pixeltracker

I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...

I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#0I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:36pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=9826

I don't know too much about the show, didn't see the 99' version, but I do have the concept album and it's really great. I still think I'm hallucinating that Andy and Orfeh are in a show together. I'm so excited!! It's also nice to know what Kushnier is up to.

colleen_lee
#1re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:39pm

Plus one of our own BWWers is in the show:
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=897973&dt=6

I am wondering if they're using the original script as it was when it ran originally or an updated version (sans the narrator).

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#2re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:39pm

At least you live on the east coast. re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater... . Finally, a show where I can commend the casting. Love all three of them.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:41pm

are karl and orfeh a couple in real life?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#4re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:44pm

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=529949

Here's the Broadway.com announcement as well. Muscle, I believe they've been married since Saturday Night Fever days, or soon thereafter.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#5re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:44pm

They're married, Muscle.

I really would love to see this. I love the concept album.

BreeDaniel Profile Photo
BreeDaniel
#6re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:46pm

The cast for the album ain't too shabby either. I'm going to pick it up.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#7re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:50pm

stafford Arima emailed me and said that some changes have been made since the cd. also, Paul Scott Goodman will be there during rehearsals, so, I am guessing things will be changed.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
Updated On: 5/21/06 at 02:50 PM

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#8re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:53pm

yea the studio cast recording is very good

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#9re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 2:56pm

Pipin, are there plans to bring this in? Going by the people involved,(Arima, Goodman), looks like there's more to it.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#10re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 3:02pm

well, I have a feeling the Kurt Deustch, who has produced it since it's inception has bigger plans for it than just the Prince, but I am not sure. Will have to wait and see what happens with this production. but based on some of the people working on the show, I think that your presumption is correct.

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#11re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 3:05pm

I'm so excited for this. Finally something I don't have to travel two hours to see! It's only about a half hour from me, so no doubt I will go see it, especially when it has Andy and Orfeh in it.

RentBoy86
#12re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 3:41pm

I will travel 10hrs to see this. Cannot wait!

colleen_lee
#13re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 3:43pm

I just opened this thread as my iTunes (which is on shuffle) started playing the title track to Bright Lights, Big City.

Good stuff.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

RentBoy86
#14re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 4:14pm

Just found out its 14 hrs. Ouch. I still really want to go. Hm...

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#15re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:06pm

I bought tickets back in January for this before any word came out about casting and when I saw this announcement I damn near flipped!!! I can't wait to see this...it's funny because whenever I think of Clara I think of Christine Ebersole (from the concept album)....I can't wait to see what Orfeh does with the role vocally!!

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#16re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:36pm

JANUARY?! Wow, Newphilos, you had a major jump on the rest of us. I love Christine Ebersol but I imagine I'll go nuts once I hear Orfeh sing those songs.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#17re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:40pm

ruprecht...I was listening to the CD and was scoping out the upcoming seasons for the Philadelphia theaters, and I saw BLBC at the Prince and immediately bought tickets lol...

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#18re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/21/06 at 6:50pm

Love the CD. Will be in New York the week previews begin and my friend in NY and I are talking about going down to Philly, which is my home town, and seeing the show while I am there. I am flying in from Denver.

Just give the world Love.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#19re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:03am

I'm going to get my tickets as soon as I can. I don't know how well it's going to do but I do know it's a really short run and I don't want to miss it. Maybe Al's right, maybe they are planning on bringing it in, why else would it be so quick in Philly? (wishful thinking)

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#20re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:39am

Do you think it'll sell out? Thinking about driving to Philly from NYC to try my hand at student rush...though it's a gamble, I'm a poor student!!

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#21re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 9:59am

I'm really excited. I think Orfeh and Andy Karl are TERIFFIC, and seeing them on stage in the same show is going to be great!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#22re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 12:29pm

I love the score to BLBC and would seriously go just to hear Jeremy Kushnier sing it. God, I love him.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

#23re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 1:41pm

Awesome..i am in town visiting the family at that time, so I can get to see it! Sounds like it'll be good, as I know not a thing about the show.

Yay Philly!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#24re: I guess, I have to take a trip to the Prince Theater...
Posted: 5/22/06 at 2:00pm

Orfeh is playing Clara? That's odd. I'd assumed that she was playing Vicky, the female lead. That would make more sense. Nevertheless, I grew up just outside of Philly and saw many shows at the Prince in my youth. It's a beautiful theatre.

Videos