News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for iHeartMyGeek

iHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
Member Name: iHeartMyGeek
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Scary Poppins
 Oct 18 2006, 07:44:00 AM
THat certainly does sem an odd choice for such a famously light-hearted commodity like Mary Poppins. I'm not sure why they are so adament about keeping it in when it's making pretty mcuh everyone uncomfortable.
re: The Last 5 Years love
 Oct 12 2006, 10:14:42 PM
This show's cast recording has a special place in my heart becuase I received it for Christmas last year, the same day that I found out that my father and stepmother were getting divorced. Listening to it really helped me get through that and move on, and heal. It's an amazing score, the only musical theater my mother will actually listen to, and one of my very favorite shows.

The Next Ten Minutes is going to be my wedding song.

re: Paige Davis from Trading Spaces
 Aug 25 2006, 06:57:14 PM
I saw her in a tour of The Sound Of Music as Maria. She was actually very very good. I've always liked her and I really enjoyed her performance and loved her voice.
re: re: re: The one B'Way song stuck in your head?
 Aug 25 2006, 04:15:56 PM
Oh, but I woke up this morning with "A Way Back To Then" (particularly the end, which always makes me cry) from Title Of Show stuck in my head. Ugh...that song always makes me so emotional and it just kept playing over and over again.
re: re: re: The one B'Way song stuck in your head?
 Aug 25 2006, 04:12:38 PM
it seems like I wake up every monring with "Happy New Year B" from Rent in my head, just at the part where Benny shows up, until the end of the song.
re: Popular shows you have yet to see.
 Aug 17 2006, 01:40:02 PM
I shorter list would be the popular musicals I have seen.

Wicked
Rent
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast

That's pretty much it.

re: Musical Theatre Pet Peeves
 Aug 17 2006, 12:59:24 PM
I hate it when womenn tease their hair to be relaly big before they go to the theater. My mother and I went to see The Wedding Singer, it was teh only show we were going to get to see on that trip. And the woman sitting in front of my mother's hair was massive. It was teased up into a huge poof. And my poor mother couldn't see anything. she had to lean to the side for the whole two and a half hours of the performance. She had such bad neck problems for days after that.
re: comedic audition songs for women
 Aug 12 2006, 05:59:06 PM
"A Summer In Ohio" from L5Y would also be really good.
re: Most overdone audition songs right now
 Aug 9 2006, 04:00:02 PM
Yeah, my frieind auditioned for our school musical last year and said she heard quite a few songs from Millie, and I've heard of a couple people who did songs from Rent (Seasons Of Love and One Song Glory) and from Grease as well. Also, quite a few things for Hair.
re: What's the time?
 Aug 6 2006, 01:30:28 PM
My boyfriend and I do that all the time. I introduced him to RENT last year and now we have our weird little Rent things that we do. When we're on the phone and one of asks "What's the time?" the other one always sings "Well it's gotta be close to midnight..." And then we'll just start singing.

It's weird to hear your boyfriend sing "I wanna put on a tight skirt and flirt with a stranger" though.

re: Songs That Could Pass For 'Non-Show Tunes'
 Jul 29 2006, 09:48:06 PM
THere are a few songs from L5Y that might work, my mother hates showtunes and she actually got through the whole of that cast recording and actually liked a few of the songs (namely "Goodbye Until Tomorrow" and "The Next Ten Minutes") so maybe try some of those.
re: PERFECT Cast Recordings
 Jul 28 2006, 08:51:06 AM
The only two recordings I can honestly say that I never skip songs from are Sweeney and L5Y. As much as I love Wedding Singer, I do skip songs sometimes.

Well, actuallly, tha't snot true anymore. I used to skip songs. Ever since I actually saw it onstage I don't anymore. But that's not merely based on the recording, so it doesn't count.

Even the RENT OBCR I skip most of the voicemails, in SWIWS I skip most of the second act, and I never cared for "Real Life" from TTB. Li

re: Wedding Singer Rumor
 Jul 26 2006, 06:42:54 PM
I think I would have to kill myself if this ever happeed.

I loathe Hilary Duff with a passion only reserved for talentless makeup-caked drama queen Disney stars. She is possibly one of the least talented people in Hollywood and honestly, I would never see a show she was in. I love The Wedding Singer and not only is she too young to play anyone in that show, she would ruin it. She does not have the talent to do it. Maybe wiht the help of lots and lots of computer work her voice can s

re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
 Jul 24 2006, 10:34:51 PM
-you and a friend are standing outside on a chilly evening and she says "You're shivering." And without missing a beat, you sing, "It's nothing, they turned off my heat, and I'm just a little weak on my feet. Would you light my candle?"

And then she joins you.

And she picks up Roger's part and you sing Mimi and you go through the whole rest of the song at the top of your lungs together on the street corner.

Ahhh, good times.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/23/2006
 Jul 24 2006, 10:11:53 PM
I feel really guilty now for not seeing Sweeney when I was in NYC this weekend. But like you guys said, I was already having a bad weekend and I didn't want something depressing. So I saw Wedding Singer. Sweeney was my second choice, though. And my mother told me that if I find out Sweeney's going to close she'll take me up to NYC to see it before that happens. I just hope it can hang in there! Such a shame...
re: wedding songs...
 Jul 19 2006, 08:10:09 PM
"The NExt Ten Minutes" from L5Y. It's going to be my wedding song.
re: Worst B-Way show On now
 Jul 17 2006, 01:21:46 PM
I don't get to see a lot of shows, as I don't live in New York. So I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't seen either of the two shows I'll mention, I've just heard the music. PotO and Spamalot. Spamalot was charming the first, like, three listens through and then it just got to be obnoxious. I just can't stand listening to Phantom at all. It's so annoying.

And Wicked, while not being the worst show on Broadway, is probably up there with the most obnoxious. That I HAVE seen

shows in which you'd love their to be rush
 Jul 12 2006, 06:28:38 PM
Tx, I was waiting for somoene to make that joke...
re: ADAM PASCAL's winter scarf from RENT film....
 Jun 23 2006, 10:14:47 PM
OMGzzzz SweetQ I ame llyk soooo totally pshced!!! I sooo cannot wait to bid on this!!!
re: ADAM PASCAL's winter scarf from RENT film....
 Jun 23 2006, 05:14:14 PM
Okay....*gets herself ready for next bidding*
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You