News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayPhil

BroadwayPhil Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayPhil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see
 Aug 28 2007, 08:48:19 AM
Lucky to see was "Dance of the Vampires' .. I loved it, almost had a fight with the wife to get her to go back in for the second act.

Seen plenty of others, but his was notable.

re: Young Frankenstein - small clips of show on Seattle news website
 Aug 23 2007, 02:50:54 PM
GREAT !! Thanks for the link. "Together again for the first time" looks like a riot. And I've been secretly in love with Sutton Foster for quite a while.
re: What month are you going to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway?
 Aug 23 2007, 09:45:56 AM
OCT 22 aisle seat in the balcony... I'm excited
re: Drowsy Chaperone - Won the Lottery and thoughts
 May 25 2007, 10:12:13 AM
I loved Drowsy.. perfect show to take Mom for Mom's day. Saw Grey gardens week before, not near as good for entertainment value.

re: my trip to nyc (Chicago, Drowsy, Grey Gardens, Mary Poppins)
 May 18 2007, 02:45:04 PM
Took my Mom to Drowsey last night (late Mom's day present) Loved it... whole lot of fun. Saw Grey Gardens few weeks ago... blah.. almost walked out, was just too long and book was very weak.
re: Cabaret returns to Studio 54
 May 2 2007, 01:07:23 PM
Well I missed it last time around and have since fell in love with the recording with Cummings. I'll definatly will be going !!
re: Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens.
 Apr 27 2007, 03:32:54 PM
Saw GG last week.. Alone. Still processing. Glad I didn't drag anybody else to see it with me. Too long. Great performance by Christine, but book a bit shallow IMO and songs were just OK.
re: Going To The Theatre Alone
 Apr 26 2007, 08:36:07 AM
I do alot too... I can see more obscure stuff that I wouldn'd take people to. Save the more popular stuff for groups or a date. Plenty of folks go alone
re: Patti Lupone
 Jan 25 2006, 11:39:44 AM
I'm gonna try to see this next tuesday night.. I did not love LaPone on the DVD concert .. but loved her in Sunset Bullivard... so will try to go in with an open mind..
re: Favorite Sweeney Todd Quote
 Jan 23 2006, 09:48:59 AM
"Freinds.... you shall drip rubies" chilling moment from My Friends. Duet with Mrs. Lovett

re: Did we act too soon about movie musicals?
 Dec 21 2005, 09:58:02 AM
Musical movies are only good for the DVD's that will follow ..nuff said. Great for us Home theater geeks..
The sound for Chicago is wonderful in 5.1. I'll buy Rent, the Producers for sure.

re: Jane Eyre is awesome
 Dec 21 2005, 09:02:16 AM
K... fixed.. I'm a lousy speller. Saw the one tune 'Sirens' on the Toney's that year and was impressed. Wish I saw this..
Jane Eyre is awesome
 Dec 20 2005, 04:19:15 PM
Bought this CD, Since many here have good things to say. Really like it. Great performances, very nice music. I'll be listening to this for a while. Thanks !! and Happy Holidays..

Glenn Close preferred...Loved ur comment muscle23
 Nov 28 2005, 08:54:58 AM
Wow, gotta get the OBC with Close. I Have and really like the London cast CD. Glen Close performance on the ALW celibration DVD is just awsume, she is a great actor, more than makes up for her vocals. Special to watch, she steals the show.
re: 'I Don't Care Much'
 Oct 27 2005, 04:45:54 PM
Just recently got the '98 CD. Never seen the show. Love this song and the whole CD. Good thread .. need to see this show.
re: Best IN MY LIFE review ever
 Oct 25 2005, 01:44:20 PM
Was in the city last week. (Won Lottery for Wicked BTW) Was given a 4 song CD from "In my Life". The last song "When she danced" I liked, the rest really boring. Great bed time CD putting my 3 year old to sleep. It works!
re: My visit with SWEENEY TODD (2nd Preview)
 Oct 5 2005, 03:51:33 PM
Well my wife has no interest in this. I'm going to play hookey from work next Wendsday and catch the train into the city for the mattenee. I had my doughts but think I will like this production. Great reviews folks.
good point
 Dec 22 2004, 04:59:07 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this !!
Tallest Man on Broadway
 Dec 21 2004, 04:07:46 PM
Tom Hewitt is 6'3". Met him after Dracula preview. Since I'm 6'4" I told him it was good to see more tall guys on Broadway.
re: Broderick in Brighton Beach
 Aug 24 2004, 11:05:44 PM
I saw this show way back '83 sounds about right, could have been MB just didn't know it or care at the time. Cool !
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You