News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for samantha2

samantha2 Profile Photo
Member Name: samantha2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Favorite Soundtracks
 Aug 25 2007, 11:57:17 PM
Oklahoma
The Full Monty
Bright Lights Big City

Just love listening to Patrick Wilson sing!!!

re: Dangerous Drought of Dashing Men on Broadway
 Aug 8 2006, 12:55:59 AM
Dashing Men on Broadway?? We definately need Patrick Wison back on stage. Such a dashing man!
re: PERFECT Cast Recordings
 Aug 4 2006, 12:55:42 AM
The Full Monty OBC
Jesus Christ Superstar
Bright Lights Big City
Rent
Phantom of the Opera

re: The Full Monty....ending (possible spoiler)
 Jul 25 2006, 03:46:27 PM
The character of Dave definately needs to be a bit over weight or what happens to him, the turmoil he goes through doesn't work. There is the song he sings to his mid section and "The Goods" song that refers to all of the character's short comings (he's fat, he's old, he's skinny, he's bald, he's old, he's got pimples on his a......). All the character's have some sort of a flaw. That's what makes the play so wonderful. They are just ordinary people!!!.

In case it wasn't obvious

re: What Show Do You Love That Was Not A Giant Hit?
 Jul 25 2006, 03:25:56 PM
"Barefoot in the Park" (most recent revival)
re: The Full Monty....ending (possible spoiler)
 Jul 20 2006, 11:12:05 AM
The whole point of "The Full Monty" is telling each of the character's stories which all leads up to the strip scene at the end and using the necessary lighting really makes that scene work tastefull! Exposing the characters nude and in full light would really take away from the whole experience.

I saw this play done regionally and being from a conservative state such as Utah, I didn't think that the cast would go for the full monty. I was disappointed with the thought that they would

re: BROADWAY Survey
 Jul 20 2006, 10:48:46 AM
Name 10 of your favorite Broadway shows

1. The Full Monty
2. Jesus Christ Superstar (Ted Neeley one)
3. Oklahoma
4. Bright Lights Big City
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. Rent
7. Evita
8. Carousel
9. A Chorus Line
10. The Sound of Music

Have you ever seen these shows live? If so, where?
A few of them, but never in NY.
Jesus Christ Superstar, Oklahoma, Phamtom were tours in SLC.
The Full Monty - Utah theater in Park City

re: Broadway Stars That You Would Like To Take A Picture With
 Jul 19 2006, 07:53:09 PM
Patrick Wilson. I understand he is the nicest, sweetest man you could ever meet and is very patient with his fans (of which I am a very big one!)
re: Fav. actress/ actor in a musical
 Jul 15 2006, 06:47:19 PM
Without a doubt;

Patrick Wilson in "The Full Monty!"

re: Broadway actors you wish had soloalbums
 Jul 13 2006, 04:13:28 AM
Patrick Wilson. I adore his voice!
re: Delicious Voices . . .
 Jun 19 2006, 06:08:10 PM
Julie Andrews
Sherie Rene Scott
Gavin Creel
Jessie L. Martin
My favorite of all:
Patrick Wilson (What an amazing voice)!

re: JCS Ted Neeley's Farewell Tour
 Jun 16 2006, 07:40:44 PM
I also saw the Ted Neeley/Carl Anderson farewell tour in the '90's twice. Both were memorable experiences for me, the second one especially when my family and I met Ted Neeley and his two children at the stage door. He was so wonderful in both performances and will always be the only one to play the role of Jesus. He has one of the most beautiful and mezmerizing voices I have ever heard.
Carl was there for the first performance as was Dennis DeYoung. They were wonderful. I adored Carl's

re: Stage Door Experiences - What's That All About?
 Jun 14 2006, 03:21:16 AM
Moxie, whether it is a community theater, regional theater or Broadway, all the stars/actors enjoy meeting the fans at the stage door. My son has done musical theater here in Utah as well as sound for the Grand theater and they always greet the fans after a performance.

I also know that Patrick Wilson is wonderful with the fans after his performances, always staying to talk, do a photo op and sign autographs. You really should join in. It's great fun to meet the stars and perfo

re: Tonys online
 Jun 11 2006, 01:56:30 PM
I don't know of any online broadcast, but Playbill.com will be doing up-to-the-minute reports from backstage. I think that might be the closest to a broadcast there is. Sorry.
re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
 Jun 10 2006, 04:31:23 AM
I would love to see this show, but not possible when I live so far away. It is really hard to think of anyone singing the role of "Jamie" other than Patrick Wilson. I adore the concept album. It's my absolute favorite. Patrick Wilson sings with such power and emotion and his voice is totally mezmerizing!
re: Broadway performer's hometowns
 Jun 10 2006, 04:00:44 AM
Patrick Wilson was born in Norfork, Virginia, but was raised in St. Petersberg, Florida.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You