News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CFK

Member Name: CFK
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Official FRINGENYC Thread!
 Aug 22 2009, 04:29:36 PM
Jen & Angie, played at the UCB a couple years ago, and starts its 4 show run this Thursday at The Actors' Playhouse. It's a great use of $15. :)

re: What do you want to hear???
 Nov 14 2007, 08:37:41 PM
If you could get Debbie Gibson all up in this piece...that would be awesome.

You got her to auction off some stuff this last time...just saying.

re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
 Oct 23 2007, 02:06:26 PM
80's and cupcakes. Holler.
re: Who should play Morticia Addams?
 May 22 2007, 03:02:10 PM
First choice, Donna Murphy.

Second choice, Julia Murney.

re: Spelling Bee's Keenan-Bolger to Star in Saved
 May 8 2007, 12:46:25 AM
Here's a thought...Could they cast Mandy Moore?
re: This Year's ACTOR'S FUND All-Star Concert Suggestions
 Apr 21 2007, 03:57:08 PM
CAROUSEL
HELLO DOLLY
CAMELOT

I'd love to see an old classic dusted off...I doubt that's what will happen.

re: Top Ten Scores of All Time
 Apr 9 2007, 04:58:37 PM
A Little Night Music
Carousel
Kiss me Kate
Last Five Years
Light in the Piazza
Nine
Passion
Ragtime
Sunday in the Park with George
West Side Story

re: 11 O'Clock number question
 Apr 9 2007, 12:35:24 PM
A agree that the number is to jolt the audience. I think My favorite has to be "Ain't it Good" from Children of Eden.

and RE: all the wicked discussion, I can't remember who it was, maybe it was Julia Murney, but she jokingly said that Elphaba's 11 O'clock number is at 8:15...I found that humorous.

wall street journal blurb
 Apr 6 2007, 05:46:57 PM
The whole, "A lot of work went into this show..." argument gets really old really quickly. EVERY single production on Broadway has a hell of a lot of work that goes into it, not just work either, time, money, and talent too!

Just call a spade a spade. This show despite "all the blood, sweat, and tears" failed to deliver.

End of.

re: What's With All the Hatred Towards WICKED?
 Mar 12 2007, 04:43:06 PM
I like Wicked. It's entertainment, one of theatre's intentions...It's not Sondheim or LaChuisa, but I certainly wouldn't turn down tickets.

What's really unfortunate is the backlash that all those involved with the production have to encounter...here especially. Like it or not those original leading ladies are very talented, and they deserved at least some of the praise they received.

And another thought, this is a great show to get people to come to the theatre. What i

Worst Opening Number
 Mar 11 2007, 11:35:19 PM
I'm probably going to get lambasted for saying this, but oh well here we go. How is the opening in Wicked even close to be considered the worst opening of all time?

Yes, most people on here loathe the show, but surely there is something a bit worse...Take All Shook Up for example...

That being said, BEST: Chicago or Sweeney Todd WORST: All Shook Up

The Big Shill
 Mar 8 2007, 01:08:49 PM
^^

Excellently said and executed. I wish more people on this board would step off their high horses, so that we could get more posts like yours!

re: Kerry Butler to Star in Xanadu, Opening Set for June 26
 Mar 2 2007, 04:46:38 PM
My wish to see this died when Krakowski left the project. Good luck to Kerry Butler though...Good to see her back on Broadway.
Special Effect on stage that had the most impact to you in the storytelling
 Feb 5 2007, 11:42:56 PM
For its hilarity: Jane and her sheet in "Call from the Vatican".

For tingle inducing spectacle: Defying Gravity

re: Smokey Robinson Slams 'Dreamgirls'
 Feb 5 2007, 11:17:53 PM
Wow let's show some respect. Smokey Robinson was one of the most integral parts of Motown Records (A Vice President actually). He's not a "whiney bitch". He has every right to be pissed at how the movie portrayed his boss and friend. It's too bad the movie went "there" with its comparisons as opposed to the stage show that didn't quite ram it down the audiences' throats.

EDIT: To day that Berry Gordy did work with cars before he founded Motown, and also to clear up that fact that I kn

re: Ellen Burstyn's Acting Rant
 Nov 20 2006, 05:50:17 PM
I know it was clear; I just wish she would have elaborated. I'm intrigued to hear more of her thoughts on it.

Don't patronize me like I'm a five year old.

re: Ellen Burstyn's Acting Rant
 Nov 20 2006, 04:26:41 PM
So can a performance in a mediocre piece not be considered great?

I can think of several examples that prove the contrary.

I wish she would have elaborated.

re: Cheno and Idina coming back to Wicked???
 Oct 17 2006, 09:39:18 AM
IMO I doubt there will ever be a Wicked reunion/concert. The music just doesn't lend itself well to the concert setting. I agree with everyone that says when Idina is done in London she's done.
re: Wicked London Video
 Sep 27 2006, 08:09:43 PM
Yawn. This argument is so repetitive.

Idina is one of those you love em' or hate em' performers. I happen to love her.

And I think you meant amateur.

re: Wicked London Video
 Sep 26 2006, 03:52:36 PM
You're right, munkustrap178, it doesn't alter the note, and it does sound rough. I'm just saying that it's ludicrous to start lambasting a vocal performance from a streaming video because it alters how we hear things. The lambasting wasn't begun yet...but I'm just doing a pre-emptive strike.

PS And she hasn't sung Wicked since like 2005? So it's had time to heal.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You