News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hapadancer

hapadancer Profile Photo
Member Name: hapadancer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My friend got cast in Dreamgirls movie! :)
 Oct 4 2005, 04:07:38 AM
Ya think you can get who got Effie out of him, Popular? And also ask if Usher backed out?
re: Hardest You've Ever Cried During A Song?
 Jul 16 2005, 12:43:37 AM
I soo forgot fro Ti Moune's funeral to the end of ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. I've seen it sooo many times, from the first OOOOHHHH TI MOUNE...I'm completely gone!

COME VIST ME @ www.myspace.com/imaikalani

re: Hardest You've Ever Cried During A Song?
 Jul 16 2005, 12:38:46 AM
I have to agree with the Wicked fans...I knew the songs back and front by the time I went to the Pantages...So I stated crying out of sorrow during FOR GOOD, but when I saw the you know who come back as the you know who and get you know who from the you know where...I gasped and laughed and cried again...just like watcing STEEL MAGBOLIAS.

Another time..was the Phantom Move at the end when he places the rose on the grave...I LOST IT!!!!

Never mind, ON MY OWN (Les Miz), I'D GIVE

re: Favorite New Broadway Song
 May 16 2005, 04:44:06 AM
Most Definitely...

ONCE UPON A TIME from Brooklyn

re: Jamie Foxx and Usher Join Dreamgirls Film
 May 16 2005, 04:40:58 AM
I have read this whole thread and it is hilarious...I am a former DREAMGIRLS cast member and know the show very well...so far the casting is on point..the only problem if any, would be Eddie Murphy as Thunder Early...it could work and be the comic relief. I would actually love to see Jennifer Hudson or even Frenchie Davis be Effie...the audition notices said Effie should be full-figured not obese. Funny. It also said that all 3 girls should be able to play from age 16 and up...AND lastly Fant
No noms for Brooklyn
 May 11 2005, 04:54:03 AM
I live out in Los Angeles and ever since I heard ONCE UPON A TIME at Thanksgiving...I fell in love with it. I purchased the CD and was very moved by the story and music. Everyone did a fantastic job! I'm sorry there is much hatred for the show...STEEL MAGNOLIAS didn't get any either which I am sad about. BTW, did DESSA ROSE open in time for Tony consideration. Because I read on playbill.com, the Christina Applegate made it to the show a day before Tony consideration ended. To me, how unfai
re: What if a musical ended differently?
 May 9 2005, 02:41:30 AM
Loved the ONCE ON THIS ISLAND one..here's mine...

DREAMGIRLS

Deena: (sings) Believe me Effie, I never knew what Curtis was doing to you..I'm sorry, I'm sorry we had to meet like this, how many times, oh Effie, how many time I wanted to see you

Effie: Shut up bitch...(Effie pulls a gun and shoots her and Effie walks off humming STEPPIN TO THE BAD SIDE...)

Curtain

re: 'And I'm Tellling You' butchered
 May 9 2005, 02:38:23 AM
Actually - vocally they were not bad...BUT I would not have done it like that...LOL! Must've been some damn MAN for all 4 to sing it!!! LOL! I'm looking forward to the Dreamgirls Movie.

Take Care,
Johnny
DREAMGIRLS Hawaii Cast 1989

re: A CHORUS LINE logo
 May 9 2005, 02:17:43 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ADDING THE Audition rejects. Waaaaay back in da day 1988. ACL was my very first professional show. I was Butch. I understudied, Bobby, Gregg and Mark. It was with the American Theater Company Hawaii and us undestudies got paid just as much as the lead, which pissed them off when they found out...LOL! Aaaaaah, such memories! I wish y'all nothing but the best of luck. My director was the late Tommy Aguilar (original London/L.A. cast Paul), he was one of Michael Benn
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You