officialrug an entity controlled by Andrew Lloyd Webber?.  

Lazarus
 Dec 9 2015, 10:34:51 PM

Just saw the show tonight.  One of the most painful experiences I have ever had in the theatre.  Of the 50+ shows I've seen this year, in my opinion it is the worst.  

ALLEGIANCE Reviews
 Nov 9 2015, 04:37:34 PM

Pootie2 said: "This does appear to be a cast-carried show, so having those stars should help (for now). As posited in the preview thread, the underlying artistic issues that kept surfacing in certain feedback were probably entirely "fixable" only by changing director, writer, and composer, which obviously wouldn't happen.

I think that It was more difficult to be objective and to really fix the book, music and lyrics of Allegiance when the principals

Allegiance Previews
 Nov 5 2015, 07:46:08 PM

responding to WhizzerMarvin and ScaryWarhol:

I have not seen Allegiance as yet.  But based upon familiarity with  the finances other Broadway shows, I estimate that the weekly nut of Allegiance is around $650K before royalties, taking into account the fact that there is a cast of over 30.  (Matilda - @$750K; Cinderella @$600-650K; If/Then @$$600-650K).  In the four weeks it has been running, the show's gross

Broadway Seating
 Nov 5 2015, 06:57:25 PM

For Finding Neverland, I would go with the first row mezzanine. 

Jerry Springer-The Opera
 Nov 4 2015, 02:18:39 PM

I saw the show at the National Theatre in 2003 and then again twice in 2004/05 after it transferred to the West End.  David Bedella delivered a great performance as the warm up man/Satan and well deserved the Olivier Award that year.  Although I loved the show, I found the second act to be something of a letdown from the excellence of the first (similar to my experience with Something Rotten).  I question whether it would appeal to a broad audience today

Farinelli & the King- Mark Rylance
 Nov 2 2015, 01:58:48 PM

I saw Farinelli & the King at the Duke of York's Theatre three weeks ago.  It is a terrific production and a very interesting story.  Mark Rylance gives a great performance.  But, in a way, the opera singer (two of three singers alternate) who plays Farinelli's singing double is the star of the show.  Melody Dowd, who plays the Queen, is outstanding, as well.  Any theatre-lover who goes to London and can get a ticket, should make a point

China Doll Previews Thread
 Oct 30 2015, 02:52:58 PM

The word I am hearing is that some producers of the show are pushing to postpone the opening date in order to maximize grosses before the reviews come out.  Has anyone else heard that?

Start Spreading The News: NYC Dec 26-29
 Oct 30 2015, 01:35:24 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: Therefore, my interest in "Allegiance" is genuine.  I would rather see it for myself and see what I think of it.  I'm not about to let some theatre critic/reviewer determine what I should see.  That decision is all mine. 

Fair enough.  My comment was more oriented to your picking one show over others given a limited amount of time for your visit.  Personally, I make a point of seeing every show on Broad

Start Spreading The News: NYC Dec 26-29
 Oct 29 2015, 05:32:33 PM

If you are still thinking of taking in Allegiance, I suggest you wait to buy tickets until after the reviews come out.

Dames at Sea - good for kids?
 Oct 29 2015, 05:27:36 PM

In my opinion it's a great show for kids. in addition to the dancing, they'll love the wrecking ball.

The Bandstand - Papermill
 Oct 27 2015, 03:03:24 PM

After hearing Roma Torre's very positive review on NY1 on Saturday, I went to see the Sunday evening performance.  I very much enjoyed the show and see great potential for it.  As Roma correctly (in my opinion) stated, all of the building blocks are there, they just need some rearranging.  I don't agree with criticism about the music at all.  To my ears, the songs are distinctive and tuneful.  There are some great melodies and the lyrics truly move the book al

Next for Nederlander
 Oct 25 2015, 08:41:44 PM

Amelie?

China Doll Previews Thread
 Oct 23 2015, 12:32:52 PM

SeathLeaf2 said: I'll probably get skewered here because in full disclosure I'm part of the production, but I feel protective because this is a brand new play that has been on its feet for exactly two performances. You don't really get to do an out of town trial with a movie star but more importantly, give it a minute to find its rhythm because there some compelling material there which seemed overlooked by those who saw it so far.

I sympathize with SeathLeaf. 

Why Does Michael Riedel hate Hamilton?
 Oct 23 2015, 12:05:37 PM

HogansHero said: "ramsay15 said: "Maybe Reidel hates Hamilton because of all the never-ending hype: such as four or five postings a day on Playbill.  By the way, what is Lin Manuel's temperature today?  Has it gone down from 102 degrees?"

Let me pose a question or two: what if it isn't hype? what if it is (as many here and elsewhere have asserted), actually that good? 

I happen to believe that it is. I happen to believe that it is mor

Why Does Michael Riedel hate Hamilton?
 Oct 21 2015, 03:18:55 PM

Maybe Reidel hates Hamilton because of all the never-ending hype: such as four or five postings a day on Playbill.  By the way, what is Lin Manuel's temperature today?  Has it gone down from 102 degrees?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You