News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BeadleDeedle

BeadleDeedle Profile Photo
Member Name: BeadleDeedle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019  Nov 2 2018, 09:08:14 PM
You’re being ridiculous, HogansHero. Going out on tour usually causes a huge shake up in one’s life. When I did it I gave up my apartment and put my whole life in storage. I would have been financially shattered if what happened here had happened to me. Read Bradley Dean’s post if you haven’t.
Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jul 7 2018, 12:10:42 AM
@z5:
“Damn, you seem more concerned and obsessed with your thread than anything. Is this like your greatest accomplishment?”

A Director:
“Guess you don’t have much going on in your life”

That’s bullying. You didn’t have to say these things. You chose to be cruel. I’m sure the OP doesn’t need me sticking up for them but how about you guys go get a life.

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Jul 6 2018, 11:25:22 PM
In a thread discussing the possibilty of a man being bullied so bad he turned to suicide, A Director and @z5 decide to bully the OP. Truly despicable.
Attendance for Spongebob  Jun 24 2018, 10:14:41 PM
He’s played all the performances the last two weeks. And he’s going on a much deserved vacation next week. Chill.
Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread  Jun 10 2018, 02:29:42 AM
^ geez, what a Squidward
Will any mean girls cast members be on SNL tonight?  May 19 2018, 07:22:28 PM

BrodyFosse123 

<<edited by BWW staff>> Lohan has hosted SNL four times. Most recently in 2012. Producer Lorne Michaels is very supportive of Lohan even with all her hot mess and always provides her a platform. The cast also has said she knows better so she’s upmost professional during her week with the show. "

They were definitely talking about Mean Girls, not SNL. It was widely reported that Lohan was “snubbed

How Much Longer Does ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Have?  May 13 2018, 05:28:47 PM

dearalanaaaa said: "I'm waiting until they give out comps to paper the house. Sounds like a disaster. Even SpongeBob is doing better!"

Well, Spongebob is critically acclaimed and nominated for 12 Tonys so that makes sense.

Spongebob- enjoyable for adult not bringing kids?  May 7 2018, 12:24:15 PM

Comden Green said: 

And yet, how is one to know that it is more than a kids show?"

Read the reviews? Do a minimal amount of research on its creation/creative team?

Who is closing post tony nominations?  May 2 2018, 11:56:37 PM

They might have the money, but no smart company will keep an unprofitable endeavor going. They will likely tour, but I can't see why it's a smart business move for Nickelodeon to keep SpongeBob running if it isn't on track to recoup soon."

Because its a giant advertisement for a Viacom property (not to mention a major critical success) in the heart of Times Square. And even if its not quickly recouping it is still bringing in money. Als

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 6 2018, 11:38:40 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "Joshua Henry is a baritone."

Not to my ear. He bailed on several lower notes at the ends of phrases. He sounded like a tenor taking on a “covered” operatic affectation to try and sound more legit. Along with his very amateurish acting, it led to a thoroughly unconvincing performance. IMO. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 2 2018, 01:53:31 AM
I got there around 5 for the first preview and got 4th row far house left. I think you’ll be fine
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Feb 28 2018, 11:25:01 PM
Louise still asks Julie if its possible for someone to hit you and it not hurt at all, but Julie’s response has been cut. It was awkward.

Ugh, I really didn’t enjoy this at all.

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Feb 28 2018, 11:10:45 PM

I didn’t enjoy it very much at all. Henry is in fine voice but his acting felt very amatuerish. No chemistry with Jessie Mueller who, while also in great voice, seemed adrift without a strong scene partner to connect to. Lindsay Mendez comes off the best, making a great first impression with “Mister Snow” and some wonderfully specific comedy and dialect work. Alex Gemignani sounds great but with “Geraniums in the Window” apparently being cut his character had no

The struggling SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS  Feb 13 2018, 01:09:07 PM
Well I wrote “almost unanimously positive” not just unanimously, but you knew that. My reading of the reviews are that they are mostly positive. Even the reviews that lean mixed still come across much more positive than not. But there is no science to grading reviews as you imply, so let’s not be idiots and just agree to disagree
The struggling SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS  Feb 13 2018, 12:34:52 PM
Well, that quote alone might qualify as “mixed at best” but it would be disingenuous to base the entire review on that segment.Brantley had many positive things to say and clearly had a good time. Showscore has Brantley’s review listed at a 70. For the show overall they have 79% of critic reviews listed as positive, 19% as mixed, and only 2% as negative. Now we can quibble over my use of “almost unanimously positive” and Showscore as a resource, but based on my reading of the major reviews I’m c
The struggling SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS  Feb 13 2018, 12:00:06 PM
RippedMan (one of the cringiest user names on here) it’s one thing to not like it. But to say it “sucked” when it got almost unanimously positive reviews reflects more on your bad taste and boorishness than anything.
Spongebob just rocked that performance on the parade  Nov 24 2017, 09:37:27 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "The show sucks and is a cheap attempt to make money. However the box office seems to prove that their scheme isn't working all that well. I mean this as no disrespect to the performers, who are trying their best, but the show is poorly written, long, and boring. Their Macy's performance came off as a joke. It makes a mockery of Broadway."

You're, uh, welcome to your opinion and everything but you're wrong. If you know

Ben Platt Makes 2017 TIME 100  Apr 20 2017, 10:24:19 AM

This guy must have the best publicist nepotism can buy

Oh, Hello RUSH  Nov 28 2016, 11:30:52 PM

Bump! Anyone rush recently? 

Last I Heard...  Nov 20 2016, 05:55:46 PM

Also, he was in no way HARRASSED. Watch the video. My God, some people just insist on living their lives fact-free

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You