News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kk holiday

kk holiday Profile Photo
Member Name: kk holiday
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Not fair not fair not fair!
 Sep 23 2008, 03:09:00 PM
This news totally sucks!!! I just bought tickets to the October 5th show as a gift for my friends wedding anniversary. He loves campy musicals(Taboo, Cry-Baby, Grey Gardens) and any campy movie relating to roller skating like Xanadu and Roller Boogie(with Linda Blair..anyone?) This show was the best of both worlds. Well after trying to get their schedules to clear without telling them why, I managed to find great tickets to the show and got them to trust that it was worth not knowing just ye
re: Fantasia's Final Performance
 Jan 7 2008, 02:13:25 PM
I saw the show back in June and thought Fantasia was great...but boy did she take it to another level last night!! AMAZING!!! I got tickets for my friend as a Christmas present (Front Mezz ctr. and only just bought them two weeks ago) and we didnt stop crying for almost the whole show. So many moments to point out. Everyone was on point last night!! I have never heard a more vocal crowd during a broadway show before...it's like people just became part of the show. I know some people may dislik
re: What did people think about Godspell the movie?
 Jan 11 2007, 06:15:47 AM
I was the sound designer for a production of Godspell. The director set it in the current day and the characters all had some form of post traumatic stress disorder. It was really intresting how he staged the show and surprisingly it was good and got good reviews.

The show had moments/flashbacks that showed each character and their past traumas(some overlapping) and how they came together.

I was the first who was set dead against the idea, when I heard it...but the directo

re: Titles for the next 'You're The One That I Want'
 Jan 5 2007, 03:05:15 PM
What about a show/documentary depicting those who DO NOT make broadway shows.

~HELL NO: The rough road to The Color Purple
~DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HURT ME?: The making of Taboo
~SOMEDAY IS FOR SUCKERS: Trying to make it in The Life (Maybe this actually sounds like an HBO undercover special...)

re: Favorite Mental Breakdown Song
 Jan 3 2007, 01:34:22 PM
No Good Deed - Wicked
Petrified - Taboo
Someday' is for suckers - The Life
Last Midnight - Into The Woods

re: How many broadway shows have you seen?
 Dec 30 2006, 07:42:03 PM
Hmm...
I've seen:

The Tap Dance Kid
Ain't Misbehavin
The Secret Garden
Miss Saigon
Phantom of the Opera
The Life
How to succeed..(revival)
Wicked
Rent
Fosse
The Lion King
Spamalot
25th Annual...
The Wedding Singer
Lestat

wow..didn't think I saw that much, and there's still so much I want to see..
-KK

re: Where is BLACK BROADWAY these days?
 Dec 20 2006, 03:24:56 AM
When I was young, I was first introduced to the theater world through a production of The Tap Dance Kid. I loved that show and still remember parts vividly some 20+ years later.

Black theater is/was a sign of the times.

Hippie/ free love movement brought shows like Hair, J.C.S., Company, Pippin, Godspell (Please correct me as this is all just coming from the top of my head.) Then it became black is beautiful period with The Tap Dance Kid, The Wiz, Ain't Misbehavin'...now we

re: Weird and/or Random Broadway References
 Dec 9 2006, 05:28:15 PM
On the Holloween episode of Ugly Betty, Betty's younger brother Justin dressed as the lead character from On the Town and started singing "New YOrk, New York"
re: Another teacher loses her job over her choice of school plays
 Mar 18 2006, 02:17:05 PM
In 1999 at my former high school - Amherst Regional High School - a production of West Side Story was cancelled when several Puerto Rican students and parents complained about what they perceived as stereotypical representations and racial slurs in the musical. It ignited a passionate controversy in the Pioneer Valley area that made international news. The cancellation provoked angry protests on the town common and charges of censorship by the American Civil Liberties Union.

Ironically

re: I know, ANOTHER Wicked question---UPDATE!!!
 Feb 8 2006, 11:34:53 PM
Hey guys...

I know this has already been answered but, like everyone else, I thought I'd share my two-cents.

When I saw Wicked (Original Cast), the "elixer" line WAS in the show. My friend who went with me the first time, saw it again about 7 months later (New Cast) and it WAS NOT in the show(and he is a HUGE fan - knows everyline!!) I have two bootleg videos of the show (dont even ask for a copy - sorry!!) One copy has the line in it, the other does not. What I noticed wa

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You