News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aaronb

aaronb Profile Photo
Member Name: aaronb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theatre in Chicago  May 9 2017, 10:30:59 PM

I saw 3C when it was in New York and thought it was terrific.  It had some legal problems with the owners of Three's Company and I didn't think it would get any regional revivals.  I'd recommend seeing it if you can.

Has anybody seen 4:48 Psychosis?  Oct 24 2014, 06:14:07 PM
I think Michael Billington nailed it when he asked, "How do you judge a 75-minute suicide note?"
Best show now  Oct 24 2014, 06:10:10 PM
DISGRACED is the best play on Broadway right now, but I haven't seen THE REAL THING yet.
Suggestions  Mar 10 2014, 03:50:28 PM
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING will be playing for free in the Park in June.
Bountiful to become Lifetime TV movie  Mar 10 2014, 02:45:45 AM
I think Cuba Gooding Jr. is actually a fairly good actor who has admittedly done some terrible work. I thought he was great in MACHETE KILLS and perfectly fine in THE TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL.
A Raisin in the Sun Previews  Mar 10 2014, 02:43:15 AM
Yikes. I still want to catch this, though, since I've only seen the movie.

Also, I thought Sean Combs was pretty good in MONSTER'S BALL.

57 Varieties  Mar 10 2014, 02:41:11 AM
I agree with others that it was too long--and I sometimes have problems with Churchill--but I thought it was a decent show. Definitely could have cut, say, the rock throwing skit.

"Often, these scenes are virtuosic performances of minimalism; in fewer than two minutes, Ms. Churchill has us invested in characters that another writer could use to build an entire play. At its best, it examines extreme people in ordinary moments—like a woman, her face spotted with zit cream, berating her h

Off-Broadway suggestions  Mar 10 2014, 02:32:06 AM
I would go with A DOLL'S HOUSE at BAM if that gets extended again. Terrific production.
Shakespeare in the park 2014  Jan 22 2014, 04:21:39 PM
I just hope there are two Shakespeares this year.
Frank Langella as King Lear  Jan 18 2014, 09:26:59 PM
I understand what you mean, but I quoted something he said in an interview to make a point about the experience of his performance--if he thought Lear didn't understand love but still managed to move me, I wouldn't really care.

And you're right, Isabella Laughland was pretty weak; there was no particular reason I didn't mention it.

Frank Langella as King Lear  Jan 17 2014, 09:52:19 PM
I love Frank Langella and think he is a terrific actor, so yes, I would suspect it has something to do with the direction.
Frank Langella as King Lear  Jan 17 2014, 05:23:49 PM
I was really disappointed.

"I fully expected to love Frank Langella’s King Lear. After all, aging movie stars may be even better candidates for the role than those versed in Shakespeare. Saturated for decades in shallow adulation, applauded for their every move, they have far more to fear in losing what Mr. Langella calls our 'metaphorical crown[s],' the 'props we all use to justify our existence.' Moreover, with his powerful gravitas, his Nixon jowls, and his cue ball head sparsely

NOISES OFF revival...  Jan 17 2014, 03:14:56 PM
Yeeeeeaaahhhh!
OUR best of 2013 lists  Dec 28 2013, 04:36:55 PM
A little late, but here's mine:

1. TWELFTH NIGHT
2. A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM
3. JEKYLL & HYDE
4. THE TWO-CHARACTER PLAY
5. AFTER THE FALL
6. BAD JEWS
7. THE GOOD PERSON OF SZECHWAN
8. RICHARD III
9. MARIE ANTOINETTE
10. THE NANCE

Best Death of a Salesman film adaptation?  Dec 28 2013, 04:34:19 PM
Gotta disagree. There are few actors I love as much as Dustin Hoffman, but he was an awful Willy Loman. Though I haven't seen it, I suspect the Lee J. Cobb is the best.
OUR Worst of 2013 Lists  Dec 8 2013, 06:15:32 PM
I liked JEKYLL & HYDE...
which show to see  Dec 8 2013, 06:15:04 PM
No question. TWELFTH NIGHT.
OUR Worst of 2013 Lists  Dec 8 2013, 04:58:19 AM
I actually think Clive was the worst.

Without a doubt.

Need Help Picking 3rd Show  Dec 8 2013, 04:55:42 AM
TWELFTH NIGHT!
Julie Taymor's Midsummer Night's Dream Reviews  Nov 24 2013, 07:08:54 PM
Yeah, when I saw it there was about a 20 minute delay after the intermission. Wouldn't be surprised if someone was injured. But you should really try and see it if you have the chance. It was worth the wait.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You