News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lisaspo

lisaspo Profile Photo
Member Name: lisaspo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fight Breast Cancer with Teddy Bears with Broadway autographs
 Nov 3 2016, 02:12:48 PM

Hey guys!  

Last month I walked in the AVON 39: The Walk to End Breast Cancer... it was my 22nd long distance walk to fight breast cancer and I've raised more than $170,000 over the past 14 years.  My biggest fundraiser is something I call Project Teddy Bear ... I wait outside a lot of stage doors and go to a lot of conventions and just generally bug a lot of people to collect autographs that I attach to little breast cancer bears and auction off along with photos of the celebs who signed the tags.

I just launched a batch of auctions that includes Lin-Manuel Miranda, Cynthia Erivo, Laura Benanti, Jessie Mueller and a bunch of other Broadway folks... you can see all the pics below and access all the auctions here:  http://www.lisawalks.com/2016-project-teddy-bear-auctions-are-now-live/

All 2016 Project Teddy Bear auctions

Thanks so much for taking a look and helping fight breast cancer!

Lisa

Kerry Butler, Mark Ruffalo, Hugh Jackman and more featured in new breast cancer auctions!
 Oct 22 2009, 05:38:16 PM
Hi guys!

Wanted to get another batch of auctions up for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! All proceeds (after fees) of all my auctions go to The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!

As usual, I've got a handful of Broadway folks represented. :)

In this round, I've got teddy bears with autographs and photos of:

Kerry Butler
Tim Curry
Mark Ruffalo
John Schneider
Tom Wopat
Olivia Newton John

I also have pink boxing gloves signed by:

An

re: Elephant Project - Fall 2009 Auctions to benefit Alzheimer's Association with TONS of Stars!
 Oct 12 2009, 11:25:09 PM
Bumping because there's only 1 day left... and Audra McDonald still doesn't have any bids!
Morrison, Jackson, Cumming and MORE featured in Project Teddy Bear auctions to fight breast cancer
 Sep 23 2009, 02:08:41 PM
src= src=

Hi guys!

This will be familiar to some of you. :)

Every year, I walk in The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer... it's a
2-day, 39 mile walk to raise awareness and money to fight breast cancer.

One of the ways I raise money is with something I call Project
Teddy Bear... I ask celebrities to sign tags that I attach to
breast cancer bears and auction off along with a picture of the celebrity with a bear.

I've got 54 auctions live right now... including bears signed by Cheyenne Jackson, Matthew Morrison, Kristen Bell, Michael Cerveris, Alan Cumming, Whoopi Goldberg, Frederick Weller, John Lloyd Young, Morena Baccarin and Eric Stoltz.

I also have pink boxing gloves signed by Three Days of Rain's Julia Roberts, Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper and by Kristin Chenoweth and the cast of Pushing Daisies.

Please check them out! Thanks so much for your interest and support. :)

Thanks!
Lisa

re: Auctions featuring stars of Rock of Ages, God of Carnage, 9 to 5 and more fight breast cancer!
 Jun 12 2009, 09:52:05 AM
Thanks yay_gerb and PlayhouseBeauty! And good luck with the Relay for Life... my mom has done that a bunch of times... it's a great event!!
re: Auctions featuring stars of Rock of Ages, God of Carnage, 9 to 5 and more fight breast cancer!
 Jun 12 2009, 12:43:59 AM
Ha! Sorry AllThatJazz!

Thanks WishingOnlyWounds! :)

Auctions featuring stars of Rock of Ages, God of Carnage, 9 to 5 and more fight breast cancer!
 Jun 12 2009, 12:21:47 AM
As some of you know, every year I walk in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer -- a 2-day, marathon-and-a-half walk to raise money and awareness to fight breast cancer. This year I'll be walking in my 16th and 17th walks and am trying to raise $15,000 (I've raised more than $100,000 since I started walking in 2002).

One of the ways I raise money is by collecting autographs which I attach to stuffed breast cancer bears and auction off along with a picture of the person signing with a bear.
re: KASPER HAUSER: A Foundling's Opera ... One of the Best New Musicals I'v
 Mar 1 2009, 07:03:08 PM
Saw this yesterday afternoon and *really* liked it! I didn't know much about it and really just went because I had a friend in it, but at the intermission I turned to the friend I went to see it with and we laughed because we were both liking it so much more than we had ever expected! Great show and I'm already thinking of going again so I can get some other friends to go.
Breast Cancer Auctions: Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Patrick Wilson, Kelli O'Hara and more!
 Sep 15 2008, 08:12:20 AM
Hi guys!

I've got my latest batch of auctions live to benefit The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer... and there's less than 24 hours left to bid!

The auctions include breast cancer awareness bears with autographs from, and photos of, Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Kelli O'Hara, Patrick Wilson and lots more from TV and film. Also pink boxing gloves signed by Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes and the cast of Scrubs.

Please check them out! Thanks for your interest and support. :) <

re: Musical Internet Series Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog with Neil Patrick
 Jul 29 2008, 11:11:30 AM
In case you missed it the first time, the whole thing's up again...

New Breast Cancer Auctions... Angela Lansbury, DHP, Sara Ramirez and more!
 Mar 14 2008, 02:27:24 PM
(not sure why I can't get the subject to change... sorry for any confusion!)

Hey guys!

I have a new batch of Project Teddy Bear auctions to benefit the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer launched! (Next month I'll be walking in Houston and in October, back here in NYC... each walk is a 2-day, 39 mile walk to fight breast cancer).

This batch of 25 includes Angela Lansbury, David Hyde Pierce, Sara Ramirez, Kristin Chenoweth and a bunch of other folks from stage, screen and TV.

Please check them out here... http://www.lisawalks.com/ptb2008

Thanks!!
lisa

re: Who did you see before they were famous??
 Feb 22 2008, 02:29:02 PM
Kristin Bell in Reefer Madness.

I didn't even recognize her when I first started watching Veronica Mars, but, when I was cleaning up my Playbills, I noticed her name.

re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
 Feb 22 2008, 02:24:45 PM
I'm an idiot... freaking tabs. Sorry, nothing to see here. :)
20 at 20 is Back! $20 for Off-Broadway
 Feb 20 2008, 06:56:10 PM
Just got this in an email...

Here is your chance to catch up with shows you may have missed, get a sneak peek at the next big show, or revisit a favorite – all for only $20 each!

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS!

For TWO WEEKS ONLY, from Monday, February 25th through Sunday, March 9th, tickets for all 20at20 shows are only $20, starting 20 minutes before show time. Just go to the box office of the show you want to see 20 minutes before it begins and say, “20at20” and you

re: The Official 'fANADUs ' love thread to Xanadu the musical on Broadway !
 Jul 15 2007, 05:11:02 PM
Testing1232... actually, we were unable to get on-stage tickets for today on Friday... though, strangely, we *did* manage to get them for Saturday night (last night).

I'll be annoyed if they raise the price of those tickets as well.

re: XANADU Reviews
 Jul 11 2007, 07:01:13 PM
See, I don't agree that the show is "in on its own crumminess." (And I'm quoting that from your post, best12bars, but, this is really a response to a sentiment I've seen a lot of people stating)

I think it's generally understood that the source material/movie is crummy, but, I'd be really surprised if anybody involved with this production would actually say that they think they're doing a bad show (even a 'so bad it's good' show).

Yeah, it's self-referential and tongue in chee

re: 'Xanadu'- 'Awfully' Entertaining !!!!- MINOR Spoilers---
 Jun 17 2007, 09:27:55 AM
As much as I really like Cheyenne Jackson, I was having a little bit of a hard time seeing him in the part, too... he's just *too* good looking and seems much more of a traditional leading man type. But, after seeing him in "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman" the other day, I can't wait... he did a great dorky Clark Kent and I think his Sonny will be hysterical.
re: Sadly, Don't Quit Your Night Job Calls It Quits
 May 31 2007, 03:35:16 PM
That's such a bummer. I never did get to see it down at Joe's Pub, but, have seen it several times since it moved uptown and loved it... I hope they keep going in some capacity somewhere.
re: Don't Quit Your Night Job!!!! AMAZING LINEUP OF STARS!!!!
 May 30 2007, 04:33:14 PM
According to the website, here's who's coming up...

Thursday, May 31 at 11pm
Trevor Braun (Beauty and the Beast)

Friday, June 1 at 11pm
Christine Pedi (Talk Radio)

Saturday, June 2 at 5:30pm
Michael Mulheren (Deuce)

Saturday, June 2 at 8:00pm
Cheyenne Jackson (All Shook Up)

Sunday, June 3 at 7pm
Jenn Gambatese (Tarzan)

Monday, June 4 at 7pm
Derek Keeling and Austin Miller (Grease: You're the One that I Want)

re: Don't Quit Your Night Job!!!! AMAZING LINEUP OF STARS!!!!
 May 25 2007, 02:30:32 PM
One more day's info... Bebe Neuwirth on Monday, 5/28.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You